Ultimate Ears broke: Need to purchase decent IEM's from Canadian retail outlet for a trip
Jun 13, 2011 at 11:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

bmckenney

New Head-Fier
I'm heading off on a month long trip and my daughter just broke my Ultimate Ears.  I will get them fixed when I return. 

I've read a number of threads and searched the board looking for budget IEM's (and found the [size=10.0pt]"Buying IEMs or ear buds or portable phones? DON'T START A NEW THREAD. Ask for help here!" thread)[/size] but most of them are something I'd have to order online out of the US and that takes a week or two.and I don't have time for that so I'd like to buy from a Canadian store front retailer or possibly online as long as it ships from Canada.  I leave in less than two weeks.

Budget is less than $100.  Even less than $50 would be better since I probably will go  back to the UE's.

Jun 13, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #2 of 5
You will be hard pressed to find anything that isn't over priced here in Canada. Only thing off the top of my head that is atleast close to the price to the states are the Shure 215s, they are ~115 at futureshop last i checked (not I have never heard them).

Jun 13, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #3 of 5
I figured I'd overpay buying in Canada.  If the retail cost wasn't that much then I would overpay less.  $115 is a bit much.  If there was a decent product under $50 then hopefully I wouldn't overpay that much.  Any other recommendations in the budget range?

Jun 13, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 5
$50 is hard... I was able to get the Shure 102 on sale for $45 so you could try London Drugs. Otherwise, the UE500 are $80 at Best Buy, but I find with an iPod you need to use the Treble Boost  EQ mode as the fall a bit flat on the crisp edge. A tad midrangy for me.

But unfortunately, retail is hot on Beats and Skullcandy. You might be able to get some Pioneer, they are about $50, but I've never heard them.

Jun 13, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #5 of 5
Sony MDR-EX32 @ less than $30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back