UK Meet (UPDATED!) - Saturday November 7th 2009
Sep 18, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #121 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You buggers sucked up all of the hotel rooms while I was in the USA. So I can't make it now.

Unless someone wants to split a twin room, or split a double and I'll sleep on the floor.

Hey we'll sort something out. I'm away this weekend but will see what can be done on Monday. Not gonna let you give up that easy!

Sep 19, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #122 of 398
i would bring gs1000, hd600, cowon s9 and uknown pair of IEMs (lol, haven't decided which to get yet)

but i'm not sure if I will be able to come
frown.gif

Sep 19, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #123 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey we'll sort something out. I'm away this weekend but will see what can be done on Monday. Not gonna let you give up that easy!

I'd need a room fri and sat. But if you're offering splitsies then I'd really still like to come.

Sep 19, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #124 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd need a room fri and sat. But if you're offering splitsies then I'd really still like to come.

I'll try & get my room changed over to a twin, but worst case scenario we take turns on the floor. Bring yer ear plugs, my wife says I snore like a good'un! Off to deepest darkest Wales for the weekend now, will update on Monday. Cheers.

Sep 19, 2009 at 9:14 AM Post #125 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll try & get my room changed over to a twin, but worst case scenario we take turns on the floor. Bring yer ear plugs, my wife says I snore like a good'un! Off to deepest darkest Wales for the weekend now, will update on Monday. Cheers.

There will be other hotels near by so you could always try them if needed. I live in Manchester so could take a look for you if you need help finding one.

Sep 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #126 of 398
Duggeh

I've never met you before and I'm not sure what the worst that can happen
beyersmile.png
, but you can always crash on my sofa. Obviously there would need to be further discussion in private. I'm in solicitor school so I'm on the straight and narrow
very_evil_smiley.gif

My brother is my taxi for kit if you are thinking about transportation

Sep 20, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #127 of 398
This is really shaping up, excellent.

I'm still finalising what I'm going to bring, and I'll post when I have. In the meantime, a few of requests.

Does anyone have an SPL meter they could bring?

I'd be very interested in hearing a Beyerdynamic DT880 if anyone has one. (DT150, DT250 too come to think of it).

I think it would be great if someone had a DACMagic they could bring. I think there will be a lot of interest in comparing this directly with other DACs. Failing that, Richer Sounds has two stores in the area. Surely we can persuade them to loan one for the day?

Cheers.

Sep 20, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #128 of 398
Lookin good! Count me in please.

I need to travel light on the day but will bring the Corda HA2 SE amp, Iriver as source and the Super Pro Dac. May be tricky to fit the K701 in the bag but I'll see.

Last train home for me so hopefully we can partake of a few ales.

Sep 20, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #129 of 398
Hi Duggeh.

44 year old married guy here. I have a double room for the Saturday night, and you are welcome to stay on anything other than the bed.

I only snore after a drink, which I am likely to have during the day!

Hope you get sorted.

Sceptre

Sep 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #132 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ste /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Count me in please (will be travelling there and back on the day).

Am I the only person who is somewhat iffy about a brand new user signing up in order to turn up to an open table event with lots of expensive detatchable gear laying around?

I hate to look like a paranoid guy or to put off newbies, but there's a limit somewhere as far as these things go isn't there?

Sep 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #133 of 398
Hey Pedalhead.

Did you even think there might need to be an upper limit of attendees?

What are we up to and what do you think the room could hold?

Any thoughts on a raffle for an air ticket to Chicago CanJam? £350 flight with 35 tickets at £11 each - £35 profit towards your tags etc.

Regards

Sceptre

Sep 20, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #134 of 398
I was there in 2007, and if that room is going to have all round periferal wall tables, I'd estimate we're already headed towards a maximum comfortable capacity.

I'd be better to scale to more rooms (there is weston 3 and the function rooms around the bend in the corridor) than to try and squish too many rigs into a limited space. A quiet room for the high end rigs, canjam style maybe?

The room is not overloaded with wall sockets so a lot of extension cords may be needed.

-----

Thank you to the offers from all regarding my space to sleep. I can assure each of you that I'm a good guy, don't snore and will stand my due round for your kindness.

Are we going to have a little raffle at the meet? I could chip in a prize for something like that.

Sep 21, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #135 of 398
if it helps re numbers then you could probably scratch my name off as i cannot see me making it. i was supposed to be moving this coming weekend but still having heard bugger all regarding a conformation date everything is still very much up in the air.

getting v pissed as need to order a cooker that could take upto 2 weeks to deliver apparently but i cant because i have no idea when im actually going to be moving!!! grrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back