Ultimate Ears UE-SF5 EB cable upgrade
May 26, 2008 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

RuiCanela

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everybody!!
I own a pair of Ultimate Ears UE-SF5 EB and I love it.
I'm wondering if there is a cable upgrade for it? And where can I find it from here in Europe (Portugal)?
confused.gif

Anyone tryed this cable upgrade? Impressions from it ?

Cheers
Rui

May 26, 2008 at 1:58 AM Post #2 of 17
the westone universal cables, theres a thread about it, also in the jaben forums theres apparently a chinese manufacturer that makes a better cable, not sure about it,

May 26, 2008 at 4:42 AM Post #3 of 17
you can order a modded ES2 cable from Jaben, or buy it direct from westone and mod it yourself...

you can also look for a Chinese seller which is doing silver cables, but that'll cost quite a bit more.

May 27, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by direcow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you can order a modded ES2 cable from Jaben, or buy it direct from westone and mod it yourself...

you can also look for a Chinese seller which is doing silver cables, but that'll cost quite a bit more.

what's the difference between the normal westone cable and the modded one at jaben?

is there a product page or forum thread that sells them?

May 27, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by cow07 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what's the difference between the normal westone cable and the modded one at jaben?

is there a product page or forum thread that sells them?

The connectors need to be filed down before they can be used with the UE

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #7 of 17
Also a some point later this year APureSound is supposed to come out with a cable for all UE phones like the one they do now for ER4. The Westone cable is very niece both sq and especially ergonomics, it's hard to beleive that it is a cable it almost feels like it is a silk string, so unbelievably flexibly

Jun 25, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #9 of 17
I have dreams sometimes about the super.fi pro with a more flexible cable... my UE cable is just starting to turn greenish (oxidation??) so I'm going to give them a call and request the black one

Jul 2, 2008 at 2:32 PM Post #11 of 17
i've been using triple fi's black cable for my super fi eb. well, i just switch it right after i got the eb so i don't know but at least it looks better, i think

Jul 3, 2008 at 8:24 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hello
i comefrom taiwan,my english not good@@

you can buy this cable
store in china
in U.S or other country need people to help you buy it

Thanks for the info and the website mrck. A quick babelfish tells me that they want 260 Yuan for the HX-ES3 Teflon cable, which is aroundabout £20/$40 I think and the most expensive they are selling. If I went to UE's importer asking for a replacement cable they want that much just for the horrible bit of wire UE originally supply, so I'm sorely tempted to reach into my wallet. I also think its worth asking why in hells name are UE selling a cable that amounts to nothing more than a bit of string by comparison with a cable of this quality... now if they only made one that replaced the cable on ER4's also.

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:24 AM Post #13 of 17
hello

does somebody has been able to buy these chinese wires ?
i have gone on the thread : http://www.erji.net/read.php?tid=414237
posted by mrck

if some chinese speaking guy can hell me.

i've try to talk to the seller via taobao auction but i did not find how to complete the registration process.

thanks

Frederic from France.

Dec 28, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #14 of 17
I have talked to the store owner. he says they can do er4 cables if you send your old er4 cable in.

the taobao process is an EXTREME pain in the ass.

First you must get a sort of online bank account set up at Bank of China. You charge money into that bank account and you also receive two cards.

After that I believe (been a while) you have to go on Bank of China's website and register. There is one of those randomly generated character type in box. You cannot view there version of it on anything but Internet Explorer (I'm a mac user).

After that you can place your order, follow the process until it tells you to access the Bank of China site to confirm the payment.

I'm 20% illiterate when it comes to Chinese but I really hope somebody could convince the shopowner to start his own site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back