Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jan 9, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #2,626 of 4,383
I really want to try these but I'm afraid of the crummy build quality ..how close are these to the sound of my w4r's ?? Or should I just stay away ?

The build quality can actually be pretty good, depending on when yours was made. Mine are in perfect condition after a month of heavy use. The sound quality is very comparable to the W4R, it rivals very well and stand at the same level of sonic quality/performance. IMO.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #2,627 of 4,383
I really want to try these but I'm afraid of the crummy build quality ..how close are these to the sound of my w4r's ?? Or should I just stay away ?

Only problem with UE900 is the cable and the connector. They have the same connector as Shure IEM but the sound cuts often. Not sure the newer UE900 fixes this issue.

I have two UE900 and both having the sound cut problem. :frowning2:, going to order W4R soon when price drops more ^^.

Jan 10, 2014 at 7:59 AM Post #2,628 of 4,383

Just got these silver plated cable from ebay. Funny that I enjoy it more direct form my iphone or ipod. It's sound faster, crispier and more detailed. But due to the bass tighten up, you loose some of the sub bass.

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #2,630 of 4,383
You should contact Logitech if you have sound problems. They're pretty known for being very liberal with shipping new ones.

yes I did, :) thanks !

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #2,631 of 4,383

Just got these silver plated cable from ebay. Funny that I enjoy it more direct form my iphone or ipod. It's sound faster, crispier and more detailed. But due to the bass tighten up, you loose some of the sub bass.

Do you still have the link ?

Jan 10, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #2,632 of 4,383

Do you still have the link ?

Here it is.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261319178596

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #2,633 of 4,383

You should contact Logitech if you have sound problems. They're pretty known for being very liberal with shipping new ones.

yes I did,
smily_headphones1.gif
thanks !

(y)

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #2,634 of 4,383
Jan 11, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #2,636 of 4,383
The filter is attached to the core right? So it's basically the same as T100 when decored? Some people say that decored olives are more neutral in sound presentation. The decored comply tips tend to darken the sound a bit. If you also have olives or are willing to try, please report :)

But comply tips are very nice to use for various applications.

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #2,637 of 4,383
The filter is attached to the core right? So it's basically the same as T100 when decored? Some people say that decored olives are more neutral in sound presentation. The decored comply tips tend to darken the sound a bit. If you also have olives or are willing to try, please report
smily_headphones1.gif

But comply tips are very nice to use for various applications.

Yes the filters are attached to the core which I didn't know before buying them. To be honest IMO, the 100s de-cored are so small and soft that they basically do not affect the sound because the nozzle of the earphone almost reaches the end of the tip. I don't have any olives as they are too large and hard to be comfortable.

Sony hybrids also fit on the 900s and definitely help out with the bass especially the larger (blue?) sizes.

Jan 12, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #2,638 of 4,383

Yes the filters are attached to the core which I didn't know before buying them. To be honest IMO, the 100s de-cored are so small and soft that they basically do not affect the sound because the nozzle of the earphone almost reaches the end of the tip. I don't have any olives as they are too large and hard to be comfortable.

Sony hybrids also fit on the 900s and definitely help out with the bass especially the larger (blue?) sizes.

Ah ok! I found the Hybrids (MH1) to boost the bass, give the upper mids a bit of a push forward but shrink the soundstage significantly. Still, pretty good frequency response but so narrow sounding.

Jan 12, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #2,639 of 4,383

Only problem with UE900 is the cable and the connector. They have the same connector as Shure IEM but the sound cuts often. Not sure the newer UE900 fixes this issue.

I have two UE900 and both having the sound cut problem. :frowning2:, going to order W4R soon when price drops more ^^.
Ok great. ..sorry for the late reply..but I want to try these for sure..I read that in the earlier editions the bodies came apart to I think..but I'm glad they fixed the problem..and I had a pair of clear 535's that I list a while ago .but I found the thrm cutting in and out to quit a bit till I cleaned them ..I took them apart quit a few times and maybe that's why the sound would cut in and out. I'm only saying that cause I bought a new pair and I have not taken them apart yet and after about roughly six months of somewhat medium to heavy use the sound has not cut out once..could that be why these cut in and out.? If you pick a cable and just stick with it maybe that won't happen..??

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #2,640 of 4,383
Ok great. ..sorry for the late reply..but I want to try these for sure..I read that in the earlier editions the bodies came apart to I think..but I'm glad they fixed the problem..and I had a pair of clear 535's that I list a while ago .but I found the thrm cutting in and out to quit a bit till I cleaned them ..I took them apart quit a few times and maybe that's why the sound would cut in and out. I'm only saying that cause I bought a new pair and I have not taken them apart yet and after about roughly six months of somewhat medium to heavy use the sound has not cut out once..could that be why these cut in and out.? If you pick a cable and just stick with it maybe that won't happen..??

I take UE900 to the gym, I run good 45 mins on a treadmill with max slope and I sweat a lot, then 1 hour intense weight training.
So maybe this is the reason why my connector gets the abuse :)  But with the same routine shure and UTFi10 lasted longer than UE900 cables/connectors.

Some says I should not take the UE900 to the gym but IMO that's what IEM is for :) I cannot imagine wearing UE8 or LCDXC at the gym. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back