Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #1,666 of 4,383
I will subject myself to 1 or 2 minutes of high volume listening and report my results as well.

Mar 7, 2013 at 1:05 PM Post #1,668 of 4,383
Don't get me wrong:

- i want these to be my next iems
- i don't buy everything a professional reviewers say

But i just to want to be sure that aside from build construction issues when these babies are operative they perform as proper flagship with no obvious flaws as audible distortion.

As for build construction issues i trust Logitech customer service.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Mar 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #1,669 of 4,383
Sounds like your doing excellent due diligence to me :). I will let you know my results as soon as I can...

Mar 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #1,670 of 4,383
Ok just tried 6 different songs all with heavy and varied sounds varying from heavy sub bass to the sharpest highs and multiple vocals all at 25/30 on my win phone with ZERO distortion or any other noise issues, not even sibilance.

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #1,673 of 4,383
The non MIC cable is a bit brighter and a bit more open sounding in my opinion.

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:49 AM Post #1,676 of 4,383
I prefer the black cables sound as well, but I use the other cable to help control my phone.

I hope the android cable I have on order from Shure will sound a bit more like the black cable but will live with it if it sounds lime the blue cable simply for the ability to control my phone and the microphone.

Mar 8, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,677 of 4,383
Quote:
Thanks for the quick replies! I just switched to the black cable and I prefer this sound! Initially I thought they should sound the same....guess I was wrong.

I also thought to hear a difference, but I have 4 cables now. 2x blue, 2x black. (One blue has a defect with the mic, that's why.)
Initially, I thought the black one sounds clearer while the blue one has more weight to it. I thought it sounded bassier and a little warmer.

However, I have switched cables like crazy, back and forth, trying to prove myself an audible difference. What happened was, that I always forgot which cable I was using right now. So I thought "yes, this one definitely sounds much nicer, better controlled. Must be black." But it wasn't. So I switched back again and could not make out a difference at all.

So effectively I have done a blind test (with open eyes but not keeping track) and after several days of switching regularly, I am 100% convinced that there is absolutely no difference in sound whatsoever. It is just your mind playing tricks because the cables feel differently. The blue one is thicker because of an additional wire for mic/controls.

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #1,678 of 4,383
I totally agree ..I was going to buy upgraded cables for my 535s ..I have the original cable and the iPhone/iPod cable with the controls and there is absolutely no difference in sound between the two..so going to save my money..just in your head cause maybe it looks better or feels better..just my opinion of course .

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #1,679 of 4,383
I generally only buy cables based on a specific requirement, in my case the need for an android button and MIC to allow me to answer calls and then I try to manufacturer made version like Shure in this instance to help keep costs down ($60 vs $100+ for a custom cable).

Mar 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #1,680 of 4,383
Ok just tried 6 different songs all with heavy and varied sounds varying from heavy sub bass to the sharpest highs and multiple vocals all at 25/30 on my win phone with ZERO distortion or any other noise issues, not even sibilance.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to assess the issue.

My wallet might not be that grateful though :wink:

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother

Users who are viewing this thread

Back