UK meets, getting a UK CAN JAM going on..
May 2, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #46 of 90
Not sure I can do all dates yet so will wait until one is set but no probs on sharing a ride.

Really appreciate the generosity on this. I could stay in a nearby hotel to ease sleeping arrangements but I'm not sure there would be much sleep if
I had the chance to try some Ed 9's all night!

If this gets too big to manage I can organise my local Village Hall (floor space like 2 badminton courts for next to nothing. Just a thought but I know Huntingdon is not the center of a city but I might try and get some input from the local hi end hifi companies that attract themselves to this town (Cyrus, Mission, TAG Audio, NXT etc.)

May 7, 2008 at 8:49 AM Post #50 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
right slap bang in between norwich and ipswich

Hey A14x we must live quite close, I'm near Diss!

I'd be up for a meet but as you say Manchester is quite a distance from here. If we could come up with something nearer to home that would be great.

May 7, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #51 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicdiddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey A14x we must live quite close, I'm near Diss!

I'd be up for a meet but as you say Manchester is quite a distance from here. If we could come up with something nearer to home that would be great.

im 8 miles from diss!

May 10, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #52 of 90
Sorry for not being you peeps, just had a lot on my plate as of late...

It's looking like people are prefering to have a proper meet, instead of a mini at mine,

Is this the general consensus?

J

May 12, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #54 of 90
I would be interested in the meet, if anyone else is from the london area and is travelling by car then I would gladly pay for travelling expenses.

I have recently acquired a Headamp Pico with DAC and a pair of ALO Modified Ultrasone HFI-780's With 18AWG Cryo cable.

This little lot with import duty and shipping cost me nearly £600.

I would gladly bring them to the meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #55 of 90
Don't think I have the time or monies to get to mancs again for this one boys, especially since Im down in Londinium and actually have a job now.

Might be up for one in the East Anglia area if I pop home to see the rents, and could even meet with dale for joint lift ?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 12, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #56 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would be interested in the meet, if anyone else is from the london area and is travelling by car then I would gladly pay for travelling expenses.

I have recently acquired a Headamp Pico with DAC and a pair of ALO Modified Ultrasone HFI-780's With 18AWG Cryo cable.

This little lot with import duty and shipping cost me nearly £600.

I would gladly bring them to the meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

id love to hear the alo cabled ones and compare to mine, and your pico (what id like to get next) ,

why is manc just too far!

May 12, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #58 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps we could have a mini meet for the Manchester/North West people, then organise a proper meet for everyone else in a more central location?

That makes sense
wink.gif

I'm definitely up for a meet somewhere closer to home if possible.
Whilst the last Manchester meet was excellent, its simply too far to travel for me again (done the coach last time).... especially if I'm lugging alot more gear as well.

Anyone got any ideas/offers for a location for a Central/Southern meet ?
(for those of us who can't make it to the Manchester one).

May 13, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #59 of 90
Quote:

Originally Posted by skellington /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps we could have a mini meet for the Manchester/North West people, then organise a proper meet for everyone else in a more central location?

And central means central, not <insert favourite adjective> London!

Of course everyone wants the meet to be close to their location but that can't happen because we're all spread out.

Half the posts are trying to organise something in East Anglia. I hope this doesn't jeopardise the Manchester/NW meet. They don't want to travel, fair enough, it's a pig of a journey. But I don't want to go to East Anglia for the same reason, and it's hardly fair on the OP.

Hopefully both can happen. Would be willing to entertain a larger meet. Anyone got the dough to hire the NEC?!
eek.gif

May 13, 2008 at 12:28 PM Post #60 of 90
I'd also be up for a meet in the Huntingdon/Cambridge area (I'm afraid I can't justify the drive to Manchester), although my weekends are slowly filling up.
I can probably bring some Meridian gear again, plus my DT990's (2005, 32 ohm), RSA Hornet, Shure E500, and my Denon D2000's if I ever finish recabling them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back