Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 23, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #2,761 of 4,383
Hey everyone

Yesterday i tried the SE846, K3003 and IE800 and compared all of them with my Ultimate ears 900.

I acutally liked the UE 900 most and the SE846 least. I didn't even like the Shure SE846.

Check what i just wrote in the SE846 forum.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/675219/shure-se846-appreciation-thread/1290#post_10301034

I didn't have the guts to tell them i liked the UE900 most or they would probably think i worked for UE or something :D

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #2,762 of 4,383
  Hey everyone

Yesterday i tried the SE846, K3003 and IE800 and compared all of them with my Ultimate ears 900.

I acutally liked the UE 900 most and the SE846 least. I didn't even like the Shure SE846.

Check what i just wrote in the SE846 forum.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/675219/shure-se846-appreciation-thread/1290#post_10301034

I didn't have the guts to tell them i liked the UE900 most or they would probably think i worked for UE or something :D

I is just not enough to say you like one IEM over other, you need to describe why you liked UE900 over others.

Feb 24, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #2,763 of 4,383
Hey

I didn't do a deep analysis. I didn't have very much time with all of them.

For example I have no idea which one was most detailed.

To my ears the k3003 and UE 900 was the clearest, but i am very sure someone else would have a different opinion.

I didn't like the SE846 because there was something in the sound i couldn't stand and i think it is the treble that don't extend as well as the others. It was something with the sound signature, and it shares resemblance with my Shure E5 which i've never liked. Check the link above what i wrote about the SE846 and see the responses i got.

I really like the soundstage of the UE900.

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #2,764 of 4,383
Ok this is a rather problematic situation. They will consider my warranty claim without the receipt, but they no longer ship UE 900’s. It does seem like they are being discontinued. They did offer me a  329 pound credit on the Logitech store, but I can no longer buy Ultimate Ears there, and I am not interested in buying **** speakers.

Does anybody know whether they will announce a new product lineup? Or is this the end of Ultimate Ears for us audiophiles?

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #2,766 of 4,383
Ok this is a rather problematic situation. They will consider my warranty claim without the receipt, but they no longer ship UE 900’s. It does seem like they are being discontinued. They did offer me a  329 pound credit on the Logitech store, but I can no longer buy Ultimate Ears there, and I am not interested in buying **** speakers.

Does anybody know whether they will announce a new product lineup? Or is this the end of Ultimate Ears for us audiophiles?

I'm in the US but I will be receiving my replacement pair on Friday. Maybe be they r being phased out in EU only. It would be strange however if that was the case.

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #2,767 of 4,383
I'm in the US but I will be receiving my replacement pair on Friday. Maybe be they r being phased out in EU only. It would be strange however if that was the case.

I certainly don't hope so.

Logitech isn't offering me a store credit neither. I have to choose a product from their website immidiatly, however there is nothing of interest on there...

I might try ordering from the US logitech store.

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #2,768 of 4,383
Is this a legitimate site? I am looking to replace the cable to see if it makes any difference in sound quality. In previous post in this thread someone recommend these cables. Can I get this cheaper anywhere else?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_70130_FiiO-RC-WT1-RCWT1.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp3987705&gclid=CM7kmOHL7LwCFTRo7AoddW0AdQ

I use my Nexus 5 to listen to music and I don't know for some reason I need have the the volume close to high get a "kick" in the sound. Now I am not sure if this because of my N5 or not, when I get home I am going try out my Klipsch S4 to see if I need to have the volume high to get a kick.

The UE900 comes with a two year warranty? I got these replaced from my UE TF10.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #2,770 of 4,383
  Is this a legitimate site? I am looking to replace the cable to see if it makes any difference in sound quality. In previous post in this thread someone recommend these cables. Can I get this cheaper anywhere else?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_70130_FiiO-RC-WT1-RCWT1.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp3987705&gclid=CM7kmOHL7LwCFTRo7AoddW0AdQ

I use my Nexus 5 to listen to music and I don't know for some reason I need have the the volume close to high get a "kick" in the sound. Now I am not sure if this because of my N5 or not, when I get home I am going try out my Klipsch S4 to see if I need to have the volume high to get a kick.

The UE900 comes with a two year warranty? I got these replaced from my UE TF10.

They are legit and they also have an ebay store, but I think your main problem is the source and not the cable.  I would try and compare different sources before investing anything.

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #2,772 of 4,383

The UI'll comes with a two year warranty? I got these replaced from my UE TF10.

I'm using the n5 as my main source. I'd u are rooted, there are a couple of sound mods on XDA which improve the stock sound. I I'll post the link in a bit. The n5 IMHO is not a very good source. Before flashing the mod I had turn this b!tch to the max for a decent sound. I am also considering investing in the same cable.

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #2,773 of 4,383
Just got my ue900's today and have mixed views. Initially they didn't blow me away like the tf10's did when I first put them in my ears but that could be as a result of using the tf10's before these. The mids seem significantly boosted in relation to the tf10 but I feel that means the bass detail has become more obscured. Still as I'm continuing to listen to them they are beginning to grow on me. The best thing is the fit and seal in comparison. They slipped in my ears perfectly out the box with the medium tips and have sealed so well they take quite an effort to get them out. They also don't stick out of the ears at all giving them the look of custom monitors which is cool. I do have a few concerns about build quality which doesn't seem up to the usual UE standard. Shame I found this thread after buying them and googling build quality. Still I'm going to persist and will no doubt be smitten by the end of the day. Fingers crossed they last.

Feb 27, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #2,774 of 4,383
They will probably last. People only complain when stuff break, imagine all out there using them day in and day out with no problems, you will never hear of them :).

The failure rate is probably really low but maybe a bit higher than average.

I was blown away when i first heard them. My type of sound. Not like the Shure SE846, i didn't even like them, but the bass was like from a dream.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #2,775 of 4,383
  They will probably last. People only complain when stuff break, imagine all out there using them day in and day out with no problems, you will never hear of them :).

The failure rate is probably really low but maybe a bit higher than average.

I was blown away when i first heard them. My type of sound. Not like the Shure SE846, i didn't even like them, but the bass was like from a dream.

I couldn’t agree more.

I have personally experienced a complete failure of the plastic body. I have posted a picture earlier. All I have to say is that with every product there are some lemons. Most people obviously enjoy these without any issues. I would buy them again without any hesitations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back