Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 21, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #1,111 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the first or second one best. I've seen an example of their white art on trans blue and it didn't look that nice though. I am going for black art on mine.

Hmm...that got me thinking. Red swans on trans blue, would really contrast and make them stand out..decisions decisions.

Honestly, I have no idea which on of these designs I'll go with. I have time though. I only ordered the Westone cable and ear impression kit a few minutes ago. There are some really good vids of peeps getting impressions done on Youtube. I'm going to have my roommate watch a couple so he can see it being done by pros and do mine for me.

If they don't turn out well, their is an audiologist in Austin that'll do my ears for $50. I figure it's worth $20 to try it myself.

BTW..I'd love to hear others opinions as I'm really undecided about these images.

Dec 21, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #1,113 of 1,260
i've been listening to these for the last couple of weeks and they're very competent (i have the iphone/mic version). they're HUGE, but surprisingly, they don't stick out of the ears as much as you'd think. they're not flush like the er6i, but they might even stick out less than the er4p/s. and, i have tiny ears...

Dec 21, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #1,114 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to have my roommate watch a couple so he can see it being done by pros and do mine for me.

If they don't turn out well, their is an audiologist in Austin that'll do my ears for $50. I figure it's worth $20 to try it myself.

Dude, have them done by an audiologist who has had official medical training and not training from youtube. The process of squirting goop in your ear isn't difficult, but the problems that could occur during the process can't be solved with a quick trip to youtube or even webmd. Also, if you have some wax in your ear you can't see w/o medical tools, you could compact that against your ear drum during the impression process.

For the $20 you paid for a homemade kit, you probably could have found an audiologist in your city that could do it for that price or maybe $5-10 more.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #1,115 of 1,260
My wife and I opened our Christmas presents last night... and mine was the TF10!

I, like many others, haven't been terribly impressed by the fit on these things. I'm used to the small sized tips that came with the Klipsch S4, which is just so freakin' comfortable.

The only silicon tip that provides a seal in my ear is the large tip, resting a little further out in my ear canal, and that doesn't provide good isolation at all due to the fact that the sound simply passes through the tip. (I know I have a seal, because I hear my voice in my head when humming, but I can still hear far too much from the outside world).

So I tried something different. I chose to destroy one of my comply tips, ripping the foam off of the center cylinder, and I stuffed it into the large silicon other tips. This isn't quite as comfortable as the Comply tips by themselves, but I anticipate a longer lifespan for the comply. More than that, I now have a full seal, and great isolation. I'll probably still get them custom fit by Fisher, but for now, this does the trick.

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #1,119 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by a.dickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the $20 you paid for a homemade kit, you probably could have found an audiologist in your city that could do it for that price or maybe $5-10 more.

I'm not sure what I posted that made you think that I ordered a "hommemade kit", but what I ordered comes from a reputable business that specializes in custom ear products. My research into this revealed that making your own impressions is a safe and quite common practice.
Granted I don't have experience in this but I do have some common sense and I won't do anything that I feel will likely put my health at risk. And if the technicians at Fisher tell me that my impressions won't work, I'll simply go to an audiologists office and pay their fee.

Dec 21, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #1,120 of 1,260
FedEx just dropped them off. I opened them right away and am listening to it through the terrible headphone out on my laptop. Bass is huge compared to the SF5 Pro. Mids and treble are noticeably weak. The mids aren't a really huge deal to me, but I hope the treble comes out (or my ears get used to it) after a little time.

They are larger than the SF5 Pro but they are also smoother. The SF5 Pro had that angled protrusion, where the TF10 is pretty rounded. The fit in the ear is the same.

I am pleased.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 21, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #1,125 of 1,260
Oh lol. Yeah, but the 8GB's quite a bit slower browsing and opening apps. I've owned both and wouldn't touch an 8GB w/ it's slow cpu/gpu. If it sounds as boring as the 2nd Gen iPod touch, well, that's another bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back