Ultimate Ears Custom Warranty and Repair Experience
Jul 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

SLCentral

Head-Fier

I sent my UE-5c’s in for repair, and since I haven’t read anything about peoples experiences with UE Custom warranty (only their consumer line), I thought I’d share my experiences.

I bought my UE-5c’s around this time four years ago (or has it been five?!). About a year back, the left earphone started producing a much lower volume sound compared to the right. It sounded as if one of the drivers had blown. Furthermore, a crack had developed on the right earphone, leading to a literal hole about 3mm wide and 2mm high. It didn’t effect performance (significantly), but it was not pretty and definitely had the risk of leading to more damage.

Because I was busy, I didn’t send them in to UE until last week, opting to use my old e4c’s instead. I sent them in via Fedex Ground last Monday, and saw it was delivered to UE on the following Monday morning. I gave them a call on Tuesday, as I hadn’t heard from them. I was informed that because I was out of warranty, the repair of both earphones would run $155. That included fixing the crack on the right earphone, as well as replacing the driver in the left. I agreed, gave them my credit card #, and was told that it should be shipped out Thursday or Friday of the same week.

To my surprise, I got a shipping confirmation e-mail yesterday informing me that my 5c’s were on their way back to me. That means they were fixed within 24 hours of my payment being processed. Wow. Impressive customer service from UE. I’ll be sure to update this post once I get them next week, but call me impressed already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back