Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #768 of 4,383
Quote:

It does make you wonder.  Perhaps they are mixing them up with the super.fi's. 

I'll be traveling this week, so I hope to give my pair a good, thorough test run.

They might have.  Do report back and let us know what you think of them.  The more the merrier.  

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #769 of 4,383
Quote:
Has anybody gotten a production set of these yet?

In case you didn't notice, they're out to the general public (but if you go to the OP you can find a few people who did comparisons/reviews)

Yeah, I was asking if anybody had received a production pair. Not if they were out yet. Logitech is being a bit dodgy when I ask about shipping times.

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #770 of 4,383
Ordered late Sunday evening in UK, currently shipping from EU distribution hub in Netherlands (in Belgium as I type!) due to reach me on Wednesday. And not a moment too soon, my UE 700 are on their last legs (cable failure). Can't wait to plug them in! :)

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #771 of 4,383
I recieved my pair in the mail last Friday, and I was really impressed with all the extras that come with it.
The hard shell case is gorgeous and feels extremely sturdy. The sound quality is fantastic as this was my first multi armature iem. I can't really get into great detail about the sound quality of this iem because I am relatively new to high end earphones. I still don't understand why I wasn't charged for these UE 900s I pre ordered. The website said that Logitech will not charge until the item is shipped so when I received an email stating that the iems have been shipped I expected a withdraw of about $450.02 from my bank account. There was no withdraw at all. Three days later they arrived in the mail. So I guess I got a free pair.

I don't know if there was a glitch in the ordering process or if my account rejected the withdrawal but I didn't understand. I wonder if this could be exploited, maybe its still possible who knows.

Oct 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #772 of 4,383
I just ordered a pair of ie80s with the extra money leftover that was for the UE 900s.

This is exactly what happened:
-preordered UE 900 on Logitech website.
-about a week later Logitech took out $450.02 from the $451.86 I already had in it as a way to make sure I had enough funds available.
-I tried to buy lunch but the card was declined because I only had $1 in my account.
-the next day all the money was returned so I immediately filled up on about $60 worth of gas for my car so after that I knew I didn't have sufficient funds for the order.
-I was expecting the order to be cancelled by Logitech but for some reason they ship anyway.
-A few days later I get an email that says the ue900s have shipped and three days later they arrive in the mail.

I still haven't received any word from Logitech regarding my order. And I tend to keep it that way lol.

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #773 of 4,383
That's stealing and you should pay for them. This is not a way to ingratiate yourself with users of this website - honesty and fair dealings amongst enthusiasts are a big part of this website's success.

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #774 of 4,383
Quote:
I just ordered a pair of ie80s with the extra money leftover that was for the UE 900s.
-about a week later Logitech took out $450.02 from the $451.86 I already had in it as a way to make sure I had enough funds available.
-I tried to buy lunch but the card was declined because I only had $1 in my account.
-the next day all the money was returned so I immediately filled up on about $60 worth of gas for my car so after that I knew I didn't have sufficient funds for the order.
-I was expecting the order to be cancelled by Logitech but for some reason they ship anyway.
-A few days later I get an email that says the ue900s have shipped and three days later they arrive in the mail.
I still haven't received any word from Logitech regarding my order. And I tend to keep it that way lol.

Why on earth would you memorialize this sequence of events on a public website?

Oct 9, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #775 of 4,383
Quote:

Wow, don't try and buy anything from a Head-Fi member, who could possibly trust you? 

All I can say is Karma is a bitch..

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #778 of 4,383
Quote:
Anyone kind enough to quote or provide a link to the review(s) of the UE900 for lazy me?

IDK how many are out.  The OP has a bunch of comparisons and reviews.  I know my review is out and available here: http://www.ifans.com/blog/59221/ 

Others:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/04/logitech-ultimate-ears-ue-900-earbuds-review-mind-blowing-sound-less-than-brilliant-ergonomics/

http://www.gadgetreview.com/2012/09/logitech-ue-900-noise-isolating-earphones-review.html

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410118,00.asp

There may be others on Google.

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #779 of 4,383
http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10/04/logitech-ultimate-ears-ue-900-earbuds-review-mind-blowing-sound-less-than-brilliant-ergonomics/

Android Police has a great review of these. Tinyman, please fix your link, as it is broken. :p The above link is the correct one. :) 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back