Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
May 31, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #287 of 733
Ultimate Ears really exceeded my expectations of what good customer service is. Props to them. They offered me 3 choices:

1. I send my set back and they remake it with the proper colors.
2. I get a "significant discount" on my next future purchase, whatever it may be.
3. I get a free pair of UE900.

I'm still very satisfied with how my UERMs came out, so it's no problem. Most likely going to go with choice 2, especially if I can combine it with the head-fi meet's 20% discount. I definitely wouldn't mind buying from UE again, especially with the kind of service that I've gotten from them.

Jun 1, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #288 of 733
Ultimate Ears really exceeded my expectations of what good customer service is. Props to them. They offered me 3 choices:

1. I send my set back and they remake it with the proper colors.

2. I get a "significant discount" on my next future purchase, whatever it may be.

3. I get a free pair of UE900.

I'm still very satisfied with how my UERMs came out, so it's no problem. Most likely going to go with choice 2, especially if I can combine it with the head-fi meet's 20% discount. I definitely wouldn't mind buying from UE again, especially with the kind of service that I've gotten from them.

Good to hear that. UE does really have good customer survice.

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #289 of 733
I was informed by pair shipped out last Thursday so hopefully I get it within the next couple days. I almost forgot about these since it was around a month ago that I bought them at the meet.

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #292 of 733
TheGunner - The all white actually looks really good. I can see what you were going after though!  I have that same color translucent green on my pair.  Now the important part - how do they sound to you?

Jun 3, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #293 of 733
Quote:
TheGunner - The all white actually looks really good. I can see what you were going after though!  I have that same color translucent green on my pair.  Now the important part - how do they sound to you?

Wow, the translucent green looks amazing! I'll definitely have to get a translucent colored shell on my next purchase :D

I only got to try them out for two days since I sent them out for a refit on Saturday. They should arrive at the UE lab today and hopefully will be back by Friday or Monday! As for the sound, they far surpass the vsonic gr07 in pretty much every way. The clarity and neutrality of the UERMs is simply amazing, and is very enjoyable to listen to. With my sansa fuze and headstage arrow 4g, the UERMs sounded great, though slightly lacking in the soundstage. With the peachtree dacit and asgard 2, the soundstage and dynamics improved even more. However, there was some hiss on the Asgard 2 even on low gain, and it made the treble harsh with some tracks; possibly due to its 2ohm output impedance? 

After reading some reviews on the UHA-6S, I think will be purchasing it to use with my UERMs at home. Unfortunately I'll be returning the Asgard 2 today, so I can't do any direct comparisons between the two with the UERM, but I can with the headstage arrow 4g

Jun 4, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #294 of 733
I went with a translucent black-- something about clear and earwax-- not the best combo in actual use.

A month ago they suffered a spill-- I was carrying them in a Pelican case and dropped it-- shattering the left bud.  

I sent it back to UE with a repair order and for $100 bucks they cast a new one, didn't even need a new impression.  I had them back in a week.  THAT is customer service!

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #295 of 733
Nice! How long have you had them for?

Jun 4, 2013 at 8:58 AM Post #296 of 733
Quote:
I went with a translucent black-- something about clear and earwax-- not the best combo in actual use.

A month ago they suffered a spill-- I was carrying them in a Pelican case and dropped it-- shattering the left bud.  

I sent it back to UE with a repair order and for $100 bucks they cast a new one, didn't even need a new impression.  I had them back in a week.  THAT is customer service!

It seems like UE has great customer service which is always great to hear. Too often on head-fi it's more about the product and the customer service side is not as important. Also I think UE keeps your impressions on file so multiple impressions are not needed as long as the fit remains the same.

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #297 of 733
Quote:
Nice! How long have you had them for?

18 months.  She told me they were able to make an impression from the broken one.  It didn't sound like they kept impressions on file, though I could be wrong.

Jun 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #298 of 733
They do keep the impressions on file, it is always good to ask UE to check to see if the impressions are in good shape if there is any question.

@shipsupt broke a UE 11 earpiece and they rebuilt it for him...a month ago they made him some UERM from his 2011 Bay Area Meet impressions. Fit is fine!

Jun 5, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #299 of 733
I got my pair in the mail today and everything seems to be just fine. I was a bit worried about fit since I know just how much of a pain it is if they don't fit properly but thankfully that's not the case. They sound pretty good. I do wish they had a smaller case like what the TF10 came with but I was using my JH5 for those but I changed them out and have a smaller case for these now.

I do have a few days to play with them but Friday I have my Stax SR007 coming in so hopefully will be able to split time between the two.

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #300 of 733
thanks average joe for the review.. and all of you for helping me make my mind up.. i started today thinking i was gonna get a cheap cosmic ears CIEM, but now im convinced that the UERM is the way to go... even although its way way more than i should be spending :p 
gonna go to the audiologist as soon as possible for impressions.. woohoo, im pretty excited!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back