Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #2,986 of 4,383
I have a pair of the old version (although bought quite late) that have so far handled stress well.

Swapped cords, sent them away and got custom ACS tips made for them (who I'm sure handled them less gently than me, judging from the marks on the case!).

Still in one piece.

Apr 28, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #2,989 of 4,383
  I would still like to know why the warranty was cut to only 1 year though. For a $400 flagship this is unacceptable I don't care how good they sound.

I don't think that's unusual, as even JH only offers 1 year warranty to their CIEMs, which could cost well over $1000.  If you want something that cost close to same or less but with a better (2 year) warranty, then Westone (or some Shure) is the way to go.

Apr 28, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #2,990 of 4,383
Does anyone know why sites like headphone.com or soundearphones don't carry UE, is it due to Logitech buying them a while back? I had a favorable experience with the 900 in the past and would like to try the 900s, but I would like to have the option to return then if they don't fit what I'm looking for. I saw that you can buy them on UE's site, but I don't know anything about their return policy.

I  think for some reason, Ultimate Ears doesn't want us to carry their product. I've been in contact with them numerous times about becoming a dealer. I think we're too small for a company like Logitech to care about.

Apr 28, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #2,991 of 4,383

I  think for some reason, Ultimate Ears doesn't want us to carry their product. I've been in contact with them numerous times about becoming a dealer. I think we're too small for a company like Logitech to care about.

Well screw them then, we know better.

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #2,992 of 4,383

I would still like to know why the warranty was cut to only 1 year though. For a $400 flagship this is unacceptable I don't care how good they sound.

I don't think that's unusual, as even JH only offers 1 year warranty to their CIEMs, which could cost well over $1000.  If you want something that cost close to same or less but with a better (2 year) warranty, then Westone (or some Shure) is the way to go.

The German music store Thomann offers 3 years I think. On products they sell. Which may include some well known brands like Shure. They also have the awesome Fischer Amps FA-4E.

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #2,993 of 4,383

Thanks for chiming in, Jamey! I imagine they have a team of people who've whipped up some sort of metric that told them it's better business not to deal with you or similar sites. However, that's mighty unfortunate for us the consumer. I mean, their higher tier products are not that easy to find (online and b&m), especially compared to their competitors' offerings.    

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #2,994 of 4,383
Is it 1 year for the UE900 or UE 900s? If its the UE 900 that I just bought brand new, it still have 2 years warranty.

I have the UE 900 and it came with 2 year warranty. The 900s were reduced to only 1 year.
Looking at the QC and even though I baby them, I am sure I will need the 2 year piece of mind down the line.

Apr 28, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #2,995 of 4,383

Hi,

just receive my replacement, my ue 900 stoped working on the left side.

I've had mine for 8 months which the left side volume is considerably lower (I need to offset the Left channel to 36% with Right Channel 75%) just to balance it but I think both channels have blown as the quality of audio lacks loudness, bass, fullness etc. How long did you've yours till the left channel stopped working? and did it stop working completely or suffer with unbalanced issue? Thanks

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #2,996 of 4,383
Hi,

just receive my replacement, my ue 900 stoped working on the left side.

I've had mine for 8 months which the left side volume is considerably lower (I need to offset the Left channel to 36% with Right Channel 75%) just to balance it but I think both channels have blown as the quality of audio lacks loudness, bass, fullness etc. How long did you've yours till the left channel stopped working? and did it stop working completely or suffer with unbalanced issue? Thanks

Ear wax? At least check :)

Apr 29, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #2,997 of 4,383

same for me it didn't stop working completely but suffer with unbalanced issue. maybe some of the drivers inside stopped working

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #2,999 of 4,383
Count me in. Left channel is somewhat louder, or maybe the right channel stopped working properly. I am not sure. 

That's what happen to my old triplefi.
Now one of my ue900 started to lose some volume.

Time to look for jvc fx850 I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back