Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #766 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No idea. But it wasn't $149, that's for sure. Plus, you can find out by searching the FS forum.

Most of the prices are edited out.

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #767 of 1,260
To add some much-needed levity to the thread, I received this email from Amazon this morning. Note that the link takes you to the TF10vi splash page, where they are selling for $419. Also note the last sentence of this email ... ya think?

Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on December 04 2009 (Order# 103-6325642-XXXXX). Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the item(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

"Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 Noise Isolating Earphones"
Estimated arrival date: December 17 2009

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.

Please consider the following similar items, which may be available sooner:

- You can purchase a variation of the original item:

"Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphone" [consumer_electronics]
Amazon.com: Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10vi Noise Isolating Earphones w/ Microphone: Electronics

Differences between your original item and our recommendations are typically minor but some things, such as the item's cost, may be different.

Dec 9, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #768 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of the prices are edited out.

Aha, forgot about that. An educated guesstimate, based on other top-tier phones, would be no less than $200 used, but I could be off base. Anyone else want to venture a guess?

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:51 PM Post #769 of 1,260
Quote:

How much were the TF10s selling for on our forums before the Amazon sale?

I was looking 3-4 months ago and the 4-5 used pairs for sale at the time were consistently in the 230-270 range depending on how old they were and the shape they were in. I almost bought a pair for $230 but got my IE8s instead.

Edit: These prices were "asking prices", I can't say what they actually sold for.

Dec 9, 2009 at 4:54 PM Post #770 of 1,260
Amazon's customer service is unreal.

Gave them a jingle, told them how disappointed I was that not only has my shipping date changed 3 times, but I missed out on the $50 rebate by just a few hours. The customer service agent adjusted the price to $49.99.
biggrin.gif

I've always been happy with amazon, but they've outdone themselves.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #774 of 1,260
Kirosia would like to know the street addresses of all those who received their pairs, so he can burglarize them.

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #775 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by bjaardker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL Woe is you that you'll have your headphones in a matter of days
biggrin.gif

I won't have them until 25th of December
tongue.gif

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #776 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by dosley01 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was looking 3-4 months ago and the 4-5 used pairs for sale at the time were consistently in the 230-270 range depending on how old they were and the shape they were in. I almost bought a pair for $230 but got my IE8s instead.

Edit: These prices were "asking prices", I can't say what they actually sold for.

Thanks, that answers the question about anyone price gouging for a NIB pair at $150-$170 (or even $190). It's still a very, very good deal should you really want a pair of TF10s. The things were discounted 75 percent during the sale, not even close to the situation with Wii and the other scarcity ripoffs, where merchandise was selling for ridiculous premiums ABOVE the MSRP, if they could be had at all. When my wife wanted to get her parents a Wii last year, she paid $50 over MSRP. It was the best she could do. Happy? No. But reality is reality.

Anyone can certainly get their hands on a pair of TF10s at full price if they want them bad enough. Meantime, there are a lot of buying options in the sub-$200 realm for most people who did not get to buy during the sale for whatever reason (no access to either source, they slept through the day, didn't know about it, etc.).

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #777 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, that answers the question about anyone price gouging for a NIB pair at $150-$170 (or even $190). It's still a very, very good deal should you really want a pair of TF10s. The things were discounted 75 percent during the sale, not even close to the situation with Wii and the other scarcity ripoffs, where merchandise was selling for ridiculous premiums ABOVE the MSRP, if they could be had at all. When my wife wanted to get her parents a Wii last year, she paid $50 over MSRP. It was the best she could do. Happy? No. But reality is reality.

Anyone can certainly get their hands on a pair of TF10s at full price if they want them bad enough. Meantime, there are a lot of buying options in the sub-$200 realm for most people who did not get to buy during the sale for whatever reason (no access to either source, they slept through the day, didn't know about it, etc.).

I agree. I paid full price for my Westone UM3X and 3. Same with the Shure E500, E5, E4, E3 and E2 (back when the E-series naming convention was still in effect). This is the first time I've seen a top tier IEM discounted in this manner. It sounds like $200 ~ $250 for a brand new UE TF10 is still an excellent deal.

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #778 of 1,260
Quote:

How much were the TF10s selling for on our forums before the Amazon sale?

used pairs were going for ~230-250 if i remember correctly.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #779 of 1,260
Would it be illegal for Ultimate Ears to sell the TF10s (at the 99 dollar price point) implying they are brand new but are actually used or refurbished?

Also I noticed the TF10's are back on Amazon.com with a in-stock of December 19, 2009. Price is 328 dollars, that's the best retail price I've seen. Amazon usually has the best deal.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:24 PM Post #780 of 1,260
Yes, quite illegal. They would have to be listed as refurbished. They can't even resell "open box" but never used merch as new. Example: I got an open box (B Stock) model of the Sony X1061 from Amazon for $335 (it was selling for $354). Had all the stuff, but the box had been opened, return (never used) and resold by Sony. No reason Logitech would risk a major fine to sell a bunch of refurbished or open box phones as new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back