Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 5, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #361 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LMAO, best post in a Triple-Fi thread yet. He's showing you his cans?

Yeah, maybe... but I like the cans in the xguntherc's avatar better, personally.
beerchug.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #362 of 1,260
Good headphones, but I am still trying to get these to fit...and fit comfortably. I dont want to have to buy different tips as I have never had issue with tips that come with IEM's but all these sizes are not making the grade. Even did the flip of from L to R and vice versa and it still wasnt a good seal. Any other tips I might have missed in 24 pages of reading?

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #364 of 1,260
Seems like HF' members today gave Logitech and Amazone some business and shipping dates to take care of. I wouldn't be surprised if around at least 90% of the units available or in stock was purchased by HF members. Great deal, I'm grateful to have been able order two pairs by logging into this community today and finding this info. otherwise I would not have known.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #365 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Analyses like that bother me a little because there's a lot more costs to a product than manufacturing. Tooling, marketing, R&D, product support, etc. must all be factored in before saying what a company's margins really are. That isn't to say that the TF10s and ipods are marked up - they are, and quite severely. But the cost of manufacturing can't be equated to product cost.

agreed, in case of Apple, they have huge amount of legal cost incurred either to sue or being sued

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #366 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jupiterknight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seems like HF' members today gave Logitech and Amazone some business and shipping dates to take care of. I wouldn't be surprised if around at least 90% of the units available or in stock was purchased by HF members. Great deal, I'm grateful to have been able order two pairs by logging into this community today and finding this info. otherwise I would not have known.

You may think so but others know a good deal when they see one. The slickdeals thread for these is at least 3x as long as the head-fi one and has been since the deal first came up. I have a feeling a heck of a lot of people are going to be introduced to portable hi-fi because of this sale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
agreed, in case of Apple, they have huge amount of legal cost incurred either to sue or being sued

Lol.

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #367 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You may think so but others know a good deal when they see one. The slickdeals thread for these is at least 3x as long as the head-fi one and has been since the deal first came up. I have a feeling a heck of a lot of people are going to be introduced to portable hi-fi because of this sale.

Seriously.

Removing Slickdeals and Fat Wallet from my bookmarks was the best thing I've done for my wallet lately. Those places are more dangerous than this one!!

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #368 of 1,260
Yeah it really was a feeding frenzy at slickdeals at 2 in the morning. Within 3 hours, the thread had 30+ pages.

Then there were the SD'ers who woke up a few hours later and just bought the product because of the size and enthusiasm of the thread. That's what SD does to you lol.

"I'm a broke college student. What are these? Earphones? $100 for earphones? Are you guys nuts!? Are they really a good deal? Wow $400? So they are? Good because I bought some already. Excited, hehehe. But I'm having 2nd thoughts. They're worth it right? Deal of the century? Ok, then."

Dec 5, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #369 of 1,260
Yo dude, I really careless concerning your preference man~ I feel good living at Miami, shirts off, relaxed and listen to my musics~ its my personality, ie my avatar~ I don't see anything weird about it~ maybe because you live at the north and don't get use to the southern style~ Its actually really weird to me that you point it out ~

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, maybe... but I like the cans in the xguntherc's avatar better, personally.
beerchug.gif

Quote:

That's definitely fair, I'd say.

On an unrelated note... why in the friggin' world is your shirt off in your avatar, dude? That's weird.

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #370 of 1,260
ljokerl;6208376 said:

I didn't know about the slickdeals, I don't follow this community or have the time to do so. But I agree that major amount of people will be introduced to something better or different with this deal, I certainly hope that I will.

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #371 of 1,260
Im glad for this forum and thanks to OP for posting this for everyone. Im glad I checked HF one more time at 2am before i went to bed. I saw that n jumped for it ordering 2....... awesomeness.

And yes to the starving student. $99 for these is the deal of the century. It is because UE is either releasing a true 3 way like W3, but I have a feeling they want to one up them and make a universal 4 BA driver with each range getting 1, and another getting the 4th. We'll see, why else would they do a damn liquidation of there almost Top tier IEM. it was a damn free for all firesail today at amazon. lol

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #372 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yo dude, I really careless concerning your preference man~ I feel good living at Miami, shirts off, relaxed and listen to my musics~ its my personality, ie my avatar~ I don't see anything weird about it~ maybe because you live at the north and don't get use to the southern style~ Its actually really weird to me that you point it out ~

lol Okay, okay, no need to get upset... keep your shirt on.

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #373 of 1,260
Wasn't upset, but try not to impose your perception on others
redface.gif

Quote:

lol Okay, okay, no need to get upset... keep your shirt on.

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #374 of 1,260
Well unfortunately I didn't find out about this deal until it was too late. Bummer. But cheers to those who were able to get a set...I'm very jealous. I picked up a set of Super fi 4 about 2 weeks ago for $130, so knowing I paid MORE for the sf4 than I could have bought the tf10's for is a bit frustrating. I love the sound of the sf4, and can only imagine how much better the tf10's sound.

I know this deal may have exposed some non-audiophiles to high end audio, so for that I am glad. Could help bring a lot more people into our community and help them to understand why we are all so crazy over this hobby
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #375 of 1,260
Yes topPop I like the "cans" in my avatar also.. do you know what the actual "cans" headphones are? I dont. I just like the picture. I have the fullsize one also showing the rest of her in all her glory. lol.

If he wants to sit with headphones and no ****. thats fine. do what U want while you relax at home.. I do the same some nights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back