Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 22, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #3,136 of 4,383
so they told me 

"
Regarding your concern, The Logitech UE 900 and UE 900s are similarly identical.I believe you purchase the brandnew UE 900s.Because the connection type of the UE 900s 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) gold plated. However the connection of the Ue 900 are Analog 3.5mm stereo (angled)
"

neither of my cables is 1/8inch terminated? weird...

May 22, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #3,137 of 4,383
  so they told me 

"
Regarding your concern, The Logitech UE 900 and UE 900s are similarly identical.I believe you purchase the brandnew UE 900s.Because the connection type of the UE 900s 3.5 mm (1/8 inch) gold plated. However the connection of the Ue 900 are Analog 3.5mm stereo (angled)
"

either of my cables is 1/8inch terminated? weird...

What are they talking about? They are damn clueless. So now they are saying the 900 and the 900s are identical? We need to find someone who actually purchased and received the 900s to come forward. Before this saga began I was planning to purchase the 900s, but as it stands now, no way Jose. I am keeping the 900 until we know better what's going on.

May 22, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #3,138 of 4,383
I only have UE900 but I kind of want to contact Logitech just to see what the deal is.

I'm ok with them mixing and matching parts and accessories because the two models aren't drastically different, but it's sketchy that they're claiming there's no difference and acting so oblivious.

May 22, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #3,139 of 4,383
At this point I wouldn't even care. Its there business not mine. And there digging their own grave. These problems are documented at the end of the day and people will see this. So they can play games all they want there only hurting themselves. I will not buy another universal iem from them. I would however give there customs line a chance if I ever do decided to get a pair but even then Il be cautious

May 22, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #3,140 of 4,383

So my supposed UE 900s for the most part look like the pic on the left which I believe is the original UE 900, but the ear tip has the off center hole placement like the picture on the right, but has the recessed inner ring on the ear tip like the pic on the left. At this point I have no idea what's going on here.

Sorry I'm just now replying to this old post, but your ear tip is a UE 900 ear tip. The original UE 900's hole is also off-center. So you have a UE 900 with gold-plated connector, I think.

May 22, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #3,141 of 4,383
May 22, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #3,142 of 4,383
Mine are also the original shells (black connectors, cloudy plastic), everything in the sealed box was from the UE900s though (including cables - thus, gold connectors)

Subscribing to this thread to see what the outcome here is.

I just tweeted them, and i might send them back to amazon and just buy something else. Pretty unreal that I paid $150 more for the same thing.

May 22, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #3,143 of 4,383
  Mine are also the original shells (black connectors, cloudy plastic), everything in the sealed box was from the UE900s though (including cables - thus, gold connectors)

I just tweeted them, and i might send them back to amazon and just buy something else. Pretty unreal that I paid $150 more for the same thing.

I haven't seen any official comment from UE that UE900s is different from UE900.

So far, I can only observe minor cosmetic differences.

I don't think the SQ will be any different since even UE claimed that they are the same.

May 22, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #3,145 of 4,383
  so they told me 

"
"

neither of my cables is 1/8inch terminated? weird...

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a terminated cable? I'm just curious to see if my UE 900s were packed with them. My cables are certainly gold plated though.

What are they talking about? They are damn clueless. So now they are saying the 900 and the 900s are identical? We need to find someone who actually purchased and received the 900s to come forward. Before this saga began I was planning to purchase the 900s, but as it stands now, no way Jose. I am keeping the 900 until we know better what's going on.

Trust me, I've been dealing with their customer service of about a week now and they are a mess. Their response to everything is that they are working on it and to send them more pictures for my headphones for them to look at.

Quote:
  I only have UE900 but I kind of want to contact Logitech just to see what the deal is.

I'm ok with them mixing and matching parts and accessories because the two models aren't drastically different, but it's sketchy that they're claiming there's no difference and acting so oblivious.

It might help the cause if we have more people contacting them on the issue, but be prepared to get quite frustrated with their customer support.

Quote:
At this point I wouldn't even care. Its there business not mine. And there digging their own grave. These problems are documented at the end of the day and people will see this. So they can play games all they want there only hurting themselves. I will not buy another universal iem from them. I would however give there customs line a chance if I ever do decided to get a pair but even then Il be cautious

I am in the same boat, if I don't get some satisfactory answers from them soon, they won't be seeing a single dollar of my business in the future. It's just not worth the headache where there are so many other choices out there.

Quote:
  Sorry I'm just now replying to this old post, but your ear tip is a UE 900 ear tip. The original UE 900's hole is also off-center. So you have a UE 900 with gold-plated connector, I think.

I figured that what I have is the UE 900 that has been repackaged as the 900s, but we'll see what if anything Logitech has to say.

i receive this pair of "ue900s" after my ue900 stopped working.
here is the doc : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_IsRY0B-7jdNkRWNENWQ2tTY0k/edit?usp=sharing

I am going to attach your doc to my ongoing customer support session that I have with Logitech, I assume they are just going to ignore it like they have basically everything else that I have sent the, but it can't hurt.

I tried going the Twitter route at first, and all they did was tweet me back a link to customer support so I'd just suggest you contact them that way. It is probably good that they get sent tweets about it though so other people might be able to see that there is an issue.

May 22, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #3,146 of 4,383
They may look nearly identical, but the UE900 and UE900s sound very different to me

Quote:

I haven't seen any official comment from UE that UE900s is different from UE900.

So far, I can only observe minor cosmetic differences.

I don't think the SQ will be any different since even UE claimed that they are the same.

May 22, 2014 at 11:01 AM Post #3,147 of 4,383

I assume that you have tried both? Do you have the UE 900s that look just like the UE 900 or do you have a pair of UE 900s that have the all blue body?

May 22, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #3,148 of 4,383
Did you check the comparision tab ?

I don't think the sound could be drastically different but the new bass tube could enhence the bass and the sound signature could be better (at least different) because of the new driver arrengement.

Furthermore with the new unibody design the ue900s should be more solid.

Otherwise why would they do this update ?

May 22, 2014 at 11:07 AM Post #3,150 of 4,383
Did you check the comparision tab ?

I don't think the sound could be drastically different but the new bass tube could enhence the bass and the sound signature could be better (at least different) because of the new driver arrengement.

Furthermore with the new unibody design the ue900s should be more solid.

Otherwise why would they do this update ?

But then why would they do an 'update' without announcing it and even claimed that there has been no update?

UE900 MSRP has always been US$399 so there hasn't been any price change as well (other than for the fact that streets prices differ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back