Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Jun 19, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #257 of 811
The UERR is a nice CIEM and will be my go-to for comparison purposes with regards to most C/IEMs (after my review is published), especially in the $500 and up range (or any amount in price if it is requested and I have listened to the requested C/IEM(s)).

Jun 19, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #258 of 811
Transparent reference phones or IEMs usually don't provoke long threads. There isn't much color to discuss or overbearing bass or treble to laud|complain about. Everything is more less very balanced frequency-wise, and the music is simply delivered cleanly as it should.
cool.gif

These will be my IEMs when I get some other things situated.

Jun 20, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #259 of 811
They (UERMs) are in my ears right now and they sound...perfect.  If you have a good source player and good source material, and you don't want overwhelming bass, these are great.  You WILL hear it if your source player is not good, and you WILL hear it if your source material is not mixed/mastered well.  It doesn't hide anything, but it doesn't add anything, either.  From what I've read the new version is just as good.

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #260 of 811
My setup :
AK240SS + Vorzuge Pure II Plus + UERR = I'm speechless.......

Vorzuge Pure II+ is a really damn best amp. It's a beast !!! Tried many head amp range $500 - 1.000 and there are nothing can defeat this litte beast. IMHO.

Jun 24, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #261 of 811
Tried these at the Hong Kong Audio Visual Expo a few weeks back. simply floored by how ...how neutral and reference these sounded. It was really like I was listening to music just as music, totally uncoloured by the sound signature of any IEM.
also , they look pretty cool :wink:

Jul 20, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #262 of 811

Enter to Win A Pair of Reference Remastered In-Ears from Ultimate Ears

Ok folks you are gonna love this!

UE is giving away a pair of the new UE Reference Monitor Remastered!! Seriously. Get your clicking fingers ready.

Here’s the deal, we’ll be giving away one pair of UE RRs, we will also take care of your impressions if you don’t have ‘em.

Only legal U.S. residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry are eligible to enter.

The contest starts Today (July 20th, 2016) at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time and ends 11:59pm PDT August 20, 2016. The winner will be announced shortly after that (within about 3 days of the end of the contest). You can check out the complete rules here:  The UE RR Giveaway OFFICIAL RULES.

If you win you are gonna be stoked. Seriously stoked!!

FY2vY0gj-ZdaHBK7vzTKIPB2PopAClzY4YvR4KxnRFXdlmmfH4PkCVMVLsB1IX1pIM6uy7hUiU8DkWs7-PJgp7P9OPCZO3EB3BL3z8B26Th8W3Iwf9viITheQX8B4nwygkSnGJJE

The original UE RM became the go-to choice for all types of music professionals that wanted a perceived flat set of IEMs and was designed in collaboration with the engineers at the legendary Capitol Studios in LA. It’s translational sound attributes also made it a solid option for mixing on the move for many folks. And then they went ahead and improved it. You can expect a wider response in the high end though as Head-Fi honcho Jude says they have a smoother high end and a more realistic low end than the original UE RMs. And, you trust met that dude Jude (see what I did there)  knows what he is talking about.

You can watch his full video review here.

Good luck! And may the luckiest person win!

Enter to Win A Pair of Reference Remastered In-Ears from Ultimate Ears

Aug 19, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #269 of 811
  I feel kinda sad as a new owner that these IEMs are not getting as much attention. Why is that?

It's mostly because consumers are not that well educated. There is extensive professional sound engineer research behind the UERM / UERR products, they really stands out in terms of technical abilities and reference reproduction. Vast majority of other products on the market (even more expensive) are not developed by the real professional sound engineers behind. Mostly just by the hi-fi enthusiasts who worked in hearing aid industry, without real music production knowledge who just want to build nice in ears to their taste.
Also the general public just don't know what the reference sound really is so they instead of real measurements (which are only objective to compare) rather describes all the products with terms like 'smooth highs, tight bass' .. this is just a joke and it says nothing.
You can basically see the product descriptions of all flagship IEMs on the market using this way of nonsense quotes. 

At the end there should be the discussion for what there is need for 100's of different headphones or inears. It is enough just one model with 100% reference certified sound. And everyone can easily distort / destroy the real flat reproduction to their taste with the EQ, if they wish to hear the sound in different way than artists intended.

But already buying the product which reproduces the sound in the unknown way? That's really weird in 2016 :wink: All the products should be shipped with the exact graphs how they divert from the reference sound :wink: Otherwise it is completely nonsense to talk about signature. Because nobody on this forum can hear / describe if the 6500Hz frequency is +3dB raised against the reference :wink:)

All the endless discussions on this forum, describing the sound signatures and tons of variations with different cables, amps, dacs - this is without any measured numbers just a nonsense. Hundreds of guys are debating in the way 'this sounds best', 'this sounds little worse' then 'this setup' .. it's like what? :)) you can do this same with the colors - if you wash this yellow t-shirt twice - the color is better!! But if you wash it with the blue jeans together, then it is truly best - much better then original color :D .. it's exactly this type of comparing stuff there. Waste of time :)

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #270 of 811
  I feel kinda sad as a new owner that these IEMs are not getting as much attention. Why is that?

I agree. I am not an owner, but I do feel that these pair of IEMs deserve more widespread attention that it does right now. I spoke to the people at UE about 1-2 months ago, and theres something in the works to help give other head-fiers more context for the UERR, so stay tune.
smily_headphones1.gif

It's mostly because consumers are not that well educated.

I wouldn't say that they are not well educated, its more of the information regarding the UERR is rather limited compared to other offerings from other companies, making it harder for them to convince themselves that the UERR is the right option for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back