UK Hornets - how long did delivery take?
Jan 6, 2006 at 3:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

sclamb

1000+ Head-Fier
When I last spoke with Ray he said he was shipping my Hornet to the UK on 23 Dec. I still haven't received it and wondered how long it took for any other UK owners to get theirs, and how was it sent?

I think Ray is away at the moment, so the worst case is he didn't manage to ship before Christmas and I have a bit more of a wait.

Simon

Jan 6, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #2 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sclamb
When I last spoke with Ray he said he was shipping my Hornet to the UK on 23 Dec. I still haven't received it and wondered how long it took for any other UK owners to get theirs, and how was it sent?

I think Ray is away at the moment, so the worst case is he didn't manage to ship before Christmas and I have a bit more of a wait.

Simon

Ok.., I'm not alone now
biggrin.gif

I'm living in south korea.
I heard mine had been shipped-ray said like that-on around 23 dec.
but I have not received it yet. simon, when you receive yours, let me know that please.

Jan 6, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #3 of 39
Came home and there it was. Just with the wrong plug!

Jan 6, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 39
Quote:

Came home and there it was. Just with the wrong plug!

By that do you mean it has the 2 prong wallwart? I think that's the one we all got, plugs in via a shaver adapter or equivalent but works fine.

Steve

Jan 6, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #6 of 39
Yes, the two prong wall wart. It has blade pins, not round ones, so won't work with my shaver adapter, which has round holes.

Simon

Jan 6, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #7 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghiberti
oops,
I'm alone again.
then, where's mine?
very_evil_smiley.gif

I bet the guys at Singapore customs are grooving to some wicked tunes with their new amp
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 6, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #8 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghiberti
oops,
I'm alone again.
then, where's mine?
very_evil_smiley.gif

do not worry. I am joining. Ray said mine was shipped on 27th. I am still waiting, and I am in Canada.

Jan 7, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #9 of 39
Mine is here at the post office in Helsinki. Everything shut down on Friday so I couldn't go pick it up. Big bank holiday.

Anyway, it's at customs, and I know that's going to be a huge headache because I'm guessing he put the full value of the amp, yet I only have a receipt for a much smaller amount (worked out a trade with a fellow headfier and I payed the difference). Customs flips and suspects all sorts of things when the amounts differ like that "If you paid this, then why did he put this value on it? Is it worth even more??". It's just how they are, they want to tax you for as much as they can.

Worse case scenario is that they send it back to Ray, but hopefully I'll get someone I've met many times before and they'll know it's just me buying some strange audio thing again, and that I'm telling the truth.

Jan 7, 2006 at 10:10 AM Post #10 of 39
If it is any comfort, the customs value on my Hornet was declared at $43 and marked as a sample.

Simon

Jan 7, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #12 of 39
Unless customs opened it and don't believe the value declaration. It is a major offence to not declare the correct value
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm sure it will be fine.

Simon

Jan 7, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #13 of 39
Mine was shipped on december 19th, received january 4th.
I live in France, so I believe delivery time would be about the same.

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Unless customs opened it and don't believe the value declaration. It is a major offence to not declare the correct value
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm sure it will be fine.

Simon

Here we go with the customs wars. It's not a major offense in Finland. They just want to tax you for as much as they can. That's really all. They don't open it unless it's something that's illegal to import. They only open it once you're there, and they check the invoice and tax you. The problem is when the shipper doesn't include an invoice. I always print out my own receipt just-in-case.

It's just a headache if you have a receipt for roughly 80 bucks and the value is what.. 300 or so, trying to explain how that could be. Their only motivation is "is it worth even more??" But in my case I've been there a lot and if I get someone I know, they'll know what's up. If I get someone I don't know, they'll have me explain it 20 times, and then probably write down, look sideways at me, until a manager tells them to just let me pay the customs already.

I always assume I'm going to have to pay the full amount.

Jan 9, 2006 at 7:29 AM Post #15 of 39
Yup, mine was shipped on 27/12/05 and it had not reached me in Singapore yet. Do you guys have any tracking numbers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back