Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro OR Logitech UE 900
Oct 5, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #16 of 28
Wow that is quite the opposite from what I heard, the Triple10Pro has a really bad build especially when you compare it to the UE900. Personally I just don't like the fact that the body sticks out from your ears like a sore thumb :p 

Why din't you keep the TF10? what did you upgrade it to? 

Oh the tf10 were my play around iems. I sold those and went with the se535-ltd-j then the westone 4r.

To each their own. I was reay weary about the fit of the tf10 them when I got them I had perfect fit and it really aupriaed me I thought I would bs one of the ppl who have fit issues.

I purchased my tf10 when I had them for 110.00 shipped off here excellent price. Now they are being sold for double that.

Oct 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM Post #17 of 28
  Just  search for UE900 reviews and you will see that there are tons of complaints about the new connectors losing signal........

On the other hand, I purchased my Triplefis days after they were released and they have worked flawlessly for many years.

I have high hopes for the XBA-H3  :

http://presscentre.sony.eu/content/detail.aspx?ReleaseID=8813&NewsAreaId=2

I'm also interested in the XBA H3..but the MSRP is killable.. I also read somewhere that Vsonic are gonna make some IEM similar to Westone and Shure by the end of this year

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:47 PM Post #19 of 28
Hi, I had got months ago the tf10, and it had a great bass, but i think lacks some middle frecuencies comparing with westone 4R, but great sound
I recomend if you can pay it, the Fischer Amps fa-4 e xb is your best election, great bass, with great sound

http://www.head-fi.org/t/667638/fischer-amps-fa-4-e-xb-new-4-ba-iem-from-germany

Well the w4r has a more Balanced frequency where as the V shape of the tf10, I agree the tf10 do lack some mid freqs but you can eq the v shape and get a little bit better mids or get a silver cable that is going to brighten up the overall tonality of the sound quality

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #20 of 28
Yes i bought in that moment a "cristal" wire, enhances frecuencies and gave me crear sound, I used for it cowon z2, and in that time westone 4r too, the mids are better in 4r
In that fischer we found every good things of ue900 but with more bass, and balanced armatures drivers is open, that gives to them some more soundstage, great construction, good in ears with some ciem caracteristics

Oct 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #21 of 28
Just curious, since I'm waiting for my UE900 to arrive, wouldn't flat response be more desirable to hear a true sound source versus built in EQ where someone already "corrected" the frequency content for you?  Sorry, still an audiophile noob where I'm relying more on my music production background while working only with "flat" cans :)  Or do you look at it from a perspective that someone already came up with a perfect EQ curve to enhance your listening experience?

Oct 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #22 of 28
I think flat response haven't been bad, only diferent, if you like tf10 sound better election can be a bass iems, if you like more flat eq, i think you must go like w4 or ue900, if you like neutral... Shure 535 or phonak 232...

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #25 of 28
Got my UE900 today, run about 4hr of burn in using whilte/pink noise loop.  First impression - wow!!!  I'm rediscovering some of the instruments and details in songs I used to listen hundreds of times before and never knew it was there :)  And I'm purely into EDM music, not classic or pop/rock.  So that says a lot to me.  Soundstage is unreal for IEM, I really felt like I was in a big room; also stereo separation, how the heck did they get it to work?  I typically have to play some of my mixes in the car just to get "reflection" space to hear better stereo separation because you can't get it to work with headphones even using some VST plugins or my Focusrite VRM box.  Here, I have two little buds in my ears - I feel like I'm in a big room surrounded by sound.  I can definitely see why UE900 cost so much :)

And I do want to confirm about sound being flat.  I thought it will have some enhancement at low frequencies, but it actually very accurately represented across entire frequency range.  I was actually listening to my Meelec M-Duo while I was "conditioning" UE900, and M-Duo is relatively bass heavy.  So when I switched to UE900, I almost went "what the heck?" until my ears adjusted back.

Now, the big question.  What is the best and most durable replacement cable for UE900?  Preferably with in-line remote?  For some reason, this braided UE900 cables looks a bit fragile to me, like if I catch it or pull on it - it will rip.  Maybe just my parnoia, but I was hopping you guys can recommend something more durable without sacrificing sound quality and preferably with in-line remote/mic.

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #26 of 28
i have owned tf10 early on in my quest for iem nurvana lol they are somewhat dated imho compared to whats currently out there plus they are well known for fitment seal, and comfort issues ymmv!!!that said i currently own 4 sets of them because i heard they werent going to be made anymore!!!as for ue900 cant say i dont own any but they do look more comfortable than tf10's!!!i am somewhat a collector of universal iems i dont at moment have any customs but my plan was to sell  cpl prs. tf10 to fund having remaining set made into customs, lately i kinda gave up that idea lol my fav. iem now is a $14 pr. of TDK's which sounds as good as any of my others which include shurese535,senn.ie7&ie6,klipsch x10,x10i,x5,s4,s4i and others too numerous to mention!!!i just preordered set of brainwavez R3 dual dynamic to see how well they compare to R1's!!!we shall see....cheers

Apr 14, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #27 of 28
i have owned tf10 early on in my quest for iem nurvana lol they are somewhat dated imho compared to whats currently out there plus they are well known for fitment seal, and comfort issues ymmv!!!that said i currently own 4 sets of them because i heard they werent going to be made anymore!!!as for ue900 cant say i dont own any but they do look more comfortable than tf10's!!!i am somewhat a collector of universal iems i dont at moment have any customs but my plan was to sell cpl prs. tf10 to fund having remaining set made into customs, lately i kinda gave up that idea lol my fav. iem now is a $14 pr. of TDK's which sounds as good as any of my others which include shurese535,senn.ie7&ie6,klipsch x10,x10i,x5,s4,s4i and others too numerous to mention!!!i just preordered set of brainwavez R3 dual dynamic to see how well they compare to R1's!!!we shall see....cheers

I know its probably super late and you may not even into portable audio anymore hahaha. I love to looks for rare and legendary iems like this, and now have the chance to buy either tf10 or ue900 at 150usd. Which one should i go? I have the chance to listen to them separately but i cant decide which one is better. Or because its 2019, they are simply not worth anymore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back