Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 - how to make more comfortable
Dec 23, 2009 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Turnaround

100+ Head-Fier
I now have a pair of Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10.

How have others made them more comfortable to wear?

I searched through other threads and saw references to switching the ear pieces, using different tips. Any tips or suggestions (or pointing to past posts where it's discussed in more detail) would be greatly appreciated!

Dec 23, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #2 of 27
I just got my pair the other day and was having a hard time finding a good fit with these as well. I finally settled on the foam tips that came with the TF10s. I get the best seal and they are reasonably comfortable.

I also tried this mod with the TF10s and it worked quite well actually. Once the stock foam tips wear out, I will probably use this mod for a while.

Of course you can always go the custom route as well; something I am seriously considering.

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:12 AM Post #4 of 27
Whoa, nice find draven, I never would have thought of that, I already bought two 5-pack of the Comply Foam Earphones, :\
Ah well,
biggrin.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #6 of 27
your best option is to get ear molds done (mine were $25)and send to kaysen @ fisher hearing 1-800-514-5020 for customs for $80.00 plus shipping. give her your headfi name and say rumi sent you for this price.also see foofighters thread on iem reshelling

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ansextra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got to believe the Comply's will do the same thing with a lot less effort.

That's a nice mod for those who own IEM's that Complys aren't available for but for TF10 owners the Complys offer the best comfort. However their is a smaller size Comply available from

Comply™ foam fittings for UE, Ultimate Ears : Triple.fi 10 pro, Super.fi 3 studio, Super.fi 5 pro, Super.fi 5 extended bass, Metro.fi 2

Some folks ears just don't do well with universals on longer stretches. My right ear is different from my left and I even use a smaller tip. After an hour or so, it gets pretty painful. So I've opted to have custom shells made and will have them off to Fisher Hearing as soon as I get my impressions done. At about $100 it really is a great value imo.

Dec 25, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #9 of 27
just flop the flip

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #11 of 27
What's so great about the sony hybrids? Are they all around less stiff than the UE silicons? After trying all the tips in the box I favor the complys. The sound, esp bass, and isolation were best but there's still a sore, stretched pressure on the tragus after some listening... If the sony hybrids are the be all end all I'd pick up a medium pair asap.

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #12 of 27
Hybrids + Flip Mod = the best seal and most comfort I could get without going custom.

Glitched, The Sony Hybrids use very soft silicone that is much more comfortable and seems to provide a better seal. I also think the shape of the hybrids have a lot to do with the improved seal as well.

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #13 of 27
ive always wondered about hybrids..owning the triples might finally give me a reason to get them but they still seem pricey for tips ;p

ive been using olives on them but kinda wish i had hybrids to compare

Jan 9, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #14 of 27
I just use the sony hybrids and find them very comfortable when I use the memory wire over my ear correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back