Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 23, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #587 of 4,383
Quote:
Sounds like a good way to advertise them as jewelry (ear candy) for women :p.

If these are for that purpose, then what is this for:

LOL, sorry, your comment made me think of these.  

Sep 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #588 of 4,383
Quote:
I'm eagerly waiting for a full-fledged detail review of the 900s. 

Needless to say, they look awesome and probably smell awesome too. 

Detachable cable may be finnicky. Looks easy to come off seeing that it's a "snap" or direct friction fit rather than any locking system or something to keep it from falling apart. It's not like anyone is going to change cables every day so they should have implemented a better more secure design. 

They look like the Shure type connectors which are pretty good...

Sep 23, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #589 of 4,383
Quote:

They look like the Shure type connectors which are pretty good...

I haven't played with Shure connectors.  However, everyone else on this thread is saying that Shure connectors are horrid.  I haven't had too much problem with these though.  Only the future will tell.  

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #590 of 4,383
when the hell are these things being released?  ive been checking amazon for the past two weeks and theyre still not available for order.

i'd prefer to buy the heir audios but want to purchase from a place with a good return policy if i'm ordering $400 iems.  thus the heir audios are a no go and the 900s are next up, as long as amazon gets em that is.

Buy from Apple they have a good return policy. And they may have
the exclusive for awhile.

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #591 of 4,383
I rather like the looks of them. Of course, given that I use Monster Trumpets in public more than any other IEM I'm not exactly opposed to flashy designs. Can't wait to read some TF10 vs. UE900 comparisons. I'm sure the TF10s will lose out on most of them, but I rather like them and am lusting after these 900s a bit so it will be interesting regardless.

Sep 24, 2012 at 2:03 AM Post #595 of 4,383
yes that is correct, especially Westone W4 or 4R because so far Westone is the best (with the highest number of BA) 4 BA IEM.
I'm curious.

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #596 of 4,383
Quote:
yes that is correct, especially Westone W4 or 4R because so far Westone is the best (with the highest number of BA) 4 BA IEM.
I'm curious.

I wont tell westones is the best... they are pretty good, but not the best....    Personally i find w4 is very realistic com-paired to Ue900's.. Then again its my opinion :)

Sep 24, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #597 of 4,383
Quote:
Buy from Apple they have a good return policy. And they may have
the exclusive for awhile.

My understanding was that the exclusivity period would not be unreasonably long but I couldn't get specifics.  I would guess that it would be a couple of months, which seemed to be tacitly acknowledged, but it's still just a guess on my part.

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #598 of 4,383
From what I have heard UE 900 only compeition both price wise and ofcourse sound-wise is Heir 4Ai (if we are only wanting to compare 4 BA vs 4 BA). 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back