Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 7, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #2,806 of 4,383
  In your W40s do you think that the sub bass is missing? There is a loss of mid bass in my W4Rs (i.e. bass lines on the guitar) but the low end thump / impact is missing (drum kicks, synthesized bass on R&B tracks).

It's not as powerful, but I still hear/feel sub-bass extension.  It adds a nice weight to a bass kick.

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #2,808 of 4,383
Not sure about the Shure 535, but I had the previous Shure flagship and i thought that the high end treble was veiled

It was a beautiful sounding mid range but a very veiled / attenuated high end.
After trying Etymotic, Shure and UE, I settled on UE Triple.fi because I liked it full range (but a U shaped) sound signture.

Maybe thats the reason why I am liking my UE900 more than the W4Rs

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #2,809 of 4,383
My cosmic ears reshelled UE900s are in the post.  Excited.  Phil however did measure the IEMs before and after the process, and in fact ended up building his own crossover for the drivers.  Essentially, the UE900 doesn't measure well.  Big drop in treble, slight drop at the lower end too.

Yellow is the original, blue is the reshell with custom crossover.

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #2,810 of 4,383
  My cosmic ears reshelled UE900s are in the post.  Excited.  Phil however did measure the IEMs before and after the process, and in fact ended up building his own crossover for the drivers.  Essentially, the UE900 doesn't measure well.  Big drop in treble, slight drop at the lower end too.

Yellow is the original, blue is the reshell with custom crossover.

Those look like raw measurements...  http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/LogitechUE900.pdf

Mar 10, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #2,813 of 4,383
  Anyone recommend tips, I have Comply but not really feeling them. I like something like Sony Hybrid, but was wondering if there is a trusted seller on Ebay you guys use?

I was looking to buy Hybrids as well, and someone recommend to me this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221359995616 but I haven't pulled a trigger yet since I don't know if they will fit UE900 or W40?

Mar 11, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #2,814 of 4,383
Ok my bad, those are the ones I have and tried. I should try them again I suppose, there's no reason why they shouldn't work well. I just preferred the included silicone tips.

Edit...I think we are speaking of the same... http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57057

I was looking to buy Hybrids as well, and someone recommend to me this link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/221359995616 but I haven't pulled a trigger yet since I don't know if they will fit UE900 or W40?

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #2,816 of 4,383
Hi, I just wondered if an owner of the ue900 could help me out with a query about mine. When I look down the left sound tube I see what looks like a red acoustic filter (like the ones in the triple fis) However, in the right side there is nothing at all. Is this normal or has the previous owner been over zealous in cleaning and accidentally removed the filter? Thanks

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #2,817 of 4,383
Hi, I just wondered if an owner of the ue900 could help me out with a query about mine. When I look down the left sound tube I see what looks like a red acoustic filter (like the ones in the triple fis) However, in the right side there is nothing at all. Is this normal or has the previous owner been over zealous in cleaning and accidentally removed the filter? Thanks

I have red filters in each side. But, one looks like it is perpendicular to the bore. The RH side looks like it wasn't properly fitted and is just bunched up in there.

I should have stayed away from head-fi! I loved these before I started reading about them. Hah.

Never noticed the difference in filter placement on mine until I saw your post!

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #2,818 of 4,383
Looking at my new pair (less than 1 hour) - the insides of the large tubes look identical.

Mar 11, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #2,819 of 4,383

I have red filters in each side. But, one looks like it is perpendicular to the bore. The RH side looks like it wasn't properly fitted and is just bunched up in there.

I should have stayed away from head-fi! I loved these before I started reading about them. Hah.

Never noticed the difference in filter placement on mine until I saw your post!

Are you the first owner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back