Ulimate Ears superfi 5Pro
Oct 11, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #31 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scotty757
I find it humorous seeing who likes what phones. The UE marketing makes the SF.5P the first mid-fi piece of gear a lot of kids own. Thus, they have nothing but glowing things to say about it. Most of them haven't been here very long, and havent heard much else.

All that to say, take the SF fans with a grain of salt...there are much better options for the price (read: Westone UM2, Ety 4, etc.).

I find it humorous you troll these threads and interject meaningless generalizations. I can't say I know very many kids that can or want to drop 100+ on headphones. And anyone who drops more than 100 bucks on headphones is going to do atleast a little bit of research before they buy them, I can personally say I've read almost every thread on the things in here before I bought them.

Everyone is entitled for their opinions, he asked for them.

You are not your post count. Sit down.

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #33 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sybaek
I find it humorous you troll these threads and interject meaningless generalizations. I can't say I know very many kids that can or want to drop 100+ on headphones. And anyone who drops more than 100 bucks on headphones is going to do atleast a little bit of research before they buy them, I can personally say I've read almost every thread on the things in here before I bought them.

Everyone is entitled for their opinions, he asked for them.

Your post is self-contradictory, son. I don't see one case of me making a generalization, much less a meaningless one. I've owned every phone he's probably looking at, and am offering advice.

Everyone is, in fact, entitled to their opinion. I'm stating mine. Just because I don't think your little headphones are any good, doesn't mean my opinions are "generalized."

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #34 of 77
Quote:

I find it humorous seeing who likes what phones. The UE marketing makes the SF.5P the first mid-fi piece of gear a lot of kids own. Thus, they have nothing but glowing things to say about it. Most of them haven't been here very long, and havent heard much else.

All that to say, take the SF fans with a grain of salt...there are much better options for the price (read: Westone UM2, Ety 4, etc.).

Heh. Compared to some of the old-timers who do favor their super.fi over the other IEM you've listed, you're the one who hasn't been here very long, and haven't heard much else.

We've been having this discussion for longer than you've been a member here. There are more than a few good ears here who like their super.fi plenty. I think one in particular would be tickled pink that because he likes his super.fi, you might generalize him as one of the "kids".
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:31 AM Post #35 of 77
Quote:

Your post is self-contradictory, son. I don't see one case of me making a generalization, much less a meaningless one. I've owned every phone he's probably looking at, and am offering advice.

Everyone is, in fact, entitled to their opinion. I'm stating mine. Just because I don't think your little headphones are any good, doesn't mean my opinions are "generalized."

While your advice is well intentioned, taking an air of superiority is uncalled for. Insinuating that users of Super.fi's are "kids" and refering to me as "son" do nothing for the "noob" that posted.

I feel my post was quite descriptive of my personal experience with these buds. While I do not tout myself as any sort of authority in this field, I know enough to know that you're suppose to enjoy your headphones. If you do, you win.

Everyone starts somewhere, you don't suddenly understand all aspects of audio. While you may know more than others, putting others' opinions down because they haven't been around as long as you is arrogant. A post count is as meaningless as a person's age. This is a friendly community, where the anonymity of the internet allows us to congregate and share opinions as equals. Let's keep it that way.

Oct 11, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #36 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha
Heh. Compared to some of the old-timers who do favor their super.fi over the other IEM you've listed, you're the one who hasn't been here very long, and haven't heard much else.

We've been having this discussion for longer than you've been a member here. There are more than a few good ears here who like their super.fi plenty. I think one in particular would be tickled pink that because he likes his super.fi, you might generalize him as one of the "kids".
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Well put. I was thinking the same thing.

Oct 11, 2006 at 7:33 AM Post #38 of 77
y all da hate? lol.....i lookin at the e4s n um2s right now.....considering SF.5P for it's bass capabilities tho...only thing is that i heard they break real easily...n dat would truly be a waste cuz i'm dead broke right now....so yea....do they really break easy?

Oct 11, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #39 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by divinerice
y all da hate? lol.....i lookin at the e4s n um2s right now.....considering SF.5P for it's bass capabilities tho...only thing is that i heard they break real easily...n dat would truly be a waste cuz i'm dead broke right now....so yea....do they really break easy?

Well I doubt they break "easily" but earlier revisions tend to break after normal wear and pressure.The 2.0 revision was said to fix that though and the cord problems.I've have several problems with my SF5ps...I just got them back from RMA a few weeks ago too.

Oct 11, 2006 at 10:12 AM Post #42 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha

biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

AGREED!!
I've owned Sennheiser HD580, Ety ER4-P, and finally I am fully enjoying my UE 5 Pro's.

I HAVE heard and owned many highly regarded phones. I just happen to feel that the UE is the best of the 3 TO ME. Making negative blanket statements about others who like them borders on being offensive.

The Ety's are fantastic headphones, but I just could not get past the general lack of low end (IMO, of course).

To each, their own. My advice: LISTEN to them and decide for yourself.

Oct 11, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #43 of 77
Quote:

really.. and what makes your opinion more accurate than any of ours?

Im over 40 have 25+ years of professional audio industry experience and find the SF.5pro among my favorite IEMs to listen to.. and I either own or have heard the best of breed. For under 200 bucks they are a great value, I, for one didnt buy them for their accuracy... I bought them because I like thier signature for certain styles and sources I listen to, and for that purpose there is no equal.

Oct 11, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #44 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by CMasten
really.. and what makes your opinion more accurate than any of ours?

I never said it was, its just my opinion. Listen, I'm sorry I said a dang thing in this thread. I was tactless and rude. Apoligies all the way around.

Oct 11, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #45 of 77
Scotty,
I appreciate and respect your point of view, your candor and your listening perspective, given your seasoned experience. It boils down to taste and types of listening preferences. When the pressures of tenderfooted S.f 5Pro-ponents evoke a sort of censorship on differing opinions of fellow head-fiers, it's time to re-think the discussion free of ill feeling.
Besides, being myself a UE5Pro endorser, I thought that the locally formed league of Super.fiers was somehow "beyond" reactionary and retalliatory with those who happen to disagree with them. I'm a bit shame-faced to be in cahoots with The League (now where's the red-faced smiley when you need one?).
plainface.gif

On behalf of this August--and not-so-August--group, I offer you sincere apologies. One earphone I haven't yet heard is the Westone UM2. I would welcome any insights you may have in comparing these two IEMs.
Respectfully,
Pataburd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back