Ultimate DIY: the 3.5mm 1/8" mini jack plug collection thread
May 3, 2009 at 6:59 PM Post #211 of 485
actually on second look; and thinking more about it, theat one and the cryoparts one seem subtly different with better dielectric; still havent used that one yet lee. but it sure looks nice; wasnt minimizing your mini before (hehe); just keep seeing similar internals with different barrels thas'all
biggrin.gif

re the viablue: yeah I figure that too, all the same it makes me a little wary. otherwise love'em really very nice minis; i'm sure my thoughts on them will be very positive again after I finish using the others I have and they work fine; just 1 out of 2 freaked me out a little

May 3, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #212 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually on second look; and thinking more about it, theat one and the cryoparts one seem subtly different with better dielectric; still havent used that one yet lee. but it sure looks nice; wasnt minimizing your mini before (hehe); just keep seeing similar internals with different barrels thas'all
biggrin.gif

No worries, I didn't think you were. There are a lot of similar looking products out there as it seems that every connector company copies each other. That's why it is so hard to find a connector manufacturer that not only does good work, but actually builds things exactly to your spec.

Many have no problem with substituting cheap parts/metal/dielectric without telling the buyer/OEM customer. Long term relationships are really important when dealing with connector manufacturers as they are less likely to mess around with a long term clients order.

Sourcing goods in the new millennium, Caveat Emptor, indeed.

Lee

May 3, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #213 of 485
Has anyone seen/used these:
pailiccs.jpg

May 4, 2009 at 12:30 AM Post #214 of 485
There are two styles of Pailiccs 3.5 mini plugs. This one and a rounder gloss black with a white rubber ring around it. They use to be hard to get but an ebay seller Awwan will sell the black and white ones to you if you ebay message him. the internals are identical but the bodies have a different curve to them.

May 4, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #215 of 485
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeraHz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone seen/used these

One word - tight. Look sweet but it's hard to fit anything decent in there as it's ridiculously narrow ad the end of the barrel, stark contrast to their other one.

May 10, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #217 of 485
Hi guys, after some advice on the best 3.5mm plug for use with Mogami mini quad cable.

The Canare F-12 is nice, seems a bit expensive in AUS, and not sure if i'm fussed on that silver-white colour with a black cable.

Are the Neutrik NYS231 good enough? I probably prefer the silver version rather than black metal body.

Anything else to consider and where i can get it delievered to Australia @ the best prices?

Thanks,

May 10, 2009 at 12:42 AM Post #218 of 485
Neutrik is best with my Canare Star Quad. Black of nickel? You choose, but depending on the diameter of the Mogami and any heatshrink you may want to use, you may need to dremel out the cable opeing a bit. I needed to when using Canare LE4E6 regular star quad. I ordered some smaller LE4E5C wich is Canare's mini quad but it's not shipped yet. I use alot of Mini XLR's so I need the smaller guage wire when I can get it.

I get them from Markertek, Full Compass, and Westlake.

And Here
http://www.parts-express.com/wizards...TOKEN=71110936

May 10, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #220 of 485
Thanks guys, i may try and get hold of the SwitchCraft 35HDNAU, looks like a nice connector. Will scratch the F-12 from the list, doesn't look stock enough for what i'm after either. (ps, the Mogami is 4.8mm).

Edit: if there are any suppliers here that wouldn't mind sending me a few of these SwitchCraft plugs, would be very helpful. Or direct me to a site that does international shipping.

May 10, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #222 of 485
Well the trick is finding the switchcraft's cheap, as they are about $14.33 from Farnell (or $10.80 >10). Seem a lot cheaper in the US.

May 10, 2009 at 9:35 AM Post #223 of 485
Wagner are cheap, but I'd go US or UK and try for a place that stocks a few things you'll be getting for your cable, eg wire, sheath, solder etc. There's also an eBayer in NSW who sell the neutriks with free shipping on 10+. I'd send you one if I had any switchcrafts, if you want a nickel neutriks just let me know.

May 10, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #224 of 485
A few searches showed the UK suppliers still quite expensive for the Swichcraft, and Wagner don't list it in their pdf. Anyway not really one place that has everything i want but Farnell will do this time for the plugs.

Thanks for that, will keep the neutriks in mind as well, they seem like a popular choice too.

May 10, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #225 of 485
How about these if you're okay with international shipping? Cheap and fast
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back