Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Questions
Dec 1, 2010 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

theduffster89

New Head-Fier
So I'm thinking about asking for a pair of Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones for Christmas this year and had a few questions for people who have used them.

1. How is the fit of the headphones?
2. Would I need or would you suggest using a headphone amp for them?
3. Are they worth the price? I am looking for some high end IEM's and these are the ones that looked best for me. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #2 of 71
hi, the fit depends on the shape of your ears. I love my TF10's, I have a good and comfortable fit.

No need for amp

Yup, and you could have gotten these from amazon.com for $95 a couple of days ago. Super cheap.

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 71

Quote:
hi, the fit depends on the shape of your ears. I love my TF10's, I have a good and comfortable fit.

No need for amp

Yup, and you could have gotten these from amazon.com for $95 a couple of days ago. Super cheap.

Also depends on the tips you use

Agree that there is no need for amp

If you can wait, you might be able to find a great deal on them

Dec 1, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 71

Quote:
3. Are they worth the price? I am looking for some high end IEM's and these are the ones that looked best for me. 

1. Fit varies from person to person. I had a great fit on my TF10.vi with the supplied comply tips. But these could be troublesome used by people with smaller ears
2. I didn't notice a significant enough change to amp them to warrant the purchase of an amp
3. For the price they went for (95$) they are very much worth it. Some people who caught the deal may be selling them at a flipped price of 150$ or higher. Still a very decent deal if you need to buy one

Dec 2, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 71

Quote:

The fit is good, but then again every ones ears are different. i prefer the smallest size (fits more snuggley) to the comply
i use mine with a fiio 5. it doesn't do anything drastic but the slight difference is there. i use these with my phone, so its nice to save the phones battery
for $95? Yes. for $399? hm.... i would honestly suggest u go to a meet up and try them out there, i was a little dissapointed with mine.
for daily use i prefer to use my superFi 5vi. they are more comfortable, easier to put in and take out, and i find the sound to be slightly clearer.

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 71
By the time I saw the deal on Amazon it was to late and they were all sold out. 

I just bought a cheap pair of ear buds to get me through till Christmas and they really made me miss my ER-6's. 

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 71
Having regretted missing out on the Amazon deal last year, I jumped when I saw it last week, even though I already own super.fi 5s.

The TD 10s just arrived today and I'm listening to them now straight from my MacBook. They're a solid improvement over the SF 5s and they compare favorably to my HD650s and D5000s. The bass is a fairly chesty, but that could be the fault of my MacBook, smaller than optimal stock tips, and the need for a bit of break in. 

Comfort is superior to the SF 5s. Build quality seems to have improved as well. Definitely worth $100. 

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #8 of 71
Fit is actually pretty hard to achieve if you've never tried them before. They look atrocious but sound fabulous.

No amp. Usually there is no significant difference in sound. If you are using an Ipod then maybe a AMP/DAC

Definitely worth the price especially how inflated the prices are at the moment.

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #10 of 71
There are a load of them going for around 150 on ebay right now, plenty of people trying to sell theirs.  Check your local craigslist too, you might even find some there.
The fit is decent.  It's a funky design but most people will definitely be able to get a good seal after a bit of tweaking and moving the earphones around. I've had mine reshelled and I feel like they fit significantly better afterwards plus the sound improved a lot, but mine had a faulty left nozzle so the improvement was probably a bit more than usual.
Headphone amp is absolutely unnecessary in my opinion.  They get just as loud as my other headphones at a 10-15% lower volume I've found.  
At $150 I feel that they are very hard to beat, provided you use the correct tips and get a good seal.  They actually didn't wow me when I first tried them but after listening for a week or two they really grew on me. I'd definitely recommend them.

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #11 of 71
My two pair are on their way as well. I am slightly anxious about them after reading some of the recent comments. But the price was right, and I doubt there would be any trouble unloading them if they don't do the trick. I just hate selling stuff.

Dec 2, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #13 of 71

Quote:
Having regretted missing out on the Amazon deal last year, I jumped when I saw it last week, even though I already own super.fi 5s.

The TD 10s just arrived today and I'm listening to them now straight from my MacBook. They're a solid improvement over the SF 5s and they compare favorably to my HD650s and D5000s. The bass is a fairly chesty, but that could be the fault of my MacBook, smaller than optimal stock tips, and the need for a bit of break in. 

Comfort is superior to the SF 5s. Build quality seems to have improved as well. Definitely worth $100. 

Once you listen to the tf10s extensively, would you mind giving a brief description to how they compare to the 650s? Thnx

And they can be worn straight down..lots of people wear it over the ear to reduce microphonics 

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #14 of 71
can be worn down? i only wear them up.  i dont even think they would stay sealed if i didnt use the memory wire around my ear.  i like the sound, but the fit (and how far it sticks out) bugs me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back