Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #2,716 of 4,383
I recently got myself a pair of UE900 for pretty cheap (it was some error on the retailer part and they gave me a bigger discount then advertised).  I find it pretty good and it does have a noticeably improvement over the TF10 in some aspects.  But I do find it the bass on them still need a bit help from EQ boost to get it to where I like them.  When I do get a chance, I'll see if I can go to a headphone shop in town to see if the W40 is any better.

Feb 11, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #2,717 of 4,383
  I recently got myself a pair of UE900 for pretty cheap (it was some error on the retailer part and they gave me a bigger discount then advertised).  I find it pretty good and it does have a noticeably improvement over the TF10 in some aspects.  But I do find it the bass on them still need a bit help from EQ boost to get it to where I like them.  When I do get a chance, I'll see if I can go to a headphone shop in town to see if the W40 is any better.

You will find a higher quantity of bass listening to W40 in comparison to UE900.  Btw, I would strongly recommend FiiO's RC-SE1 replacement cable, either for UE900 or W40.  Although there is some cable noise (microphonics), the sound quality improvement is significant.

Feb 12, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #2,719 of 4,383
Don't know what Mr.Diaz was using when he said that UE 900s aren't being discontinued, but the whole page containing UE consumer earphones got removed both from the EU and US versions of Logitech's website.
And as from my last post containing an email from a Logitech representative, we can strongly agree that QC issues was the reason that killed the UE flagman UE 900.

Feb 12, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #2,722 of 4,383
Mr Dias just commented. He's since a few days ago head of sales now. CHIEF. BOSS.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/704386/embracing-the-community-mike-dias-is-now-sales-director-for-ultimate-ears/15#post_10262991

So if someone knows, its Mr Dias.

End of discussion.

Feb 12, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #2,724 of 4,383
  Mr Dias just commented. He's since a few days ago head of sales now. CHIEF. BOSS.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/704386/embracing-the-community-mike-dias-is-now-sales-director-for-ultimate-ears/15#post_10262991

End of discussion.

They are not available for a few months now. From a company such as UE/ Logitech I am expecting some communication on their website  to tell us what the heck is going on. These are $400 earphones, the flagship and if they gonna issue a UE900 rev. 2 or something after such a short period of time it's just not right for the folks who purchased the UE 900 not too long ago. 
Having said that though, I bought mine on a heavy discount and enjoy them. 

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #2,725 of 4,383

End of discussion.

They are not available for a few months now. From a company such as UE/ Logitech I am expecting some communication on their website  to tell us what the heck is going on. These are $400 earphones, the flagship and if they gonna issue a UE900 rev. 2 or something after such a short period of time it's just not right for the folks who purchased the UE 900 not too long ago. 
Having said that though, I bought mine on a heavy discount and enjoy them. 

Just read..

Feb 13, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #2,727 of 4,383
I'm contemplating if I should return my ue900s and wait to see if they release a v2 or a new flagship iem. Wat do u guys think. I'm so confused with all these conflicting reports about the 900s discontinued or still in production, that I don't know what to do.

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #2,728 of 4,383
Why would you return the UE900 if you like them? Only because there will be a follow up, which may take another couple of months for release. If I'd do that with my IT stuff I can switch week in week out.

Feb 13, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #2,730 of 4,383
Why would you return the UE900 if you like them? Only because there will be a follow up, which may take another couple of months for release. If I'd do that with my IT stuff I can switch week in week out.

I know that technology evolves rapidly but I paid $$$ for these. And currently they r working like a dream, but if in a month or two, Logitech releases their successor, I'd feel like monkey balls cuz I paid for the consumer flagship not an IEM which will drop a tier right after I purchased them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back