Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 28, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #1,771 of 4,383
Quote:
Such questions are beyond my knowledge. I was going to buy a pair today for 299 but decided to restrain myself. I was hoping some one else who happens to own both the UE900 and AK100 could comment on the synergy. 

Why not?  $300 for the UE900 is a very good deal.  I paid full MSRP when it first came out and loved it, and I am pretty sure you will like it too.

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #1,773 of 4,383
Quote:

How can you be sure?

I don't think anyone of us can be 100% sure of course, but since he likes bass and looking into to the W4R (or did I got the person mixed up), it make sense to try the UE900.  And for all the talk of what he or she will like and what not, why don't people just buy the UE900 from Apple Stores or whoever, then try it and return it if they don't like it?  Why all these guessing game when it is so easy to try and return (assuming you are in the US of course)?

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #1,774 of 4,383
Quote:
I don't think anyone of us can be 100% sure of course, but since he likes bass and looking into to the W4R (or did I got the person mixed up), it make sense to try the UE900.  And for all the talk of what he or she will like and what not, why don't people just buy the UE900 from Apple Stores or whoever, then try it and return it if they don't like it?  Why all these guessing game when it is so easy to try and return (assuming you are in the US of course)?

If he likes bass, the UE 900 may not be the best match for him.  If he was looking for bass, I personally would recommend the W4R over the UE 900.  

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #1,775 of 4,383
I think you guys mixed me up with someone else. The reason why I am asking about UE900 because I have got a good offer and I was hoping to use this with AK100 as an easy laid back IEM. Not looking for something super bassy or something which is picking up every detail, I want something laid back for easy listening sessions however it must be paired with AK100 stock. 

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #1,776 of 4,383
Quote:

If he likes bass, the UE 900 may not be the best match for him.  If he was looking for bass, I personally would recommend the W4R over the UE 900.  

Why?  My W4R has a weaker bass compare to the UE900 in my option.

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #1,777 of 4,383
Quote:
I think you guys mixed me up with someone else. The reason why I am asking about UE900 because I have got a good offer and I was hoping to use this with AK100 as an easy laid back IEM. Not looking for something super bassy or something which is picking up every detail, I want something laid back for easy listening sessions however it must be paired with AK100 stock. 

Then the UE may not be right for you.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #1,780 of 4,383
Mar 29, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #1,781 of 4,383
Quote:

May I recommend an earphone that I haven't heard myself yet? Earsonics SM64. Apparently relaxed but balanced, fairly neutral and it should work flawlessly with the AK100 due to it's high impedance.

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #1,782 of 4,383
Quote:
I guess it is really a matter of opinion in this case.

I remember my W4 as having a big body with great texture. However, punch would only kick in at higher/moderate listening levels. At low levels the punch of the UE900 is more obvious and thus I also perceive the UE900 as having more bass, although I know it's not true.

Mar 29, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #1,784 of 4,383
I was planning to purchase that but upon close inspect of the casing I am a bit worried about the strength of its housing. I love to purchase the SM64 in 6 months time, hopefully by than it is well tested and established in the community and all its flaws and pros are known by than. 

Thanks for the suggestion :)
Quote:

May I recommend an earphone that I haven't heard myself yet? Earsonics SM64. Apparently relaxed but balanced, fairly neutral and it should work flawlessly with the AK100 due to it's high impedance.

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #1,785 of 4,383
I was planning to purchase that but upon close inspect of the casing I am a bit worried about the strength of its housing. I love to purchase the SM64 in 6 months time, hopefully by than it is well tested and established in the community and all its flaws and pros are known by than. 

Thanks for the suggestion :)

I recommend the MDR-7550 if you want relaxed. It is one of the most effortless IEM's I have owned. That or the UE900 which while more detailed and having the ability to reflect aggressiveness is also smooth enough to be effortless.

There is a used pair of MDR-7550 in the FS section right now BTW. I came very close to buying them but have decided to save and take a chance on the MDR EX1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back