Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
Sep 26, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #710 of 733
Has anyone else gone from the UE10pro to the UERM? That is where I am coming from and I am a bit disappointed with the low end on the UERM. I think the bass is tight to the point of being nearly imperceptible at times.

Sep 27, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #711 of 733
Has anyone else gone from the UE10pro to the UERM? That is where I am coming from and I am a bit disappointed with the low end on the UERM. I think the bass is tight to the point of being nearly imperceptible at times.

Not exactly the same path, but I had the T.F10 and Shure SE425 when I first listened to the UERM as I wanted something more neutral with better treble extension, soundstage and overall resolution (although the UERM is definitely great, it's still not end-game for me).

However, the UERM is clearly more neutral than the T.F10. Don't say you bought the customs before you listened to the demo version?

I see two possibilities: either you get different IEMs with more bass or you could use an EQ.
The UERMs bass is not only faster and tighter, but also of less quantity.

Sep 27, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #712 of 733
Not exactly the same path, but I had the T.F10 and Shure SE425 when I first listened to the UERM as I wanted something more neutral with better treble extension, soundstage and overall resolution (although the UERM is definitely great, it's still not end-game for me).

However, the UERM is clearly more neutral than the T.F10. Don't say you bought the customs before you listened to the demo version?

I see two possibilities: either you got different IEMs with more bass or you could use an EQ.

possibility 1 is right. tf10 is different from ue10pro.

Sep 27, 2015 at 12:49 AM Post #713 of 733

I see two possibilities: either you got different IEMs with more bass or you could use an EQ.

possibility 1 is right. tf10 is different from ue10pro.

Oops, typo, it was supposed to be "get" instead of "got".

I I that they are different - I've listened to the whole UE line-up except for the female VRM, and own the T.F10 and UERM myself.

Edit: oops, now I see my mistake. It is early in the morning and I read T.F10 instead of UE10Pro. I'm sorry, my bad.

Sep 27, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #714 of 733
Bottom line, the UE10 pro was just a fantastic product. I have EQ'd the UERM to get a bit more on the low end and it is a nice sounding monitor. The UE10 pro sounds great from any source I've thrown at it, no EQ required.

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #715 of 733
Just broke the cable connector on the earpiece side on my UERM's, while pulling one out of my ear. Dammit! Back for repair? I don't trust myself with Crazy Glue on something that small. Unfortunately I'm out of the country for another 6 weeks. Senseless to try to mail them from Jordan. I don't suppose anybody knows of a place that does these kinds of repairs around Aqaba?

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #716 of 733
 ​
Fellow music and in-ear lovers, I just wanted to share my review on the UERM that I have finally written in October of last year 
after a few years of ownership. ​
It's quite obviously written in German, but there should be a translator widget in the navigation bar (I don't think that I'll translate it into English anytime soon)​
:

http://kopfhoerer-lounge.blogspot.com/2016/10/UERM.html

Don't mind the photos except for the first one, since I didn't take new ones but used older ones from my "archive".

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #717 of 733
I got these maintenanced by UE. I recommend those that need cleaning, wearing down, or need checked for optimal performance to get their's maintenanced/checked by UE. Sounds better after getting mine looked at and cleaned(I had mine for years and was getting dirty and wearing down). UE customer service is always great.

Still a reference sig.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back