Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 22, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #3,169 of 4,383
From what I was able to catch from the vids the 900 in the vid has the gold connectors (mine don't) while the new 900s seem to have a regular connector just like mine. I am confused. 

So the UE900 cable sports gold plated mmcx connector while the UE900s cable doesn't (i.e. silver)? That's what I saw in the video though he didn't touch on that.

May 22, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #3,171 of 4,383
At this point I wouldn't even care. Its there business not mine. And there digging their own grave. These problems are documented at the end of the day and people will see this. So they can play games all they want there only hurting themselves. I will not buy another universal iem from them. I would however give there customs line a chance if I ever do decided to get a pair but even then Il be cautious
Looks like they made some improvements to address previous concerns. And during production transition pieces were made that customer service knows nothing about. Nothing wrong with Logitech making the UE900 even better. I say rock what you got, but if your completely anal, return them under warranty for a new pair.

May 22, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #3,173 of 4,383
  From what I was able to catch from the vids the 900 in the vid has the gold connectors (mine don't) while the new 900s seem to have a regular connector just like mine. I am confused. 

Yet the UE 900s product page lists gold connectors for the 900s as part of the tech specs.

May 22, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #3,174 of 4,383
For those who bought the 900s and received a package of 900s but the actual headphones look identical to the 900, I would suggest to try and reach out to Mike Dias, a head-fier and UE personnel in order to get to the bottom of it. 

Post #20 by Mike Dias in regards to the UE 900 being discontinued:

The 900's are going strong and there are no plans to not sell them. Actually, I have even better news. We now sell the 900's from our main custom lab in irvine so everyone in the community can call us directly and well ship them out to you. Same phenomenal customer service that we're known on the boards for. Same personalized attention. Same as buying a custom. Only faster. Call your regular sales rep or get in touch with me personally and I'll route your request appropriately.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/704386/embracing-the-community-mike-dias-is-now-sales-director-for-ultimate-ears/15 

May 22, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #3,175 of 4,383
Excuse me for coming in new to this as just another prospective customer, but with model changes made, why couldn't UE just show 910, or 900s label on their body to avoid slightest confusion? Too simple?

May 22, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #3,176 of 4,383
Just for the reference, back in October of last year I did review UE900 and took a lot of detailed pictures.  If you are interested, check it out here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2485233 - in original post #1 and more pictures in post #7.  I think this will be helpful for those who received their UE900s and not sure if it looks the same as UE900s.

Btw, despite all this talk, I'm still interested to check out UE900s since a weak bass of 900 was my biggest concern.  Unfortunately, my UE900 is on extended loan now, so if/when I get UE900s - it will be a comparison by memory.  Also, I want to note, using FiiO RC-SE1 replacement cable (silver plated, about $30) is the best single mod you can do to enhance the sound of UE900/s.  Definitely worth every penny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back