Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 25, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #3,826 of 4,383
What you're looking at in that photo is a UE Pro (custom demo) comparison system. It's really cool. You put the demo pair on, and, without swapping earpieces, you can instantly A/B compare any two UE Pro pieces with the tablet interface. Again, it's very cool.

Is this becaise they all use the same drivers and just have differences in tuning or does the software emulate the hardware differences in the iems?

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:07 PM Post #3,829 of 4,383

We have different types of balanced armatures in different models of our product, most of these receivers are built to our spec.  We designed the Live Demo system to enable listeners quickly experience the differences in sound signature between the various products we offer.  As there are many limitations in terms of what we can do via DSP and algorithms, the system cannot simulate, for example, going to insanely loud levels without distortion.  Because A/B comparison can now be done in the split of a second, it does make comparison easier.

Jan 30, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #3,830 of 4,383
Yes, and use pin connectors this time, so there aren't horrible quality control issues….I tried three different pairs, all sent back! So frustrating

Hmm but I don't think the QC issues relate to the mmcx connectors. Shure and Westone are using them but not as much of an issue compared to UE900. Probably boils down to own design and built.

Jan 30, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #3,831 of 4,383
We have different types of balanced armatures in different models of our product, most of these receivers are built to our spec.  We designed the Live Demo system to enable listeners quickly experience the differences in sound signature between the various products we offer.  As there are many limitations in terms of what we can do via DSP and algorithms, the system cannot simulate, for example, going to insanely loud levels without distortion.  Because A/B comparison can now be done in the split of a second, it does make comparison easier.

Thanks for the clarification.
Looks like a great bit of kit!

Feb 3, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #3,832 of 4,383
Not sure if this is the correct thread for this but it does relate to UE 900s

I ordered a pair of UE 900s from the pro.ultimateears.com site and did not receive any confirmation so I thought there was a problem with submission. I waited about a day and still no confirmation so I went to I check the order and had to recreate my account which really made me think it didn't go through.

Well I was charged for two pair and received two pairs and need to return the second order.  I called the number listed on the pro site and was told to contact Logitech and was given a phone number.  I called that number and they can’t find the information because the order numbers are not the ones they use and I need to contact the pro.ue.com site.

My emails go unanswered or I get an auto email asking how to help and then get no follow up. 

I need to know how to return the unopened extra ue 900s I was charged for and at this point I am getting so frustrated that I want to return both pair. 

Thanks in advance for any help

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #3,836 of 4,383
Hi There Ian, 
So sorry to hear you have not been assisted when trying to contact us, please let me help you right now.

Please send me your email and I will try and find this order in our system and refund you the money and as good gesture we'd like you to keep the extra ue 900.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Feb 4, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #3,837 of 4,383
  Hi There Ian, 
So sorry to hear you have not been assisted when trying to contact us, please let me help you right now.

Please send me your email and I will try and find this order in our system and refund you the money and as good gesture we'd like you to keep the extra ue 900.

See, happy ending indeed.

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #3,838 of 4,383
Hi There Ian, 

Wow that's a hell of a result! It makes being a member of these forums more than worthwhile!

Feb 4, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #3,839 of 4,383
Interesting that someone from UE customer service with one post would have an ALO amp for their avatar...

Feb 4, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #3,840 of 4,383
  Interesting that someone from UE customer service with one post would have an ALO amp for their avatar...

I think there are a few default pictures. The ALO Amp is one of them. There's also a red IEM one. Just my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back