Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 or Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Dec 18, 2011 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

AznInvasion138

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys so I'm in search for a new pair of IEMs and i narrowed my choices down to the MTPCs and the UE TF10s. I listen to mostly electronica/trance/techno/r&b/hip-hop and am just wondering what are some of your guys recommendations between these 2. Also if anyone else has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #2 of 41
After hearing both and being a fan of dynamic driver IEMs, I prefer the MTPC over the TF10, BUT, since you listen to mostly electronic music and I don't, you may like the TF10 more.  The TF10 are supposedly the universal IEM kings for electronic music as of lately...

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #3 of 41
I have both. In my opinion, the MTPC is easier to get a good fit / seal and is easier to handle in situations where I have to remove and re-insert them frequently (like at work).

But in cases where I can really settle in for extended listening, then I go for the TF10s. Of course, it took a lot of trial and error to get a combination of tips that allowed me to wear the TF10s comfortably.

I'll let others address the sonic differences, my ears aren't golden enough to make a call.

Dec 18, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #5 of 41
I own the TF10, and the only music I listen to is electronic music (EDM). These are amazing for trance, DnB and dubstep. I won't try to describe it's sound signature as I'm not an audiophile, but you can't go wrong with the TF10s if you like EDM. About the seal, I personally get a good seal with them and the comfort is alright. They're not the most comfy IEM out there, but it's easily bearable. They usually start to be slightly painful after a few hours of listening (and that's with the regular tips which came with it, I'm planning on trying different ones.)

I can't compare them with the MTPCs though because I never tried them.

Edit: Also, the TF10s are discontinued on UE's website. They're still available from many retailers, but don't wait too long if you want them. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 41
get both

tf10 for electronic/dance
mtpc for rap/hip hop

:)

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #7 of 41
Haha i wish i could but unfortunately I'm not made of money. Has anyone had any experience with the MTPC in terms of listening to electronica music like trance and techno and how is it? Also for the TF10s how are they in terms of rap/hip-hop then if they are really great with electronica music already. Thanks for the input guys

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #8 of 41
TF10 has greater SQ overall

Dec 18, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #9 of 41

Quote:
Haha i wish i could but unfortunately I'm not made of money. Has anyone had any experience with the MTPC in terms of listening to electronica music like trance and techno and how is it? Also for the TF10s how are they in terms of rap/hip-hop then if they are really great with electronica music already. Thanks for the input guys

I'm pretty sure the MTPC are better for rap/hip-hop, as the TF10's bass isn't boomy. It's tight and has a great impact, but it doesn't alter the rest of the sound. I'm pretty sure the MTPC's bass has more quantity and is more boomy, which suits rap/hip-hop better. 

But for Trance, the tight and impactfull bass of  the TF10 combined with the detailed highs can hardly be beaten.

Dec 18, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #10 of 41
I have both. Since you listen to mostly electronic music go for the TF10. The Coppers have better timbre but that hardly matters when it comes to electronic stuff. The TF10s are really awesome for anything electronic.

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #12 of 41
For both genres? Draw. They're both good at both genres of music, with the MTPC being better for hip-hop and the TF10 being better for electronica. I would still suggest you go with the TF10 since it's better for electronica than the MTPC is for hip-hop. IMO.

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #13 of 41
If you are able to find a good fit, I think you'd be better off with the TF10. Yes the Coppers are better for hip-hop but the TF10 is still no slouch and I also think they do electronica better. 

Dec 18, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #14 of 41
For over all SQ you cant' go wrong with the TF10's they really do everything well.  With a good fit the bass is very plentiful and has nice depth as well as good speed.  I've only heard the MTPC for a few mins and they are nice but I'd go with the 10's because it has better SQ imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back