Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #2,476 of 4,383
The $200 deal was good but I decided to pass. Too many reported issues about the sound cutting in and out even though the connectors were cleaned from residue. Not a good sign. Also, some people say they sound good but a bit boring, and lack of energy is the right term I guess.
Maybe I will pick them up one day... I am surprised to see that they are no longer available in the UK (Logitech UK) after they were discounted for 50% off... does it mean UE 900 Ver. 2 is on the way? Time will tell, but won't be surprised.

Nov 26, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #2,477 of 4,383
I think that could be wrong to decide to buy something or not only reading about problems. People use to write a lot more when have problem with something. These are really excellent earphones and I never had any problem with sound cutting. That's my experience! 

Nov 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #2,478 of 4,383
The majority of users have never experienced any problem. But they aren't well built. They do have quality issues but the good thing about buying from logitech is that you can always get replacements easier. Anyway. I've used my pair quite much and no issues yet. They are really good for $200. Really. Boring? Well. They're a bit funnier stock or slightly blocked pinhole. But with the adapter they wonderfully boring. So boring you listen to the music instead of the earphones.

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #2,481 of 4,383
It's great that Logitech has good customer service and will exchange in case something happens, but this is for 2 years. I know it's pretty much the industry standard but for a $400 flagship it doesn't make me feel super good knowing that. Having said that, I still might pick up a pair on Friday. Still on the fence.

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #2,482 of 4,383
If a version 2 of the UE900 comes out, Logitech will replace your version 1 UE900 with a brand new version 2, so no loss there. I have complete faith in Logitech after going through their replacement program with the Triple-Fi 10. They will replace it, just call them with proof of purchase.

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #2,484 of 4,383
Having read the customer experiences with Logitech support I have no doubt on their service and warranty. Unfortunately, I'm in India and I'm not sure if they would provide the same kind and quality of support over there. Otherwise I probably would not have cared so much about the quality issues on these IEMs.

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #2,485 of 4,383
  Having read the customer experiences with Logitech support I have no doubt on their service and warranty. Unfortunately, I'm in India and I'm not sure if they would provide the same kind and quality of support over there. Otherwise I probably would not have cared so much about the quality issues on these IEMs.

If Logitech is in India, then you will get full support. Logitech South Korea exchanged my 3 year old mouse which I bought in the U.S. with a new one. No charge.

Nov 27, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #2,486 of 4,383

If Logitech is in India, then you will get full support. Logitech South Korea exchanged my 3 year old mouse which I bought in the U.S. with a new one. No charge.

I will have to ship it back to the US and the replacement items will also shipped back to a US address. I just checked this with a customer rep in asia pacific. Will check with the India office separately as well

Nov 27, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #2,487 of 4,383

I will have to ship it back to the US and the replacement items will also shipped back to a US address. I just checked this with a customer rep in asia pacific. Will check with the India office separately as well

Ah I see. Sorry about the wrong info. I guess Logitech Korea made a mistake then. Good for me I guess.

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #2,489 of 4,383
  If a version 2 of the UE900 comes out, Logitech will replace your version 1 UE900 with a brand new version 2, so no loss there. I have complete faith in Logitech after going through their replacement program with the Triple-Fi 10. They will replace it, just call them with proof of purchase.

They'll REPLACE it?? WITH PROOF OF PURCHASE?? Why did I not know about this...I could have saved myself a literal BUTT TON of money since I got the Triple-Fi 10 for $99.00 on a crazy Amazon deal...

This is extremely helpful info...

Nov 27, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #2,490 of 4,383

This is a common problem.  My suggestions have so far been to use a IEM cleaning tool (they are typically less than 5 dollars and are good to have to keep maintenance on any IEM) and use the brush side to brush both the male and female ends of the connectors between the cable and the IEM housing.  Make sure you brush thoroughly if you go this route.  If that doesn't work, others have suggested, I think Logitech has as well (don't quote me on the Logitech part though), to use a certain chemical to dissolve what's on the contacts (can't think of the name of it right now for some reason :/).  

Here's a quick run down of what we feel the problem is.  After manufacturing, there is some residue left over from working with the metal contacts.  This residue is supposed to dry off and come off as well before the user purchases the product.  For some reason, it isn't.  So there is a layer of clear residue on the contacts of the IEMs which needs to be brushed and cleaned off.  

Thanks so much, tinyman! I'll try this - hopefully that will help! It's incredibly frustrating that this is even a step that I have to go through, especially considering the $400.00 price tag, but if it solves the problem, then I'll take it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back