UK Meet (UPDATED!) - Saturday November 7th 2009
Oct 15, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #257 of 398
Thanks for the accommodation tip, guys. I will not be able to bring any equipment with me because I'm travelling by train. However, should things change, we (me + my friend) will try our best to handcarry it up to Manchester.

So, tentatively put me down for +1 because the hotel is not affordable to stay alone at 65quid (same price for 2 people, surprisingly).

Hope to see you all on the 7th.

Oct 15, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #258 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same here, i can help set up too, i live 1.5 mile away. I just need to hire a car for the day to get my gear over to the event. Especially my b22, it weighs a bloody tonne!

Can't wait for this event! Been boring my mates to death at work chatting about it!
icon10.gif

Hey Fault i can pick you and your gear up on the way in if you like.Got an astravan with carpet in the back so gear wont slide about.The offers there,completely up to you.Only thing is,i don't know what time i would be leaving later
smile.gif

Oct 15, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #259 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by alvin sawdust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey Fault i can pick you and your gear up on the way in if you like.Got an astravan with carpet in the back so gear wont slide about.The offers there,completely up to you.Only thing is,i don't know what time i would be leaving later
smile.gif

Hi, thanks for the offer of a lift. What i'll do is inquire about hiring a car for the day as my girlfriend is coming along too, i'll get back to you on it. Would you be able to fit two of us in the van?

I also have a fair few amps id like to bring.

Oct 15, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #260 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, thanks for the offer of a lift. What i'll do is inquire about hiring a car for the day as my girlfriend is coming along too, i'll get back to you on it. Would you be able to fit two of us in the van?

I also have a fair few amps id like to bring.

Only two seats unfortunately,you could get the girlfriend to sit in the back and hold onto all the gear
icon10.gif

Seriously tho,if one of you wants to jump in the back it's no problem and i'm pretty sure there will be enough room for the gear.Just let me know nearer the time.

Oct 16, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #261 of 398
Good call on a few drinks in a pub. I'll be the youthful looking one

Thanks
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lass o' Gowrie pub in Manchester

Highly recommended by me.

Might well be popping over in the afternoon of the Saturday too!

Looks nice

Oct 18, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #262 of 398
Hi guys. Bearing in mind the amount of precious kit people are bringing along, some guidelines on conduct would be helpful.

So, Pete has kindly posted some Head-Fi meet etiquette guidelines, as used at some of the bigger meets in the 'States. I'm sure everyone would like their kit to finish the day in the same condition as it started, so please do take some time to check them out here...

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f24/uk...ewbies-450911/

Thanks Pete!

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:42 PM Post #264 of 398
If I came up to Manchester the night before I could help set up. I'd need cheap accomodation though; any ideas guys? What time would you need me around? UPDATE: I'm getting a DACmagic too
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:06 AM Post #265 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone bringing a Macbook of some description with optical out?

I am toying with the idea of ending my indulgence and selling one of my Macs

Of course I could just hold off until after the Meet and make up my mind then

Hi LFC_SL
I'll be bringing a MacBook Pro 2.4G with 210GB of lossless ALAC on it.

Connected to it will be an Apogee Duet via Firewire 400 and an iBasso D10 via Optical TOSlink.

I hope that helps make your mind up.

I won't be there until Saturday late morning so I hope someone saves me a table.

Sceptre

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:23 AM Post #266 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by P4Z /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I came up to Manchester the night before I could help set up. I'd need cheap accomodation though; any ideas guys? What time would you need me around? UPDATE: I'm getting a DACmagic too
biggrin.gif

Not sure how cheap you mean, but there must be all sorts in around Manchester city centre. Maybe there's a hostel if you're that way inclined? With regards to timings in the morning, well I'm not sure exactly what time I'll be up, or indeed how much there will be to do, but feel free to come along if you like. I'm keen not to actively request people to come early as there may end up being very little to do & you'll have missed out on a lie-in! Depending on what time the hotel serves breakfast, I'll probably scoff something as early as I can & then get into the room.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't be there until Saturday late morning so I hope someone saves me a table.

Sceptre

Don't worry we'll make sure we can squeeze everyone in somehow.

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #267 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi LFC_SL
I'll be bringing a MacBook Pro 2.4G with 210GB of lossless ALAC on it.

Connected to it will be an Apogee Duet via Firewire 400 and an iBasso D10 via Optical TOSlink.

I hope that helps make your mind up.

Sceptre

Ah thanks

It is just that I know some people want to see the Dacmagic to 'hear' what the fuss is about. I can guarantee one. Some attendees want to hear before they buy or cannot say they will manage to buy one in time for the meet

Thanks for bringing a Duet. I was dithering over one before getting the DM but I just could not justify another £xxx+ on top buying blind
tongue.gif

Chances are I will bring my MB along because I need to buy Applecare for whichever Mac I decide to sell to help it on its way

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #268 of 398
Hey Sceptre, thats good to hear that you're bringing the D10. Even I am getting my MBP 17" 2.66 GHz, so I could have a listen through optical out, of course with your permission. I've been waiting to try this for a long time.

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #270 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by vkvedam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a quick question guys, can I take some nice pictures of the meet as we listen along?
Cheers...

Hell yes! After the meet, we have the fun of posting insane amounts of photos and listening impressions to a new thread in the "Meet Impressions" forum
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back