Ultimate Ears New Flagship iem Premier
Apr 19, 2023 at 10:48 AM Post #22 of 75
New ultimate ear 21 driver iem :

Premier!
Looks very nice!
Here are the Specs:

The driver composition:

This is the first flagship of the UE (probably the most recognizable iem in the world for PROs) in a looong time.
Let’s see how are the impressions!
Wow nice. I wonder what the difference is from
New ultimate ear 21 driver iem :

Premier!
Looks very nice!
Here are the Specs:

The driver composition:

This is the first flagship of the UE (probably the most recognizable iem in the world for PROs) in a looong time.
Let’s see how are the impressions!
Wow, wonder what the key sound difference is between the 18+Pros that I got in 2021.

Apr 25, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #26 of 75
So just wanna clarify, duo diaphragm driver makes the BA count as 2 unit correct? Is the housing of the BA still one unit but containing 2 diaphragms?
It's a set of 2 BAs welded together using the same spout.

May 2, 2023 at 5:11 PM Post #28 of 75
I see how it looks like driver wars, number of drivers really don't matter all that much, the intent of the manufacturer and why they picked the array is the key... I have done single DD, own tribrid IEMs with many different tech (from one to 4 DD + BA with EST, magnetostatic, piezo etc...). Only thing I haven't tried is bone conduction bass or the latest FiR kinetic drivers. Whatever tech it all comes down to why the choices have been made and how they fit a clear tuning intent and is executed masterfully. Few brands can pull it off (all the more consistently over lineups) and it's not down to the number of drivers and even purely the tech. The fact UE is using 21 drivers is not the reason why I would buy it.

This is something the JH Sharona proved to me, an all BA setup can still compete with the best of any tech combo.The RAU Quad Supertweeter that is in the Sharona and also the Premier really makes BA competitive against EST and any new tech around for upper treble and resolution.

True Tone Plus of Premier really looks interesting combined to the Quad RAU supertweeter given I know what it can do...

I trust UE to deliver the goods.

Contrary to a lot of audiophile brand where there is a new kid on the block every year or so with a + X hundreds dollar tag on it, pro brands take time but when they do release something it's battle tested and it's rarely if ever a fluke.

Now being in France I am likely not to get a chance to audition this one... but I trust @Deezel177 ears and if the tuning is down my alley this would probably be my next purchase. Effect Audio ConX make cable rolling a possibility with IPX connector.

I love the UE brand ever since Triple Fi 10 and I am eager to know what Premier brings to the table...

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #29 of 75
Interesting from an engineering point of view, for sure. After 15+ years of CIEMs, I'm pretty convinced that the most important aspect is how they fit. There's good fit and then there's perfect fit. If you don't get the latter... there's not much engineering can do to help.

May 4, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #30 of 75
Sure that's the starting point for CIEMs... some like me are so very lucky to have "simple" and straightforward canals... when you have complicated bends then it gets tricky... I have friends who had multiple refits and sometimes they had to get their prints done by the brands themselves to get it right. From what I understand every brand has their own tweaks from the prints. I have been using the same STL for a while now and it works well. Each brand has a different approach though.

Pro brands tend to do more compressive and deeper fits which I like best, but it's not for everyone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back