UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Feb 1, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #271 of 981
Glad you're coming along! Personally, I'd love to hear the Oppo so if you're able to bring that along it'd be great. Cheers :D .

Glad you're coming along! Personally, I'd love to hear the Oppo so if you're able to bring that along it'd be great. Cheers :D .

No problem I can bring both if you supply a source otherwise you'll have to make do with my iPhone.

Feb 2, 2015 at 3:55 AM Post #275 of 981
Apologies, but this announcement will be delayed for a couple of days.

Quote:
  There'll be another competition on Sunday to win something rather nice. Just got to think up a fiendishly difficult question... 

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #276 of 981
I'll don my Lederhosen and jig about seductively if it helps?!?  
eek.gif

The Audio Note has departed but I can offer you a choice of 3 viable alternatives. A TEAC P500 transport plus an assortment of DACs, a Trigon Recall II CDP, or a diminutive battery powered Japanese CDP that's based on a 47 Labs design.

Quote:

Hmm... let me see... how about booking a Master Class by the entire cast of Strictly's female professional dancers?
Yep, that should do it.

On reflection, that could be rather tricky to arrange, even with Andy's impressive organisational skills (no harm in trying though).
So a repeat loan of Andy's Audio Note CDP would be nice.

I'm shortly to acquire the iFi DSD Micro for portable use, but I've yet to determine if that will be man enough for the job, so I'd like to have a known quantity source as back up.

Feb 2, 2015 at 4:34 AM Post #277 of 981
The Lolworth Travelodge is actually on the A14 westbound and isn't the easiest place to walk to from the meet venue. As the crow fly's it's about a mile, as there's a pedestrian route through the housing estate behind the recreation ground which the hall is in.

There is a bus route that will take you 75% of the way from the hall to the Travelodge:   

walk.png
Walk to near The Spinney
About 6 mins
near The Spinney
bus.png
Citi 5Bus towards Cambridge
09:35–09:37 (2 mins, 5 stops) Service run by Stagecoach in the Fens

near Saxon Way
walk.png
Walk to Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB23 8DR, UK

I reckon that your best bet is to ask for a lift from a meet attendee staying at the Travelodge. 

Quote:
Hi all

May possibly be able to make this date. If so would come by train and stay at local Travelodge on Fri night. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to get to Travelodge i.e. is there a nearby bus service and how far the meet venue is from Travelodge?

Gear I could bring..

Benchmark DAC1, M2tech hiface, computer
HD800 and Cardas single ended cable
Lehmann BCL
Etymotic ER4P/S

Cheers..

Feb 2, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #278 of 981
Dang, flying to Switzerland that weekend, would have most certainly attended. Have fun :¬)

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #279 of 981
Thanks for the heads up Smial1966

beerchug.gif

At the moment I'm not sure I can attend 'cos there is a strong possibility I have to work that weekend (I work in IT) but am nevertheless keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't been to a meet since Manchester 2009 so it's been a while!

If I can come, then like you say I could probably snag a lift from someone at the Travelodge. Or alternatively just come up on the day, although it will be a very early start (I'm based in Walton-on-Thames).

In terms of getting from Cambridge station to the Travelodge, do you know if I can I get most of the way by bus (I noticed it's 7 miles away from the station so preferring not to pay 15-20 quid for a taxi)?

Cheers
Mark

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #280 of 981

beerchug.gif

At the moment I'm not sure I can attend 'cos there is a strong possibility I have to work that weekend (I work in IT) but am nevertheless keeping my fingers crossed. I haven't been to a meet since Manchester 2009 so it's been a while!

If I can come, then like you say I could probably snag a lift from someone at the Travelodge. Or alternatively just come up on the day, although it will be a very early start (I'm based in Walton-on-Thames).

In terms of getting from Cambridge station to the Travelodge, do you know if I can I get most of the way by bus (I noticed it's 7 miles away from the station so preferring not to pay 15-20 quid for a taxi)?

Cheers
Mark

IIRC You can get a bus from Cambridge to about 5 mins from the venue, not sure about the travelodge. (this was back in sept 2013) 

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #281 of 981
Below from the Travelodge website - Lolworth - using the 'Directions & Map' tab specifying by bus. Ignore the times as this corresponds to the time of the search. The routes are what you need.

7.1 mi - about 46 mins
Cambridge, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB1 2JW, UK
Walk to Railway Station (Stop 6)
About 2 mins
Railway Station (Stop 6)
Citi 3Bus towards Cambridge
5:15pm–5:26pm (11 mins, 5 stops)
Service run by Stagecoach in Cambridge
opp Christ's College
Citi 5Bus towards Fenstanton
5:31pm–5:51pm (20 mins, 13 stops)
Service run by Stagecoach in the Fens
near Superstore
Walk to Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB23 8DR, UK
About 8 mins
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB23 8DR, UK

:beerchug: .

Cheers
Mark

Feb 2, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #282 of 981
Thanks! :)

IIRC You can get a bus from Cambridge to about 5 mins from the venue, not sure about the travelodge. (this was back in sept 2013) 

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #283 of 981
I recently got a pair of SR-003mk2 in-Earspeakers to use with my BHSE / K-01, and I have to say I think they sound amazing, not as open sounding as the 009's, but for what they cost they are a bargain. (IMO)

In the list of the amps going to the Cambridge meeting in April, I saw there's a KGST, so I think I'll bring the 003mk2's to try out with that amp assuming it would be OK with the KGST owner.

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #284 of 981
I recently got a pair of SR-003mk2 in-Earspeakers to use with my BHSE / K-01, and I have to say I think they sound amazing, not as open sounding as the 009's, but for what they cost they are a bargain. (IMO)

In the list of the amps going to the Cambridge meeting in April, I saw there's a KGST, so I think I'll bring the 003mk2's to try out with that amp assuming it would be OK with the KGST owner.

"headinclouds" (Geoff) is bringing the KGST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back