Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Earphones for $99 at Amazon!
Dec 6, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #556 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by reemas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
has anyone ordered from logitech and gotten a shipping notice?

also logitech and amazon had this deal the other day, but was there another site as well?

*Reluctantly raises hand*

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must be lucky since I received a shipping confirmation email late last night / early this morning from Logitech. The package has already made its first stop in Nashville, presumably where it will spend the weekend.

I'm assuming their system was/is absolutely swamped. In any case, keep the faith fellow Head-Fiers!

Dec 6, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #558 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jodiuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't read the entire thread, but was there any speculation as to why the massive price drop? Especially considering the triple site sale. New model maybe? B grade stock?

From what I've been able to gather, Logitech is only going to sell the one model - TripleFi 10vi instead of both. I suppose it's a cost cutting maneuver since they wont have to manage two seperate stocks, different packaging, etc.

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #559 of 1,260
Quote:

...also logitech and amazon had this deal the other day, but was there another site as well?

I should have said 2 as I was referring to an ultimate ears url, which is part of logitech now anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesasone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I've been able to gather, Logitech is only going to sell the one model - TripleFi 10vi instead of both. I suppose it's a cost cutting maneuver since they wont have to manage two seperate stocks, different packaging, etc.

Damnit, logitech...stick to mice and keyboards. Then again I wouldn't have gotten my $100 triplefi's if they hadn't gotten freaky.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #560 of 1,260
Quote:

has anyone ordered from logitech and gotten a shipping notice?

also logitech and amazon had this deal the other day, but was there another site as well?

hah~ guys are getting nervous huh~ come on its a Sunday!

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #564 of 1,260
It's comments like yours that make me wanna quit this forum.
biggrin.gif

Pick apart a $400 headphone...good grief! W/ any luck, I'll pick up a Sony X and avoid this place for a couple more years.
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #565 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by bajaiman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Logitech is intending to permanently price the 3 drivers IEM for US$99 what would it do to the general IEM market?.. I mean I wouldn't wanna pay a single driver IEM for the same price... Nor would I want to buy any other brands for 3 or 4 times as much for the same amount of drivers....

I agree completely. It makes no economic sense for logitech to drive down the market like this in the long run--that's why the sale was a single day. If I had to guess I'd say there's a new product (or revision or something) that they had to make room for. Regardless, selling them at $99 is probably enough to still make a profit over their direct production costs (so the per headphone cost, not the research, marketing, etc), and this enabled them to snap up a bunch of new buyers, most of whom wouldn't have done so in other cases. Look at the people in this thread? How many would've bought 1, let alone 4, if it weren't for this super sale? Personally I'm kicking myself for missing the deal because it was such a bargain. I'm considering $700-800 on other stuff, but I'd go for the ultimate ears at $100 just because I get so much value for the money.

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #566 of 1,260
Good thought, and if they are moving to sell only the TF10vi, this move makes a lot of sense. One 3-driver model that works with iPhone/Touch, or can be recabled easily enough into a plain old TF10 for $20 if the cable goes bad. It creates a lot of buzz for the brand, of course. And as an aside, I checked the UE website, and at no time did they offer the deal there, as far as I could tell (visited it several times to check).

It's a weird move, either way, but it sure is fun planning the move to a remolded custom TF10 with an extra driver for $400 via Unique Melody.

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #567 of 1,260
Anyone pick these up for $40 from Amazon? Apparently a few people ordered it when a $50 coupon was up, plus $10 off subscription (from the $100). I believe the coupon was $50 off each pair up to 3 pairs each (10 and 10vi).

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #568 of 1,260
there was a $50 mail in rebate but that was after the $99 price was long gone. when the $50 MIR came up, the price became $150.

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #569 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgogeta4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone pick these up for $40 from Amazon? Apparently a few people ordered it when a $50 coupon was up, plus $10 off subscription (from the $100). I believe the coupon was $50 off each pair up to 3 pairs each (10 and 10vi).

umm.. I think it was $149 retail with $50 rebate max 3 pairs~ so its still $99~ you get subscription for earphones?
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #570 of 1,260
Quote:

Originally Posted by Feather225 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
umm.. I think it was $149 retail with $50 rebate max 3 pairs~ so its still $99~ you get subscription for earphones?
confused_face_2.gif

The subscription is for Wired magazine (1 yr). I haven't had a chance to look through the offer page but it looks like you can maybe opt out and get your $10 back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back