Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 17, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #3,076 of 4,385

this is how mine are as well. shrug. 

Clearly they aren't just packaging the stock UE 900 in the a UE 900s box though since the normal UE 900 don't have gold plated connectors, right? The outside pic on the box shows the body being all blue, the pictures in the owners manual in the box show them with the black connectors. What IEM exactly did we end up with? Lol

May 17, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #3,077 of 4,385

Clearly they aren't just packaging the stock UE 900 in the a UE 900s box though since the normal UE 900 don't have gold plated connectors, right? The outside pic on the box shows the body being all blue, the pictures in the owners manual in the box show them with the black connectors. What IEM exactly did we end up with? Lol

lol, i didn't even notice the pictures having the blue connectors. but yeah, What. my manual says 900s...rofl, i have no idea. they do sound fine though, so as long as a channel doesn't cut out, it works for me. 

May 17, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #3,078 of 4,385

lol, i didn't even notice the pictures having the blue connectors. but yeah, What. my manual says 900s...rofl, i have no idea. they do sound fine though, so as long as a channel doesn't cut out, it works for me. 

I'm not sure I've ever seen more inconsistent packaging. Gold connectors and all the accessories and packaged inside the box like the 900s. Yeah the sound is really nice, as long as the channel issue doesn't pop up I'll be happy. Who knows what I'd even end up with if I was trying to get a warranty replacement.

I made the mistake of calling Logitech to see what was going on, and they clearly didn't understand what I was trying to ask so that went no where.

Edit: Forgot to mention that one thing that Logitech support said was that the UE 900s parts won't fit the UE 900, so if that's the case we should have the 900s. I'm not sure I believe that though and I don't have original UE 900's to compare.

May 17, 2014 at 8:15 PM Post #3,079 of 4,385
Some of the old ue900 have gold connector. The last one I had had gold connector and they still cut in and out. But I think its due to the memory wire, I notice when they turn a certain way then they cut in and out. So I remove the thing that gave it its flexibility and it still cut in and out but when I use the chin strap to make them more stable it stop

May 17, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #3,080 of 4,385
Some of the old ue900 have gold connector. The last one I had had gold connector and they still cut in and out. But I think its due to the memory wire, I notice when they turn a certain way then they cut in and out. So I remove the thing that gave it its flexibility and it still cut in and out but when I use the chin strap to make them more stable it stop

If that's case then I have no idea what Logitech packaged in my UE 900s box. They have the gold connector, the cables have the red rubber ring and a gold connector, and all of the accessories of the UE 900s. The IEM's themselves have the black plastic on the connector instead of being the same blue plastic as the rest of the body. I've seen some pictures online of people opening UE 900s boxes and there have been all blue IEMs in some and the style like the UE 900 in others. I don't know why Logitech has to make this so confusing. 

May 17, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #3,081 of 4,385
Maybe something went wrong with the ue900s that Logitech of America received. If your 900s looks anything like the photo that other guy posted its probably the old model. There a pic of the new and old model and there some other difference beside the blue part of the connectors. There also a diagram showing the difference

May 17, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #3,082 of 4,385
Maybe something went wrong with the ue900s that Logitech of America received. If your 900s looks anything like the photo that other guy posted its probably the old model. There a pic of the new and old model and there some other difference beside the blue part of the connectors. There also a diagram showing the difference

Yeah it basically looks the same as that pic a page or two back. It's just so strange that they are clearly sold as the UE 900s. Everything about them is the same as the 900s (packaging, updated ear tips, the new plastic case, the cable with the rubber red ring to mark it as the right side, and the included maintenance gel) even the instruction manual and warranty info are for the UE 900s. Anyways I emailed customer support and sent them a tweet, hopefully they can help get to the bottom of what is going on for me and the other people with questions.

May 18, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #3,083 of 4,385
Yeah it basically looks the same as that pic a page or two back. It's just so strange that they are clearly sold as the UE 900s. Everything about them is the same as the 900s (packaging, updated ear tips, the new plastic case, the cable with the rubber red ring to mark it as the right side, and the included maintenance gel) even the instruction manual and warranty info are for the UE 900s. Anyways I emailed customer support and sent them a tweet, hopefully they can help get to the bottom of what is going on for me and the other people with questions.
That's strange idk what's going on with Logitech and why they always something when it comes to these iem. If all the accessory correct the cutting out problem then it shouldn't matter if you got the ue 900s or a ue900 in a ue900s package but Logitech decided to go the extra mile with the 900s and change the base tube, which I'm gussing fixes the complant of the base drop being to drastic when the old model pin hole got clog, they welded the logo to the iem instead of useing glue to adress the issue of the old model falling a part and they also rearrange the driver which I think someone mention it change the frequency. Sense they did do all of that you should get what you paid for. To do what there doing now is bad bussniss. I can understand having issue and what not with an iem for a few month but over a year. That's unacceptable

May 18, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #3,084 of 4,385
I am really not impressed with all the issues that head-fiers have been experiencing with the 900 and 900s me included. QC issues, reducing the warranty from 2 yrs to 1 and now this. It's unacceptable indeed.  I think Mike Dias needs to shed some light and get this right for members who already invested in the 900s and are dealing with the 900/900s packaging issue and the Frankenstein model.

May 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #3,085 of 4,385
Yeah man I don't know how you guys put up with this; I'd be calling UE and complaining like mad, this is some super shady stuff. You paid $400 for EARPHONES, you should get a premium quality product and nothing less! If a bunch of people do it at once, they won't be able to ignore you.

And tell them to remake the TF10 while you're at it :frowning2:

May 18, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #3,086 of 4,385
I am really not impressed with all the issues that head-fiers have been experiencing with the 900 and 900s me included. QC issues, reducing the warranty from 2 yrs to 1 and now this. It's unacceptable indeed.  I think Mike Dias needs to shed some light and get this right for members who already invested in the 900s and are dealing with the 900/900s packaging issue and the Frankenstein model.

For me the main issue is when the sound cuts time to time at randomly.
I thought it was the cable but it was the connector on both iem.

The cable has another issue, ue should really copy shure cables imo.

Lastly offer us some different shell color than blue?

May 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #3,087 of 4,385
For me the main issue is when the sound cuts time to time at randomly.
I thought it was the cable but it was the connector on both iem.

The cable has another issue, ue should really copy shure cables imo.

Lastly offer us some different shell color than blue?

I have issues with cut offs since day one. It's very random and even though I tried cleaning the connectors it still happens from time to time. I can have a few days with no issues and then a few days of random sound cuts. I am also suspecting the left channel is 5-7% louder for some reason...  The sound is good and non-fatigue but I am not loving them and don't have any wow effect if you know what I mean. I was thinking of getting the 900s at first but after the recent saga, no thanks I will pass and will be looking into Shure instead.  

May 18, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #3,088 of 4,385
That's strange idk what's going on with Logitech and why they always something when it comes to these iem. If all the accessory correct the cutting out problem then it shouldn't matter if you got the ue 900s or a ue900 in a ue900s package but Logitech decided to go the extra mile with the 900s and change the base tube, which I'm gussing fixes the complant of the base drop being to drastic when the old model pin hole got clog, they welded the logo to the iem instead of useing glue to adress the issue of the old model falling a part and they also rearrange the driver which I think someone mention it change the frequency. Sense they did do all of that you should get what you paid for. To do what there doing now is bad bussniss. I can understand having issue and what not with an iem for a few month but over a year. That's unacceptable

I never had the original UE 900, but I jumped on the UE 900s because I thought they made changes to rectify their issues with the UE 900. Alas, I end up with what I think is the old model UE 900 in a UE 900s box and I'm obviously not the only one. 

Yeah man I don't know how you guys put up with this; I'd be calling UE and complaining like mad, this is some super shady stuff. You paid $400 for EARPHONES, you should get a premium quality product and nothing less! If a bunch of people do it at once, they won't be able to ignore you.

And tell them to remake the TF10 while you're at it :frowning2:

I tried calling them yesterday to get to the bottom of things and got no where. They didn't understand what I was trying to tell them, which wasn't my fault as I very calmly and concisely explained my issues. I then got disconnected from the call, which they said they'd call me back if that happened of course they didn't, and I just gave up for the day. I then went the email and Twitter route to see if I could get some answers and have yet to hear back. Honestly I'd be less upset about things if I could just get some answers out of them as the actual headphones themselves sound great. It's really the customer service aspect of this that is the most bothersome. 

May 18, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #3,090 of 4,385
Yeah, I would demand answers for this level of illegitimacy.

I am certainly trying to, but their customer service has been awful so far and that has made things really difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back