Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Jul 20, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #571 of 811
My 2cents. Prices seems to go up rediculously, but sound ain't. This industry really need to get back to reasonable priced quality audio headphones.
I don't think the UERR is "ridiculously priced". The time and effort involved in R&D, as well as advancing the technology for accurate, repeatable construction isn't cheap. I think that UE's price is more than fair, especially their support and service.

Jul 21, 2017 at 3:50 AM Post #572 of 811
My 2cents. Prices seems to go up rediculously, but sound ain't. This industry really need to get back to reasonable priced quality audio headphones.

Really? There may be disproportionate marketing/attention amongst enthusiasts for high price "TOTL" "flagships" (which even make UERR seem like a bargain) but there are SO MANY decent headphones in every price range. Especially for IEMs... compared to 10 years ago, its an absurd cornucopia.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #573 of 811
My UE-10s from a decade+ was not far off from current market price. The price has not changed much after some revisions (UERM, UERR). What's great is I can still send them in for repairs now and most likely a decade from now since they are backed by Logitech.

Jul 22, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #574 of 811
Thanks everybody for their input on the UERR and UE Pro 18+. Shout out to Moedawg for all the PM assistance.

I'm out of that bling phase for CIEM, so just wanted something stealth that blends with the skin. Sort of like hearing aids I guess.

UE Pro 18+ MMCX iOS cable. Silver-Fi R4 or PWAudio 4-wire may match well one day but wallet took critical damage hit with committing to the Hugo₂ soon.

F U Moedawg and Flinkenick for present and upcoming damages. J/K. Selling items since April so will break even at the end minus custom cable. Cheers!

18plus.png

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #576 of 811
Hows the UERR when compared to UE11 Pro?

UE11 Pro is the most bassy of the UE line, and the UEPRR is more of a reference/balanced presentation.

Try to get to a kiosk so you can listen to the entire lineup, if you can. If not, if you want bassy, get the 11 Pro. If you want more of a reference/balanced presentation, get the UEPRR (from the two you inquired).

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #577 of 811
Thanks everybody for their input on the UERR and UE Pro 18+. Shout out to Moedawg for all the PM assistance.

I'm out of that bling phase for CIEM, so just wanted something stealth that blends with the skin. Sort of like hearing aids I guess.

UE Pro 18+ MMCX iOS cable. Silver-Fi R4 or PWAudio 4-wire may match well one day but wallet took critical damage hit with committing to the Hugo₂ soon.

F U Moedawg and Flinkenick for present and upcoming damages. J/K. Selling items since April so will break even at the end minus custom cable. Cheers!

Haha -- Congrats!

Just got mine back - many thanks to UE for shipping the 18+ to my hotel in London, so I could listen to the 18+ on my way back to the states. I had the UEPRR with me as well, but I used the soon-to-be-released "Ultimate" cable (affectionately called gold plated copper and silver) I was using with the UEPRR with the 18+ with thoroughly clean sounding results.

The full post is here:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/u...s-and-impressions.829099/page-3#post-13616004

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #578 of 811

Haha -- Congrats!

Just got mine back - many thanks to UE for shipping the 18+ to my hotel in London, so I could listen to the 18+ on my way back to the states. I had the UEPRR with me as well, but I used the soon-to-be-released "Ultimate" cable (affectionately called gold plated copper and silver) I was using with the UEPRR with the 18+ with thoroughly clean sounding results.

The full post is here:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/u...s-and-impressions.829099/page-3#post-13616004

Thanks.

Nice, Lavar Ball and the Big Baller Brand would be proud. "Your not a Big Baller unless you have UE Pro 18+ sent to London to use on plane back to the States". :wink:. That's very nice of UE. Their customer service always seem to be top notch.

How do they hold up with the air pressure on the plane?

How does the isolation hold up on the plane? Ambient sound of the jet engines?

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #579 of 811
Thanks.

Nice, Lavar Ball and the Big Baller Brand would be proud. "Your not a Big Baller unless you have UE Pro 18+ sent to London to use on plane back to the States". :wink:. That's very nice of UE. Their customer service always seem to be top notch.

How do they hold up with the air pressure on the plane?

How does the isolation hold up on the plane? Ambient sound of the jet engines?
They are doing their thing, big ups to them, for sure! Looking to see how Mr. Ball hopefully helps revitalize the Lakers franchise. We shall see!

UE's customer service is one of my favorite. I wear their shirts around with pride. It was nice for Bob from Trinity Audio to send a Vyrus V2 to my room as well. Out of all of the Vyrus V2 filters available, my Head-Fier friend wound up choosing the same filter that I chose! A third company tried to send theirs to my room, but time constraints from where that company is from (China) may have had his product sent to me too late, so after sending it to a UK Head-Fier for me (not in time to get to my room in time), the person from the third company will send a pair back to me in the states -- awesome service as well!

With regards to air pressure on the plane, I think that customs such as the UEPRR, Shure SE846 with SCS, Layla, UE Custom and UE 18+ all work well in my experience. I only wear customs now on flights so I don't experience escutcheon tube/inner ear pain, especially after the pain I experienced during my very first flight to London in the past and wasn't wearing customs. However, I feel the thicker the material of the housing (clear vs. opaque) and inner driver(s) with components, the more isolation and air pressure management will be experienced. The UE 18+ (clear housing and 6 internal drivers with components) does a great job, but I feel the thicker housing (opaque and 12 internal drivers with components) of the Layla does a better overall job with isolation and air pressure of the airplane. The sound of the jet engines aren't a concern when you have music playing at least with any of the customs mentioned above. You don't really need to wear customs the entire flight (I do), but mainly when there are elevation changes (during takeoff and landing), to combat escutcheon tube/inner ear pain if you experience any of that whilst flying.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #580 of 811
They are doing their thing, big ups to them, for sure! Looking to see how Mr. Ball hopefully helps revitalize the Lakers franchise. We shall see!

UE's customer service is one of my favorite. I wear their shirts around with pride. It was nice for Bob from Trinity Audio to send a Vyrus V2 to my room as well. Out of all of the Vyrus V2 filters available, my Head-Fier friend wound up choosing the same filter that I chose! A third company tried to send theirs to my room, but time constraints from where that company is from (China) may have had his product sent to me too late, so after sending it to a UK Head-Fier for me (not in time to get to my room in time), the person from the third company will send a pair back to me in the states -- awesome service as well!

With regards to air pressure on the plane, I think that customs such as the UEPRR, Shure SE846 with SCS, Layla, UE Custom and UE 18+ all work well in my experience. I only wear customs now on flights so I don't experience escutcheon tube/inner ear pain, especially after the pain I experienced during my very first flight to London in the past and wasn't wearing customs. However, I feel the thicker the material of the housing (clear vs. opaque) and inner driver(s) with components, the more isolation and air pressure management will be experienced. The UE 18+ (clear housing and 6 internal drivers with components) does a great job, but I feel the thicker housing (opaque and 12 internal drivers with components) of the Layla does a better overall job with isolation and air pressure of the airplane. The sound of the jet engines aren't a concern when you have music playing at least with any of the customs mentioned above. You don't really need to wear customs the entire flight (I do), but mainly when there are elevation changes (during takeoff and landing), to combat escutcheon tube/inner ear pain if you experience any of that whilst flying.

Yes, rooting for the Ball Family. They will definitely put people in the seats, attract new followers and generate excitement that have been long missing around these parts.

UE CS +1. Happy with the 3D scan BTW. Did not use a bite block, but just kept loose. Not sad to skip the invasive old method of ear impressions this time around.

Thanks. That's very helpful information. Very difficult to find this valuable info on the web since Customs is such a niche market. Cheers.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #581 of 811
Do those mmcx cables have memory wire on it? Ive been looking for a cable that I can use with my phone that doesn't take a long time to arrive. Memory wire usually kills it with my glasses.

Also does anyone know if UE is transitioning to mmcx instead of their old 2 pin connectors? I don't see many companies giving the consumer a choice on if they want 2 pin or mmcx. I've been meaning to purchase a set but finding time to get impressions done is quite difficult.

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #582 of 811
Yes, rooting for the Ball Family. They will definitely put people in the seats, attract new followers and generate excitement that have been long missing around these parts.

UE CS +1. Happy with the 3D scan BTW. Did not use a bite block, but just kept loose. Not sad to skip the invasive old method of ear impressions this time around.

Thanks. That's very helpful information. Very difficult to find this valuable info on the web since Customs is such a niche market. Cheers.
Happy to help.

Yeah, there's no real in-depth info on specific custom situations on the internet, and especially custom sleeves -- that was why I started posting online in the first place; close to zero info on the SCS, and I wanted to change that. What's good is that I'm not the Internet, I'm a person you can talk to and get advice if need be - I'll do the best I can to assist, especially if I've experienced inquiries that are presented.

Let's see how the Lakers do this year...it can't be worse than this past season...

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #583 of 811
Do those mmcx cables have memory wire on it? Ive been looking for a cable that I can use with my phone that doesn't take a long time to arrive. Memory wire usually kills it with my glasses.

Also does anyone know if UE is transitioning to mmcx instead of their old 2 pin connectors? I don't see many companies giving the consumer a choice on if they want 2 pin or mmcx. I've been meaning to purchase a set but finding time to get impressions done is quite difficult.

Some MMCX cables have memory wire, and some do not. The wired cables have memory wire, and the Bluetooth cable does not have memory wire. You can always remove memory wire if need be. Check out my SCS review for instructions to remove the wire and sheath if you need assistance/help.

It isn't that UE is transitioning to MMCX, it's more about having a choice now. You can change the current 2-pin to MMCX for $50 a side if you'd like. I like both connections currently because the Ultimate series cables utilize the UE 2-pin and the Bluetooth cable utilizes the MMCX, so it's more about what you want to use your CIEM for which will dictate which connection route you would want to go. I think it's refreshing for UE to offer either connectors for ultimate flexibility.

Jul 23, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #585 of 811
I believe it is memory wire. It's breaking in by retaining the 'hook' position via the plastic sleeves.

You can try inEarz:

https://www.inearz.com/microphone-cable/

They can probably verify if their product has memory wire, but it's 2-pin.

3D scan took about 15 minutes.

Current UE options: (No more Jaybird Bluetooth MMCX)

Just let me know if you want a Bluetooth cable. :slight_smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back