Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 - how to make more comfortable
Jan 9, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #16 of 27
It helps if you get a real good prefect bend on the memory wire, and try to store it without bending the wires any, so next time they will be ready and require no re-fit. I only use my IE-40 at home, and made a pouch for them that hangs off the table, and when im done I just set them in the pouch with the wires hanging down and the memory wire never moves any. Having the memory wire stay perfectly shaped to hold the IEM just the way I like it is the most important to comfort, to me.

Jan 10, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #17 of 27
Yea you guys weren't kidding I did a direct comparison wearing a green hybrid on one side and medium silicone the other, the later became uncomfortable quite quickly while the hybrids were hardly a bother. Interestingly, they feel of the same quality of the cx300 tips but seal way better, like removing a suction cup from my ear lol. I wanted to try the next smallest size, orange, and compare them to the comply's and green but these hybrids are incredibly tedious to remove and apply so I might not lol.

Jan 10, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #18 of 27
Try t400 comply tips (the black ones, not the nasty ones that come with the triple fi's) and wear them over the ear style . It seems once they seal up and if you got a good memory cable setting they will stay there until you want them out.

That's about the only thing I found that could work for me although I haven't tried the sony hybrids or custom molding yet.

Jan 10, 2010 at 1:58 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Poetik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try t400 comply tips (the black ones, not the nasty ones that come with the triple fi's) and wear them over the ear style . It seems once they seal up and if you got a good memory cable setting they will stay there until you want them out.

That's about the only thing I found that could work for me although I haven't tried the sony hybrids or custom molding yet.

the tips comply suggests are the t500 and tx500, are you saying the 400s fit and are better?

Jan 10, 2010 at 2:30 AM Post #20 of 27
For me, it's not that tips that are causing discomfort.
Part of the weird shape of the TP10 rests on my ear, and after a hour or two my ear start to ache. This happens when worn both normally or flip-modded.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #23 of 27
I dont wear mine over the ears. Just straight down with the right iem in the left ear and the left iem in the right ear. I guess the orientation of the music is changed but it doesnt matter because I am just listening to music. its not like I am watching a movie or playing video games with them. Fits 100% better like this for me vs over the ear.

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #24 of 27
^i would feel weird if right becomes left and vice versa.

what you could do is do the flip flop mod where the right cable go to the left driver and vice versa. When u wear it, just go by the L/R markings on the cable.

i use sony hybrid tips for my tf10. comply are pretty comfortable too but theres some change in the sound.

Apr 11, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by JeFFz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i use sony hybrid tips for my tf10. comply are pretty comfortable too but theres some change in the sound.

My thoughts exactly.

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i rather like the tips in my sig

actually you should update your signature on that
smily_headphones1.gif
lelong_auction got hacked or something. I believe audiozones is the same person since the listings are the same.

I used sony hybrids as well but it was never that comfortable to me. I sold them since their sound wasn't for me either so that fixed my comfort issues just like bcpk
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back