Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #497 of 4,383
Quote:
Wow, very odd they said it will work. Then again it said it may have a issue with it being a preorder.

OK, thanks for this information.  Can I confirm that when you say they, you mean Logitech CS or some other rep of Logitech/UE?  If this is true, everyone who has a code should wait and try using it again after pre-orders end :)  It'll also give you time to get initial reviews from more than 2 people :p to get a better feeling if you're making the right decision.  Patience is a virtue, and it'll work out for the best here.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #498 of 4,383
Quote:

I was one that had to do it. I did get it fixed, but UE wants to still look at it so they can, I assume (I know, I know), fix it for future productions of the 900s. UE is aware of this problem. These unforeseen problems are normally seen more from headphones that come first off the line. The second wave shouldn't have these. I could be wrong though.Furthermore, I'd like to address some misconceptions that may be out there. My 900s do work, I have been using them all day actually as something to listen to to and from school. The problem is gone, which means it's not there, nor can I force the problem to persist (I had to force the 900s to cut out when I first got them). I think it may have been some left over fluids from manufacturing that got into the right contact (light layer of grease) that cut out connection temporarily when moved. I can force a similar effect when I twist the headphone jack of my iPod back and forth. So they are not broken, and do function perfectly at this point in time. UE does want to look at the 900s though.

Still this is disturbing. They should be doing these rigorous tests (using even headfiers) to demo their products to give feedback before releasing these products on the market. Its unfair and selfish of them to do such things (I realize this is the MO of many of these companies and I'd hope they'd learn to do otherwise). Plan ahead and do the testing using reviewers. Then address the issues from feedback before releasing the product. Just my 2 cents. Never good to use a paying customer as a beta-tester. It always leaves a bad aftertaste. Plus why didn't they read up on these issues with Shure cables? Their TF10s cables sucked big time so why not learn from this? Plus since UE is a Custom IEM company that is known for making their own custom cables they really have no excuse for this. Lets be serious here.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #499 of 4,383
Quote:
Still this is disturbing. They should be doing this rigorous tests using even headfiers to demo the products to give feedback before releasing these products on the market. Its unfair and selfish of them to do such things. Plan ahead and do the testing using reviewers. Then address the issues from feedback before releasing the product. Just my 2 cents. Never good to use a paying customer as a beta-tester. It always leaves a bad aftertaste. Plus why didn't they read up on these issues with Shure cables? Their TF10s cables sucked big time so why not learn from this? Plus since UE is a Custom IEM company they really have no excuse for this. Lets be serious here.

I'm a reviewer...  LOL.  The product I received was pre-production.  I want to state that clearly.  I'm not a consumer, the product I received (originally) is pre-production.  I want to make that clear, pre-production.  OK, that's enough of that word, you should get the point by now (if not, re-read the previous 3 sentences).  They are addressing the issue, and are well aware of it.  IDK how everyone else got their product, but mine was not a production model.  So that said, they are demoing products through reviewers, and fixing the problems they find.  This is why Apple Store says it'll ship, not now, but later.  This is why UE is still in pre-orders for it.  

All that said, my current model does not have this problem, it seems to have been remedied.  I've stated this dozens of times, just because a pre-production unit has problems doesn't mean the final will.  This is a classic case of this statement.  My EtyKids 3 had problems (never got replaced) with the headphone jack bending (literally, it bent to about a 15-degree angle).  I'm 99.99999999... percent sure the EtyKids 3 production models don't have this problem.  I've dealt with various pre-production models, about 2/3s of them turn out fine.  The other 1/3 ends up having some slight problem behind it.  

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #500 of 4,383
Ok that sounds much better. Although I had read comments of people having issues with their purchased units which I found disturbing. As long as they had demoed the products beforehand then I'm fine with it. :)

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #501 of 4,383
I asked
"@LogitechUE will the centerstage promo codes work for the preorder of the ue900s?"

UE replied

@IJChan223 It should work since the UE900's are universal, though there may be complications because it is a pre-order

so hopefully by the time i get up to the 50% off they will be off preorder.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #502 of 4,383
Quote:
Ok that sounds much better. Although I had read comments of people having issues with their purchased units which I found disturbing. As long as they had demoed the products beforehand then I'm fine with it. :)

LOL, yeah, I'm basically their guinea pig :p  I'm fine with it though (for obvious reasons :wink:)

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #504 of 4,383
Quote:
So how do I go about being a guinea pig? :wink:.

LOL, carefully.  Very carefully (and with hopes that they'll choose you as a lucky pig :wink:).  I don't feel comfortable disclosing any more information regarding the answer :p

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:50 AM Post #505 of 4,383
:D lol

UE if you are reading this make me your GUINEA PIG! :wink:.

In all honesty though it would be nice to see how these fair against the TF10s. I found the TF10s to be mediocre at best.

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:00 AM Post #506 of 4,383
Quote:
:D lol

UE if you are reading this make me your GUINEA PIG! :wink:.

Find out who the CEO is and start dating his daughter. The other option, sleep with the CEO's wife and steal pre production gear when she isn't looking

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:01 AM Post #507 of 4,383
Quote:
So how do I go about being a guinea pig? :wink:.

Find out who the CEO is and start dating his daughter. The other option, sleep with the CEO's wife and steal pre production gear when she isn't looking

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #508 of 4,383
Quote:

That would make me more of a pig than a guinea pig now wouldn't it :p... lol

Are any of you having issues with Motzilla firefox constantly crashing. This is getting quite old. Who knew I'd be going back to IE....
rolleyes.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #510 of 4,383
 I think it'd make more sense to beta test it first (with head-fiers of course) and find all the issues before you do a press release and start taking orders. It prevents these conversations completely and makes them look like they're a company that's got their act together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back