Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 18, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #2,672 of 4,383
Beside the sound hole. Either on the left or right hand side, they are tiny, hence pin holes :)
ok great thanks you. Ya kinda figured that that's where they were lol it's hard to think that those being blocked would effect the sound that much really. .and why would they design thrm like that ya know..is it a design fault ..or did they do this on purpose? I know these questions have Been asked before and sorry for repeating these questions..but really doesn't make any sense really..I think anyways ..ys know I'm guessing ue being a company that's been around for a while now ain't idiots ya know. If they were there as an option..then you would think that they would say that about this product..I'm not sure what they sound like first hand when they are blocked..better or worse..I guess that would depend on one's preference..and I like the way they sound the way they are..just my thoughts on these..thank you for the reply..happy listening:)

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #2,673 of 4,383
Those filters will tone down the treble.

I don't hear much difference for now. Could be indeed that the treble is a little bit less. I'm going to try it fo a while, to see if I like it.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #2,674 of 4,383
http://umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=147&bid=2&sid=130293

Just a heads up to any Australians looking at these, Umart have them for only 299. Note that these are (usually) Australian stock, and the standard Logitech warranty applies to them.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #2,675 of 4,383
Beside the sound hole. Either on the left or right hand side, they are tiny, hence pin holes :)
ok great thanks you. Ya kinda figured that that's where they were lol it's hard to think that those being blocked would effect the sound that much really. .and why would they design thrm like that ya know..is it a design fault ..or did they do this on purpose? I know these questions have Been asked before and sorry for repeating these questions..but really doesn't make any sense really..I think anyways ..ys know I'm guessing ue being a company that's been around for a while now ain't idiots ya know. If they were there as an option..then you would think that they would say that about this product..I'm not sure what they sound like first hand when they are blocked..better or worse..I guess that would depend on one's preference..and I like the way they sound the way they are..just my thoughts on these..thank you for the reply..happy listening:)

The pinholes make something resonate.. can't explain what but Rin Choi has a good explanation. Google him. I'm on my phone so won't link anything. But they do affect the sound.

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #2,676 of 4,383

Even if you don't block them yourself, they'll get blocked with earwax over time.. No matter how squeaky clean you keep your ears..
With pin holes blocked and a bit more resistance they sound more neutral..

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #2,678 of 4,383
Even if you don't block them yourself, they'll get blocked with earwax over time.. No matter how squeaky clean you keep your ears..
So it's possible that one side could get blocked qucker then the other side ..hmmm interesting ..I think I'm going to block them with some tape or something and see if I like them that way..I like how they sound now but more neutral.ish would be a little better ..thanks for the reply

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #2,679 of 4,383

Sorry for the long quote. I'm on my phone. Not really. I don't keep my ears super clean. Just don't have a lot of ear wax and the wax I have is quite dry. I did partially block my pinholes but I've yet to seen any kind of earwax even get close to that pinhole after maybe 5-6 months of use. Just wanted to say. Now, I don't use iems 10h a day. Usually maybe 2 hours. Some days up to 6 hours.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #2,680 of 4,383
God I am already having some trouble with these, I randomly get this weird static or slight cut off during listening. I already cleaned the cable connectors,the sound quality is pretty good but build quality is horrid.

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #2,681 of 4,383
I use mine with my continental v3 headphone amp /7th gen classic and I get no static or anything..they just sound really good actually ..the only issue I have is left ear sound cutting in and out and really not that bad ..yet lol I'm going to clean them with a tooth brush and some alcohol maybe today and see how that works..worked great with a pair of 535's so here's hoping ..other then that I'm really digging the sound of these ..think I'm going to upgrade the cable soon and see how that goes..:)

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #2,682 of 4,383
  God I am already having some trouble with these, I randomly get this weird static or slight cut off during listening. I already cleaned the cable connectors,the sound quality is pretty good but build quality is horrid.

You still need to clean them better.  You actually do have to scrub them down a bit with a brush cause the residue is more of a sticky one (think of a sugary drink left to let all the water evaporate...).

Jan 20, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #2,683 of 4,383
I've had my UE900s for a couple of months now and I've been very happy - with the SQ anyway. I find them to be very resolving with a wide soundstage and a great pairing with my DX50 for on the go use. So far, I've had no problems with reliability, but it's early days yet. I bought these off Taobao and got them pretty cheaply, so I reckon I'm getting hi-fi sound for a lo-fi price. In fact, the DX50 / UE900 is pretty incredible bang for your buck.

I am disappointed in the build quality though. They're very plasticky and I was hoping for something more refined. The box comes with a remarkable amount of stuff in it  - twin cables, an airplane adapter, a hard case and soft pouch etc. I would rather they had saved on the extras and improved the overall build quality tbh. They're also not the last word in comfort, but the fit is acceptable I guess.

Still, they sound pretty stellar, and that's what counts, right? If you can get these for the right price (I paid 1400 RMB, about 230 USD), then they're quite the deal..

Jan 21, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #2,685 of 4,383
This pretty much confirms that UE 900s will be in stock quite soon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00A668OA6/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1390303301&sr=8-1
Scroll down to the bottom to see what I'm talking about.
If someone still doesn't understand what that has gotta do with them being not discontinued, I will explain briefly.
Amazon.co.uk and Logitech shares the same warehouse, so if Logitech doesn't have a particular product stock, neither does Amazon.co.uk
Amazon.co.uk ran out of stock of the UE 900s and it wasn't possible to buy them off Amazon.co.uk, and that was right when Logitech stopped selling the UE 900s. 

Now that, Logitech representatives have spread false rumors about the UE 900s being "phased out", tells that they are not informed about what they are offering consumers, and all they know is how to pickup a phone and troubleshoot faulty Logitech products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back