UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Jan 6, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #76 of 981
Jan 6, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #77 of 981
that seems a little expensive.
That being said we will probably be spending similar to that on raffle tickets....

Jan 6, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #79 of 981
Not quite sure on that meet. Not a member's meet, more like a blinged up showroom. There isn't really anything I haven't heard from those brand and the tenner doesn't help.

Might change my mind if more Head-Fi members heads over.

Jan 6, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #80 of 981
Not quite sure on that meet. Not a member's meet, more like a blinged up showroom. There isn't really anything I haven't heard from those brand and the tenner doesn't help.

I am not afiliated with it and for me that's cheaper than getting to Cambridge, any Head-Fi free passes Phil !?

I am looking at getting my fist "high end" (for the rest of you read mid-tier) headphones so need to try out and educate myself on DAC/amps as well as a variety of HP. 

London or UK based, feel free to add to my thread in sig to expand our scope of shops and Headphones to try.

(OT: Anyone know where in London I can try the Fostex T50rp standard/MrSpeakers/AMF/or variations.)

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #81 of 981
Hi to all,
I have the time off work I have the hotels lined up , so I'm coming! Thanks for the PM's because I wouldn't want to have missed it. It's almost a 600 mile round trip for me so it'll probably be a 2 night stay at the Lolworth Travelodge. It'll be great to see everyone again, well worth the trip.
I shall bring
Sennheiser HD800
Dacmagic+ with BT100 Bluetooth Transmitter
Sennheiser IE800
Fidelity Audio HPA200 SE Headphone Amplifier
VModa M100
Skullkandy Aviator
Ibasso DX100
Ipod
Colorfly C3

I shall be eagerly awaiting Turrican's MH1 customs and are you one of the only owners in the country of the Tera player Andy?

regards
Trev

Jan 7, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #82 of 981
Hi Trev,

Good job sir! Thanks for your sterling effort to attend the meet.
There are quite a few of us UK Tera Player owners now. I'll bring my TP to the meet.

Cheers,
Andy.  

Quote:
Hi to all,
I have the time off work I have the hotels lined up , so I'm coming! Thanks for the PM's because I wouldn't want to have missed it. It's almost a 600 mile round trip for me so it'll probably be a 2 night stay at the Lolworth Travelodge. It'll be great to see everyone again, well worth the trip.
I shall bring
Sennheiser HD800
Dacmagic+ with BT100 Bluetooth Transmitter
Sennheiser IE800
Fidelity Audio HPA200 SE Headphone Amplifier
VModa M100
Skullkandy Aviator
Ibasso DX100
Ipod
Colorfly C3

I shall be eagerly awaiting Turrican's MH1 customs and are you one of the only owners in the country of the Tera player Andy?

regards
Trev

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #84 of 981
I'd love to hear the Tera Player as it's quite likely I'll have acquired a couple of high-end CIEMs by the time the meet takes place (if I can get over my fear of visiting an audiologist).

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #85 of 981
Visiting an audiologist isn't too bad really, as they're highly trained and must take lot's of ear canal impressions every year. It's imperative to give the audiologist the CIEM manufacturers instructions, as some like the impressions made with the mouth open, others with it closed and so on. 

Good luck! 

Quote:
I'd love to hear the Tera Player as it's quite likely I'll have acquired a couple of high-end CIEMs by the time the meet takes place (if I can get over my fear of visiting an audiologist).

Jan 7, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #86 of 981

I've been eyeing the UM Mentor. They sent me instructions to take to an audiologist and unfortunately they do require me to sit there open-mouthed and drooling for 15 minutes while I alternate between waggling my jaw and biting on an apple. There's an audiologist in my town but unfortunately I know the girl there so it also means a trip into Newcastle.

Jan 7, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #87 of 981

A charge to get into a trade show always makes me laugh, they'll be charging to get into Primark next, but being a sad head-fi audio starved Londoner I'll
am going on Saturday.
BTW the venue is a NIGHTMARE to get to.

Jan 8, 2015 at 7:19 AM Post #88 of 981
Couple of very nice raffle prize announcements planned, one for a small USB DAC tomorrow and the other for a neat DAC/AMP unit this weekend. 

So...

Jan 9, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #89 of 981
Raffle update

A nice diminutive USB DAC 128 mkII from Henry Audio - http://www.henryaudio.com/ - that has received numerous plaudits from the audio press. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #90 of 981
I just joined Head-Fi and this looks like something I'd love to attend. Do I sign up or just turn up on the day?
Also, any members living in Brighton?
At the moment I have a PonoPlayer, Fiio X3 and Sennheiser Momentum but I'm interested in the new Audeze EL-8 and need to audition more cans.

All the best,
Andreas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back