Ultimate Ears New Flagship iem Premier
Sep 19, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #46 of 75
I'm a little surprised too, but only a little, here on Head-Fi custom IEM models are not popular as people like to resell their stuff every few months.
Thanks,
Well, this may indeed explain a lot... considering also, that UE seems to serve more the "professionell market"

Regards
Urs
BTW: Which would be reliable Forum / Reviews sources for the "Profs" ?

Sep 19, 2023 at 8:02 AM Post #47 of 75
Possibly a 'professional music forum' for those who play, record, mix or master music

Unsure a professional in depth review or comparisons exists more than for enthusiast sites like head-fi. IEM have a barrier to comparison versus speakers. IEMs are a tool, an option. Is it viable to buy lots of IEM brands instead of better instruments or recording equipment

Sep 19, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #49 of 75
I'm about to contact a local "Pro" IEM dealer , who might have a universal Demo Unit - I hope :wink:
I do have custom ear tipps, so this may help to simulate a "C" version to some degree.

I'll keep you informed !

Regards
Urs

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 10:38 AM Post #50 of 75
I'm about to contact a local "Pro" IEM dealer , who might have a universal Demo Unit - I hope :wink:
I do have custom ear tipps, so this may help to simulate a "C" version to some degree.

I'll keep you informed !

Regards
Urs
A few months ago UE sent me a CIEM demo with tips
I live in the US so probably was easier to get it

They sound smooth and balanced. I really like them.

I was ready toorder them until I found something more interesting, a different beast with a damp.

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #53 of 75
Mcleenx,

All Ok - and needless to say: A VERY impressive combo !! - my mobile DAP is also a CAYIN, the N7 and I’m more than pleased with it.
But I'll use my IEMs also "stationary" with my full analogue chain & tube amps.

The Premier would replace a 64Audio Fourte and additionally would complement an EE Custom ODIN.
I do like the Fourte, despite its rather controversial sound tuning and I’m also considering an 64Audio A12 or A18 in custom version (the Fourte series is only available in universal).

So the two new “Custom” contenders would likely be the Premier vs a 12 or 18.

Regards
Urs

PS: As you note, I’m very much a fan of custom models ..:relaxed: and the possible "Pro" sound tuning I'll have to evaluate.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #54 of 75
Even if you like custom iems, I will suggest trying the Oriolus Traillii and the UM Mason Fable Sound or UM Le Jardin, I believe you will like them. The Trailliis are only universal, the Masons and the Jardins could be custom.
There are a few headfiers that are selling them at a good price.

The only custom I have at this moment is the 64Audio 18A and they sound very nice but the UM Pearl Amber sounds much better.

Talking about CIEM take a look at the Spiral Ear custom options. You will be surprised how good they can sound!

Sep 28, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #58 of 75
Some short impression I could add for the Live, I used to think my UE Live was a bit of a dull purchase it sounded muddy and clarity was sub-par considering it's price point, but the Live scales unbelievably well with EQ and now it shares ear time with my Mentor and RN6.

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #59 of 75
What differences did you find between both models?
as background, i've listened to all ue iems extensively and i currently have the ue7, ue11 and ue live. prior to listening to premier, i believed that the live were fantastic and couldn't imagine how the premier could best the live. from experience, the higher the quality of the source system and media, the more impressive the live sound. e.g., i have lotoo pawg touch and lotoo lp6k. the live sound much better on the pawg touch. the live are not the most accurate iems and, for me, they are emotionally very engaging. i listen to music for the emotional experience. accuracy doesn't always equate emotionally involving. listening to music through the live is emotional.

though, i couldn't imagine that the premier could best the live, i entertained an audition. again, high end iems shine with high quality source and media. the main difference between live and premier is resolution. with premier offers another level of separation. with premier, when a bow drags across the violin strings, i hear the micro notes of the various fibers interacting with the strings. it's remarkable. i thought the live offered excellent resolution -compared to ue7 and ue11. the premier takes it to another level. there's just more separation with the premier. i hear more notes in the timpani with premier. i can more easily hear the drummer's fingers sliding across the skin of the drums, as he strikes the drums. premier seems more engaging and creates more of a party in the ears.

i only listened to premier for about 30 mins and so, i'm not sure what his means when listening for many hours. i can and do listen to the live continuously for more than 12 hours without fatigue, while still thoroughly enjoying the experience. i expect that premier will also prove enjoyable for many nonstop hours of listening. i've listened to the live for more than 12 hours in during the past few days and i still find them emotional and terrific. we'll see.

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #60 of 75
as background, i've listened to all ue iems extensively and i currently have the ue7, ue11 and ue live. prior to listening to Premier, i believed that the live were fantastic and couldn't imagine how the Premier could best the live. from experience, the higher the quality of the source system and media, the more impressive the live sound. e.g., i have lotoo pawg touch and lotoo lp6k. the live sound much better on the pawg touch. the live are not the most accurate iems and, for me, they are emotionally very engaging. i listen to music for the emotional experience. accuracy doesn't always equate emotionally involving. listening to music through the live is emotional.

though, i couldn't imagine that the premier could best the live, i entertained an audition. again, high end iems shine with high quality source and media. the main difference between live and premier is resolution. with premier offers another level of separation. with premier, when a bow drags across the violin strings, i hear the micro notes of the various fibers interacting with the strings. it's remarkable. i thought the live offered excellent resolution -compared to ue7 and ue11. the premier takes it to another level. there's just more separation with the premier. i hear more notes in the timpani with premier. i can more easily hear the drummer's fingers sliding across the skin of the drums, as he strikes the drums. premier seems more engaging and creates more of a party in the ears.

i only listened to premier for about 30 mins and so, i'm not sure what his means when listening for many hours. i can and do listen to the live continuously for more than 12 hours without fatigue, while still thoroughly enjoying the experience. i expect that premier will also prove enjoyable for many nonstop hours of listening. i've listened to the live for more than 12 hours in during the past few days and i still find them emotional and terrific. we'll see.
In terms of tonality, is premier closer to live or ue7?
I have uerr, ue18+, ue live. I’m wondering will premier replace my live or 18+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back