Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Jul 24, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #587 of 811
Bluetooth cable shows available on this link

http://pro.ultimateears.com/replacement-cable-after-september-1-2010

See the drop down.

Nice find. They had the same options for new purchases at one time, but have since been removed.

It's good to know the option is there, although I'm now ready for wireless yet. I'm more likely to acquire a SilverFi product than entering the wireless realm. But things change so who knows.

jb.png

Jul 27, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #588 of 811
My UE-10s from a decade+ was not far off from current market price. The price has not changed much after some revisions (UERM, UERR). What's great is I can still send them in for repairs now and most likely a decade from now since they are backed by Logitech.

I still listening to my UE-10 and a year ago i did re-shell them and with upgraded silver cable i am not sure if i need change them.

Jul 28, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #589 of 811
I still listening to my UE-10 and a year ago i did re-shell them and with upgraded silver cable i am not sure if i need change them.

I would be good with just UE-10, upgraded cable and Chord Mojo, but somehow ended up going off the deep end.

I created this account because a well-respected top 5 hall-of-famer legend Head-Fier was offering WTB for more than I paid for the UE-10 a decade+ ago. It took me almost a month to finally decide to part with the UE-10, but by that time it was too late. He made such a tempting offer. Well-played. But this was not a bad thing as it would be impossible to find the UE-10 in it's current excellent almost new condition. Given current prices and newness, I would choose UE-10 over UERM or UERR. I did not feel comfortable selling either at that time because it did not go through the UE testing yet since I cracked the shell. If it did, maybe I would of not hesitated selling so much.

If this legend enjoyed the UE-10 so much that he's willing to pay more than what I paid for them new, that's good enough for me.

In the end, things worked out and I ended up just selling other items thus allowing me to swim in the deep end while still retaining the UE-10. Will need to reshell UE-10 soon.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #590 of 811
I could hardly find any information about upgrade cable for UERR.
So, over the past few days, I have demoed some upgrade cables.

Copper: Effect Audio Ares II, PW Audio No.5, HanSound Audio Zen.
Effect Audio Ares II made the UERR too airy, the smoothness is lost. Go for this if you want more air.
PW Audio No.5 retains much of the stock cable's sound signature, mostly tightening up the bass and feels like a veil is removed. Good pairing.
HanSound Audio Zen added some more body to the overall sound signature. Good if you find that UERR lacks body.

Silver: PW Audio Blackicon Single Crystal Silver, HanSound Audio Agni.
PW Audio Blackicon Single Crystal Silver is surprisingly a good match. The background becomes nearly clinically clean. It reduces the warmth of the bass region and tightens it while retaining the smoothness of the mids. The highs did not become too bright and have become much better controlled.
HanSound Audio Agni is similar to the PW Audio Blackicon Single Crystal Silver but has a bit more body and warmth which made it not as clean sounding overall.

Hybrid: Effect Audio Eros II
Effect Audio Eros II is a weird one. It's like a mix between Effect Audio Ares II and HanSound Audio Zen. Not so good of a pairing.

Overall I found that the PW Audio Blackicon Single Crystal Silver is the best match for my tastes. I have just ordered one.
Thanks to Music Sanctuary for being so hospitable!!!

I hope this is useful :)

Aug 13, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #591 of 811
I could hardly find any information about upgrade cable for UERR.
So, over the past few days, I have demoed some upgrade cables.

Overall I found that the PW Audio Blackicon Single Crystal Silver is the best match for my tastes. I have just ordered one.
Thanks to Music Sanctuary for being so hospitable!!!

I hope this is useful :)

Did you order the cable with the recessed 2 pin for the triple fi 10?

Aug 14, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #593 of 811
It's mind-boggling to me too. Among the most overlooked IEMs on head-fi. I went to CanJam NYC over the weekend (had a blast on Sat!!!), and brought with me 3 pairs of IEMs for testing different sources and as a reference for comparison. UERR ToGo (needed neutral monitors), Zeus XRA (to test higher resolution and to check for hissing due to their sensitivity, though the crowd is so loud, it's pointless), and W900 (to test the bass!). These 3 covered all the grounds for me.

Might be able to test UE18+ soon (and compare to UERR), can't wait!!!

i am considering the UERR massdrop ...need 2 more people @ $799.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ultimate-ears-reference-remastered

I've never had a custom before...have the fab for buck value FLC 8S and just yesterday
got in the AK T8ei mkii.....could sell 'em both for the UERR, however....decisions.

twister and others who've heard this iem and many others: would you say it is one of the better bangs for the buck (esp nowadays when $$$$ iems are all the rage)? I do like a balanced, resolving and detailed sound, but also is slightly warm with good (but not overdone) bass slam....i wonder if this would be too ''balanced.''..too bad there wasn't a 'bass dial' as some other iems have (jh)..but i understand why not given they're supposed to be neutral.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #594 of 811
i am considering the UERR massdrop ...need 2 more people @ $799.
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/ultimate-ears-reference-remastered

I've never had a custom before...have the fab for buck value FLC 8S and just yesterday
got in the AK T8ei mkii.....could sell 'em both for the UERR, however....decisions.

twister and others who've heard this iem and many others: would you say it is one of the better bangs for the buck (esp nowadays when $$$$ iems are all the rage)? I do like a balanced, resolving and detailed sound, but also is slightly warm with good (but not overdone) bass slam....i wonder if this would be too ''balanced.''..too bad there wasn't a 'bass dial' as some other iems have (jh)..but i understand why not given they're supposed to be neutral.

I personally refer to a sound being Balanced when you have more of W-signature with emphasis on lows/mids/highs. UERR to my ears is neutral, where nothing really too emphasized yet it has a very natural, detailed sound with a nice resolution. I think it has everything you are looking for except that extra bass slam which is where UE18+ Pro excels, though UERR responds well to EQ and you can always give it a few dB of boost around 60Hz.

Aug 15, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #596 of 811
I would say the UE RR is one of the better in ears I've heard period.

Yo - I'm at a Starbucks right now! Listening to the UEPRR while writing my Sensaphonics 3D-U AARO System 3D-2 review.

IMG_2671.JPG

Aug 15, 2017 at 2:15 PM Post #597 of 811
That massdrop deal is tempting. I probably woukd have joined if there were option to customize it. I'm not really a fan of wood. UE typically has good turnaround time for their ciem so the wait shouldn't be too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back