Ultimate Ears’ Triple.fi 10 Pro vs. ?
Jun 10, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #17 of 23
I wouldnt consider the TF10 "bassy". It's relatively bassy compared to other top tier BA's but it's not really bassy. It should be good for his sound preferences imo if he can fit them properly

Jun 10, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
I wouldnt consider the TF10 "bassy". It's relatively bassy compared to other top tier BA's but it's not really bassy. It should be good for his sound preferences imo if he can fit them properly

Finally someone that says something regarding sound!

Well i've no problem fitting in the etymotic triflange tips and my right ear canal seems to be slightly bigger so I have to push in just slightly a bit more and from what i've read the TF10 is big, so I it might be just perfect.

Jun 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM Post #19 of 23
That's great. I hope you find the perfect fit for them. I am kind of missing its luscious highs but I'm in no rush to acquire one yet. Maybe if they do the $99 sale again, I'll definitely jump on it :)

Quote:
Finally someone that says something regarding sound!

Well i've no problem fitting in the etymotic triflange tips and my right ear canal seems to be slightly bigger so I have to push in just slightly a bit more and from what i've read the TF10 is big, so I it might be just perfect.

Jun 10, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #20 of 23
As others have said, the stock UE cables are crap for longevity BUT...

You can order a $20 vi cable from UE that has a mic and remote button if you want to use the TF10s with your phone, and there is a plethora of aftermarket cables from which to choose if you want to improve BQ & SQ.

I love my TF10s, but I'm not sure that it'll be the right IEM for you if you are into the Ety sound signature.  I certainly wouldn't call these IEM's analytical.  They are revealing of poor recordings, but at the same time relatively gentle on them.  They have a mid-bass bump that makes them sound a little on the warm side to me, certainly warmer than my AKG 702s. Many on the forum have highlighted the TF10 v-shaped sound sig and recessed mids, and I agree somewhat.  In my experience, the mids are recessed when they are under-amped (iPod/iPhone headphone out).  When I listen through my RSA Hornet or iBasso P-3+, I wouldn't say the mids are recessed at all.  And I don't think that's the amp signature necessarily.  The P-3+ is a little mid forward in stock op-amp configuration, but I've never heard that said about the Hornet.  And finally (on the sound sig) they aren't the last word in treble detail.  Treble response seems pretty well rolled off to my ears, and it has no "sparkle" and very little treble "presence" of which to speak.  It's there, I just wouldn't call it "high-end" IEM treble as there's virtually none of the sharpness that cymbals really need to sound accurate.  Others certainly might disagree with that treble assessment and certainly some of my opinion on TF10 treble might be down to my tip choice which is...

Monster stock silicone or gel supertips.  These give me great seal and the best long term comfort.  I find the stock UE tips pretty bad for both those objectives.  I can live with the UE bi-flange if necessary, and treble improves a bit, but not enough to warrant the relative loss of isolation and comfort for me.  The Monster tri-flanges work well too from an SQ perspective (maybe even the best actually) but they're just downright painful for me.  I also doubt the Ety tri-flanges will fit as the UE nozzle is pretty big.  

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:26 AM Post #21 of 23

Quote:
I'll try lookin in the FS forum see if I find any reputable seller for the ATH-CK10... However Buying used is not my cup of tea, because of warranty and such... and I may not qualify as a "reputable" buyer because i'm barely around here.

Try seyo-shop.com.

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:27 AM Post #22 of 23
Doesn't MusicaAcoustics Japan ship internationally? That might bring Ortofon back into the game.

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #23 of 23
You could also try Atrio M5 with MG7 transducer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back