UK Hornets - how long did delivery take?
Jan 9, 2006 at 1:04 PM Post #16 of 39
17days has passed here but no hornet.
bah... where the hell it is wandering about...
this order is my second deal with ray.
as I know, He usually does not give tracking number to his customer.

Jan 9, 2006 at 1:12 PM Post #17 of 39
Mine was shipped via USPS to the UK. Whilst Ray did not give me a tracking number, the parcel did have one on it when it arrived. Perhaps Ray was so busy leading up to CES that he just wanted to ship as many as he could before Christmas and did not have time to send out emails with all the tracking numbers.

Just a thought.

Simon

Jan 9, 2006 at 2:54 PM Post #18 of 39
I seem to recall that Ray does get a tracking number but the sheer volume of the sales when the hornet came out would have meant spending far too much time sending emails of the tracking to one and all. If there is a problem or undue delay then he'd check the tracking.

Steve

Jan 9, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #20 of 39
I acquired from another member in sgheadphones.net it takes about 3 weeks for it to arrive... so i will wait for 3 weeks... if not I will ask Ray, guys let us know when your hornet arrives!

Jan 9, 2006 at 11:27 PM Post #21 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sclamb
Mine was shipped via USPS to the UK. Whilst Ray did not give me a tracking number, the parcel did have one on it when it arrived. Perhaps Ray was so busy leading up to CES that he just wanted to ship as many as he could before Christmas and did not have time to send out emails with all the tracking numbers.

Just a thought.

Simon

Hi my friends around the world...
I am back from my trip to Las Vegas SHOW. I just want you to know my method of shipping which applies to all my customers all around the world & here in the US.
Once the payment has been received, & cleared, if using pay-pal, the Hornet is shipped the next day via USPS, which most of the time they say it will get to the destination between 5-10 days max. The problem is not the USPS causing the delay of your amps, but the customs in your countries take their sweet time to inform you that your amp is by them. It is not my fault at all, I always feel with all of you & try to get your amp to you as fast as I could, but what takes place in the customs is beyond my reach. You only have to wait for your amp to be released. The Tracking # that you all are talking about is sadly for me to say " USELESS" as you will never ever know where your amp is. The ONLY method of shipping & tracking your amp on the daily bases would be through Fed-Ex or UPS, but both are pricy, if you are willing to pay their price & track your package then please let me know which method of shipment you would request, I will be more than happy to do it your way. I never ignore the e-mails & many times I send the tracking # to the head-fiers who really insist in having it & find my self replying to 3-4 more e-mails saying (but this tracking # is not working)
You will get your amps with no doubt, but you have to be patient.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Jan 10, 2006 at 1:25 PM Post #22 of 39
USPS tracking numbers do work quite well.

When the package has left the US it's best to use the website that your owns countries post office uses (eg for the UK Royal Mail or Parcelforce) and input the USPS tracking number this should (or does in the UK) show whether the package is in customs and even whether there's a charge on it

Here's an example form the Parcelforce website of one item shipped to me:-

04-01-2006 08:54 Milton Keynes Depot Parcel delivered
30-12-2005 04:27 Milton Keynes Depot Arrived at delivery depot
29-12-2005 21:35 National Hub Sorted in hub
29-12-2005 10:27 International Hub En route to delivery depot
29-12-2005 09:41 International Hub RELEASED WITH CHARGES
28-12-2005 23:33 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGING
28-12-2005 23:33 International Hub AWAITING CUSTOMS CHARGES
28-12-2005 23:24 International Hub Arrived in destination country
28-12-2005 23:24 International Hub Arrived at Hub
24-12-2005 06:43 Delivery Agent - SAN FRANCISCO Left origin country
23-12-2005 14:18 Delivery Agent - UNITED STATES AMERICA Collected from customer

Jan 11, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #23 of 39
Mine(#9168) arrived, finally!!!!
it was a very long waiting(21days exactly) but it's in my hand now
biggrin.gif

what a relief...
wow, it's very tiny and... view-tiful, a sexy eye-catcher.
Ray, you did a terrific job. it's a piece of work.
as to its sound, very fast, powerful
basshead.gif
but treble very sibilant,
forwarding compared with his big brother but not that much as I expected.
I think some burn-in time will soften this harsh character.
anyway, I'm happy now
tongue.gif

parsifal_20060111141608_4852623_10.jpg

parsifal_20060111141608_4852623_11.jpg

parsifal_20060111141608_4852623_12.jpg

Jan 11, 2006 at 12:22 PM Post #24 of 39
I think the Hornet should only be used with the battery inserted even if using mains power. Inserting the battery pushes the whole assembly forward which includes the volume knob. If you turn the volume know without the battery inserted it rubs against the casing and is very stiff to turn. I am assuming that this owuld be the case with all Hornets.

That said, the Hornet is a fantastic piece of engineering and a stunning amp. The form factor versus function equiation has truly been well designed and catered for, and I am enjoying music on my daily commute like never before.

Big thanks to Ray for thinking of it, designing it and building it. No wonder he has so many fans here. Just wish he was thinking of an electrostatic amp. It would have been great to have one of those in my Egmont versus KGSS evaluation.

Simon

Jan 11, 2006 at 2:21 PM Post #26 of 39
No
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2006 at 8:45 PM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghiberti
it was a very long waiting(21days exactly) but it's in my hand now
biggrin.gif

Wow congrad. I am still waiting for my Hornet as well, 15 days until now, and it looks like another 6 more days for me.

From what I read, the burn in will play a huge factor on how the Hornet sounds.

Jan 12, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #29 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghiberti

My finally arrived. Serial number is 9186, your last two digit reversed.

Jan 12, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #30 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by tezzla
Man, it makes it so tempting if thats the case...

Go on, you know you want to
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back