UK Meet (UPDATED!) - Saturday November 7th 2009
Sep 9, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #46 of 398
I'll bring my Canon G9. Closest I have to a DSLR

If the room has AC sockets then I will be inclined to bring my Dacmagic along with my Macbook so I can see how it fares against high end competition
redface.gif

I live in the city so no hotel room cost for me
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

P.S. My attendance is dependent on nothing last minute arising, otherwise my calendar is free

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM Post #47 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFC_SL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll bring my Canon G9. Closest I have to a DSLR

If the room has AC sockets then I will be inclined to bring my Dacmagic along with my Macbook so I can see how it fares against high end competition
redface.gif

I live in the city so no hotel room cost for me
evil_smiley.gif
biggrin.gif

P.S. My attendance is dependent on nothing last minute arising, otherwise my calendar is free

It'll have a LOT of AC sockets
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #48 of 398
Any news from the hotel re: discounted room rates???

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:26 AM Post #49 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any news from the hotel re: discounted room rates???

Check out my posts on pg3. Best prices are by booking online at their website (the conference rate isn't as good).

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #50 of 398
Cheers, will book via the website!

EDIT - now booked in for Friday and Saturday evening, will travel up on Fri after work.

Sep 10, 2009 at 7:50 PM Post #51 of 398
Great news guys, Head-Fi forum sponsor HiFi Headphones have offered to attend and sponsor the meet! I've spoken with Shaun of HiFi Headphones and he's really enthusiastic about taking part, and will bring along a selection of their products for us to play with. Shaun has generously offered to pay the conference room booking fee, essentially making this meet free of charge for the rest of us. I'll update the first post with the news shortly. Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheers, will book via the website!

EDIT - now booked in for Friday and Saturday evening, will travel up on Fri after work.

Excellent
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:40 PM Post #52 of 398
I'm excited
biggrin.gif

My Minimax should be here any day now, it's just been released from customs.

I'll most likely be bringing a Yahama CDP with me aswell just so that I have a source for people to use with my amp, I guess having more amps than sources will cause queues :p

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #53 of 398
I'm in.

I'll bring most of what I have including a Nikon DSLR or 2. 18-200mm should do well.

Pity the JH13's are custom, otherwise you could have tried out what I believe are my best phones.

Will drive up the Saturday morning and be there for midday, staying Saturday night.

See you all there.

Sceptre

Sep 11, 2009 at 9:54 AM Post #56 of 398
Our room now booked!

Now have to finish off my millett max
icon10.gif

John

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #57 of 398
I've just booked a room and went to the old thread to check which train station the hotel is near but the first post has gone!

Can anyone confirm it's Manchester Picadily I need before I get a ticket to the wrong place?

£50+ for 8 hours on a train to get to a place showcasing gear to make me want to spend more money than I have... must be mad
beyersmile.png

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #60 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by fault151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi i just noticed this thread, yeh im up 4 it. I live in manchester. How much is it?

Hifiheadphones.co.uk are sponsoring the meet, so no cost for attendees. If you'd like to bring any kit with you, let me know & I'll add it to the main list. Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back