UK Hornets - how long did delivery take?
Jan 13, 2006 at 10:12 AM Post #31 of 39
mine (#9172) has also arrived
580smile.gif

sounds incredible out of the box compared to my bada PH-1 even without burning in yet. Much cooler also unlike bada which can get so hot that u can fry an egg on it
tongue.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 10:36 AM Post #32 of 39
It is a real classy amp. Excellent design, superb sound and easily transportable. Club Hornet rules
biggrin.gif

Jan 13, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #33 of 39
Mine shipped on 17th, arrived on the 29th. Be patient...

EDIT: Woops, didn't see the second page. In which case, CONGRATS and join the club! If your SN is #9168 and mine #9159, that means he managed to sell 9 Hornets in six days?! That is just incredible!

Jan 13, 2006 at 4:36 PM Post #34 of 39
mine is shipped on 27th Dec still not arrived in Singapore yet. Whose hornet was shipped on 27th and had arrived?

Jan 13, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #35 of 39
Hi, since all of you already ordered your hornet with ray, i think i might ask you: How do i order the Hornet? I was at rays website, but under the product page, it wasn't even listed, and i couldn't find no order form at all. So do you place your order simply via email? What's the price (349$, right?), and how much is shipping to the EU?
I'm pretty new to the whole amp-stuff, so be patiend with me
biggrin.gif

thx

Jan 13, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #36 of 39
I mailed Ray a couple of days ago about one, here the email he sent back:

Hi Rob…

The Hornet is $350.00, $20.00 shipping, $15.00 for two batteries, Accu-power & Tysonic.

4% pay-pal fee. Total is $400.40. Had lots of fun in Las Vegas.

Thanks.

Ray Samuels

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:51 PM
To: rsaudio@raysamuelsaudio.com
Subject: RSA Hornet

Hey,

I was wondering what the price of a RSA Hornet is at the moment? I am a head-fi member and was checking out the Hornet thread but couldnt work out what it was now. Also what is the price of the rechargeable batteries and shipping to the UK?

Hope Vegas went ok

Cheers

Rob

This means it works out at around £225.47 at the moment.

The $20 shipping is to the UK and the 4% paypal fee is for the UK (iirc its $10 shipping in the US and 3% paypal)

I think I may end up ordering one next month (cash flow dependent) would be great to hear one first though.

Just email Ray to order and he will give you his paypal account, or I guess you could send a check/ money order for the ammount??

Rob

Jan 13, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #37 of 39
Roblo/Rhymesgalore

Looks like the holiday price for the hornet is over then, but so are the holidays.

To order is basically sending a Paypal with your membership name and the details to rays paypal email. I think it's still listed in the large hornet thread so I won't type it again here in case he has removed it for some reason, though it may even be the one shown above here.

I think the UK members have been lucky with customs etc as the box is so small and light and nicely labelled by Ray
biggrin.gif

My main warning for your wallet is that you may be tempted to buy the SR-71 as well just to compare the two.
eek.gif

A good buy imho.

Steve

Jan 13, 2006 at 8:56 PM Post #38 of 39
Rob

I work in the City of London. You are welcome to come and have a listen if you are in the area.

Simon

Jan 13, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #39 of 39
Thx a lot Roblo and Steve,
lambda.gif

and @Steve
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
I think it's still listed in the large hornet thread

could you please guide me to the thread you mentioned, i already used the search function, to find any "official" thread about it ("Hornet announcement" or something like this) but couldn't find anything.
thx in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back