Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #2,731 of 4,383
Why would you return the UE900 if you like them? Only because there will be a follow up, which may take another couple of months for release. If I'd do that with my IT stuff I can switch week in week out.

I know that technology evolves rapidly but I paid $$$ for these. And currently they r working like a dream, but if in a month or two, Logitech releases their successor, I'd feel like monkey balls cuz I paid for the consumer flagship not an IEM which will drop a tier right after I purchased them.

Chill. Not discontinued. Let your wallet rest :)

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #2,732 of 4,383
I am looking at my options for ordering new tips for the UE900's.

I came across the comply P series. They are supposed to offer better noise isolation. On their website it states that it is incompatible with the UE900's, however I don't really beleive them. The difference is only 2/10ths of a millimeter.
Do you guys think it will be compatible? It is supposed to fit westtones.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #2,733 of 4,383
Chill. Not discontinued. Let your wallet rest
smily_headphones1.gif

It's useless. People will believe what they want to believe. 
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #2,734 of 4,383
Well, my 900s broke today after 10 days. I was putting on the comply tips and the nozzle of the left monitor made a sound similar to when plastic gets unglued. I can actually push the nozzle in and out few millimeters. Surprisingly the sound has not been altered by this. :frowning2: Called Logitech and they will replace the entire unit with a brand new one. Good cs by Logitech.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #2,735 of 4,383
I guess if you only owned it for 10 day, it will hurt a bit.  I just snap the plastic shell on one of my old TF10.  I am thinking of sending it out to get it made into custom moulded re-shelling.

Feb 16, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #2,736 of 4,383
Well, my 900s broke today after 10 days. I was putting on the comply tips and the nozzle of the left monitor made a sound similar to when plastic gets unglued. I can actually push the nozzle in and out few millimeters. Surprisingly the sound has not been altered by this.
frown.gif
Called Logitech and they will replace the entire unit with a brand new one. Good cs by Logitech.

Are you in the US or EU?

Feb 19, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #2,743 of 4,383
It broke just pulling it out of my ear. I pullet it by the black, rotating, bit of the cord that has the L or R written on it. It just separated. At first I thought like huh did the silicon bit get stuck? But then I noticed the whole thing split.

It is weird though that so many people have issues with the thing splitting up. The quality doesn’t seem to be that good. I have had to replace like 4 cables due to them developing faults.

Anyway, I managed a temporary fix with duct tape – where would we be as a species without that stuff. I just hope Logitech customer support will offer me a replacement.

Feb 19, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #2,744 of 4,383
UNREAL!  Logitech customer service is great but they gotta have the shoddiest worst built IEM's out there.  Even $5-10 earbuds last much longer.  It really is unreal when you think what is being paid for these things and to have them falling apart in your hands.  This isnt isolated either.  Seem to hear about this every week or so from someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back