Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
May 7, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #241 of 811
Auditioned the UERR yesterday at the Irvine office and was totally blown away. Amazing transparency and detail presented on a fairly wide stage, with a layering of sounds that really forces the listener into an analytical state of mind, while at the same time keeping the musically of the original recording. A must-audition for any ciem enthusiast. Bass heavier than I expected, but the deep stage, layering / separation of sounds and lush mids and crisp highs really make it a controlled, very pleasing signiture that just sounded right to me.

Ordered on the spot.

Will be an excellent addition to my LCD-XC, when I'm feeling like something a little more analytical. Great job to Ultimate Ears, especially for the price tag!

May 8, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #242 of 811
Hey Ben,
I was there on Friday for a repair on my UERM's. I wish I'd asked for an audition...

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #244 of 811
Hey Everybody. 

Wanted to share a great review the UE RR got recently. 

Michael Galvin of Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity positively reviewed UE Pro Reference Remastered. Noting that he had not previously used a pair of custom in-ear monitors, Michael stated that he couldn’t “imagine a better fit,” acknowledging that “once you put the monitor in, the Reference Remastered quickly feels like it’s part of you.”

Even more impressive for Michael, was that UE Pro achieved such a perfect fit with “only about five minutes to perform the 3D laser scanning” process.  Overall, he concluded that UE Pro Reference Remastered is “is easily one of the most dynamic, natural-sounding components I’ve ever heard and for anyone craving neutrality, resolution, and involvement; it is highly, highly recommended.”

As always feel free to PM me if you have any question about the UE RR or any of the UE's. 
Rock on!!

Kenn

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #246 of 811
I most definitely agree with regards to the fit of the UERR; for an acrylic design, it feels very good.  In the future, a silicone custom option would be awesome!

Jun 9, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #248 of 811
I most definitely agree with regards to the fit of the UERR; for an acrylic design, it feels very good.  In the future, a silicone custom option would be awesome!

I have been thinking a silicone option would be very awesome also. I agree with how good the fit is, and how great the 3D scan was, but a silicone shell would be great if offered!

I'd still love to know if anyone has compared these with the SE5 ultimate...!

Jun 14, 2016 at 3:50 AM Post #249 of 811
got mine a week ago..
love the sound from the very first out of the box. it's an easy listening signature. it's neutral, natural, balance, flat.
no fatique tone. no sibilance. really easy to listen.
compare to tg334, really hard to choose the winner. I choose tg334 in the morning and play with uerr at night.

Jun 16, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #250 of 811
  Hey Ben,
I was there on Friday for a repair on my UERM's. I wish I'd asked for an audition...

Sorry just saw this!

Yeah, they have a universal you can try. It's rather good, it sounded more burnt-in and relaxed than the one I have now... either because of burn-in time, universal fitting or my bad memory! Probably the latter. 

They are comparable to my LCD-XCs, sound signature wise, in my opinion. Compliment each other really well! I'd say they sound more like the XCs than the HD800 though, but I have not compared them for a long enough time to fully tell. 

Jun 18, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #251 of 811
What on earth happened to this thread? As I read through it the RR's sound like an ideal upgrade for me yet there are just 250 posts about it? I'm confused as to why these haven't gotten any attention, when some of the new brands at 2x the price have 10x the interest on head-fi. 

Anyway, I got scans of my ears at an eFit event today so I might be ordering some. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether they would be a significant upgrade from my current Earsonics SM3's? I just bought a Mojo, and it has me thinking I need better IEMs, never really had thought about customs until I happened to get the scans (although I did have the original triple fi 10's ages ago). 

gary

Jun 18, 2016 at 11:31 PM Post #252 of 811
What on earth happened to this thread? As I read through it the RR's sound like an ideal upgrade for me yet there are just 250 posts about it? I'm confused as to why these haven't gotten any attention, when some of the new brands at 2x the price have 10x the interest on head-fi. 

Anyway, I got scans of my ears at an eFit event today so I might be ordering some. Anyone have any thoughts as to whether they would be a significant upgrade from my current Earsonics SM3's? I just bought a Mojo, and it has me thinking I need better IEMs, never really had thought about customs until I happened to get the scans (although I did have the original triple fi 10's ages ago). 

gary

It seems to me that for headphones/earphones that are really good, people spend most of their time enjoying it rather than talking about it.

The UERR is a no nonsense IEM that is built right, sounded right, and priced right. If one is looking for an IEM that would just work, this is it.

It doesn't include any fancy technology, a large number of drivers, or eye-popping design that will attract people's attentions who tend to contribute the most to the number of posts. You don't earn any bragging rights either as there are many "fancier" CIEM in the market.

Similar to the UERM, not a widely discussed CIEM but to those who owns it, you know what a quality item you have there!

Jun 19, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #253 of 811
Well, consider that there is not really a UERM thread here at all.  Not like the JH iem threads, for instance, where there are hundreds of pages.  This new one is being talked about, but it hasn't got 200 drivers and it hasn't got a distinct sound sig.  It's a reference (well, sort of) iem, which does not seem to be considered "sexy.".  

I have a UERM and love it.  The new one seems to be just as good.  (I had a Triple-Fi as well.  The Pro series is in a whole different league.)  Just because it is not being talked about here doesn't mean it's not (very very) good.     

Jun 19, 2016 at 8:46 PM Post #255 of 811
Before I bought mine I did due diligence and read up on the UERM.  Pretty slim pickings.  As opposed to when I was looking at the JH Angie, so much to go through.   

For whatever reason, not a lot of love here for UE Pro.  But for those of us who have them, lots of love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back