Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #1,862 of 4,383
Zero muddiness with my pair

Apr 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #1,863 of 4,383
For those who are affected by the lost of sound/connector issues, how did you manager to fix it? Repair or swap of cable? I am thinking about getting a pair of Fiio RC-SE1 cable just to see if they are cable related but if swapping cable could not fix the issue I'd be glad to save the money. Thanks.

Apr 10, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #1,864 of 4,383
Quote:
I contacted Logitech. They are going to review my earphones. However would you please tell me that Ue900 has a muddy sound a little bit?

There is a real problem with vocals..

Try the following steps and see if it elleviates the problems you're having:   

1) Furhter burn in or wait till the pinhole has been fully blocked.

2) It may be that you are using smaller ear tips. When I tried the Sony hybrid tips it caused a veil because of an increase in bass quantity due to deeper insertion. Positioning is also an important factor. 

3) Source - out of my IPOD Touch 4th Gen the vocals seem to be more veiled but from the Walkman Z the clarity has definitely improved.

4) The dip in the upper mid region may be causing the muddyness in vocals. 

Hope this helps.

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #1,869 of 4,383
For those who are affected by the lost of sound/connector issues, how did you manager to fix it? Repair or swap of cable? I am thinking about getting a pair of Fiio RC-SE1 cable just to see if they are cable related but if swapping cable could not fix the issue I'd be glad to save the money. Thanks.

Can anyone advise my question above? Thanks.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #1,871 of 4,383
Quote:

That's definitely not how my parents raised me. Ears need to be cleaned daily. I use my wet finger under the shower and afterwards use the cotton stick for the deeper part.
For me, this is as important as brushing my teeth. I never forget to do it.

Urgh, I will not consider purchasing 2nd hand IEMs for a while, thanks.

Sticking a cotton swab into your ear isn't hygienic, it's dangerous.  There are ways to clean wax out of your ears that aren't likely to push and impact wax deep inside the ear canal, nor do they carry any risk of damaging the ear drum.  Just because Q-tips look like they're the perfect size and shape for your ear doesn't mean that's what they're actually for.  Irrigating with a little peroxide and warm water is both more effective (since it won't push any wax further in) and safer (since it won't damage the ear drum).

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #1,875 of 4,383
Quote:
I hear people complaining about these being muddy and stuff.. Are these worth the money.? I'm thinking about selling my 535 s to fund q pair but I don't want these if they are muddy sounding..

Not muddy but more veiled sounding than SE535 for sure.  If you tend to listen on the loud sound the UE900 will distort a bit as well which I find bothersome, and this is amped or unamped.  This just doesn't happen with SE535.

Some will disagree but as a whole package I cannot consider UE900 an upgrade over SE535.  Without hesitation I would take SE535 for rock, vocals and jazz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back